Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Window 20:38 - Dec 26 with 8612 viewsisitme

With the sale of Cannon and the potential sale of McGahey. What business do you expect/like to see done in the January transfer window?

Norman, Randall and Clough to go back to their parent clubs at the end of their loans. Wilbraham to have his contract cancelled by mutual consent.

A centre half to come in on loan if McGahey leaves and another striker to replace Wilbraham.
January Window on 20:52 - Dec 28 with 1594 viewsboromat

January Window on 20:26 - Dec 28 by James1980

Are there any more youth team players who look worthy of promotion to the first team.

From the checkatrade games I've seen only matheson looks like he'll be good enough at the minute and it's probably a little too early for him to be playing often. But you never know the others that have featured have had good things to their play just so far off the first team at the moment not sure they'll catch up in time or if Hill will give them more time like he has with Gillam.

If you're talking this window and this season I'd be surprised to see any of them feature. If Matheson plays it'll be down to an injury to Rafferty.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

January Window on 20:57 - Dec 28 with 1582 viewsJames1980

January Window on 20:52 - Dec 28 by boromat

From the checkatrade games I've seen only matheson looks like he'll be good enough at the minute and it's probably a little too early for him to be playing often. But you never know the others that have featured have had good things to their play just so far off the first team at the moment not sure they'll catch up in time or if Hill will give them more time like he has with Gillam.

If you're talking this window and this season I'd be surprised to see any of them feature. If Matheson plays it'll be down to an injury to Rafferty.

So no one who could provide cover for Andrew and McGahey if they do go? Is Alby worth another final chance before being off loaded?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

January Window on 21:54 - Dec 28 with 1491 viewsDaleiLama

January Window on 20:57 - Dec 28 by James1980

So no one who could provide cover for Andrew and McGahey if they do go? Is Alby worth another final chance before being off loaded?

No.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Window on 22:02 - Dec 28 with 1476 viewsJames1980

January Window on 21:54 - Dec 28 by DaleiLama

No.

Is that more a No, No and HELL NO be better if Keith came out of retirement?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

January Window on 09:10 - Dec 29 with 1278 viewsDaleiLama

January Window on 22:02 - Dec 28 by James1980

Is that more a No, No and HELL NO be better if Keith came out of retirement?

More of a no unless hell freezes over and we have no other players capable of standing type no.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

January Window on 10:31 - Dec 29 with 1197 viewsboromat

January Window on 20:57 - Dec 28 by James1980

I don't think Andrew will go he knows he's got it pretty good here. He's become a fans favourite which is difficult for a striker that doesn't score goals. I'm sure we'd accept a money offer bid for him but not sure he'd want to go. It'd have to be a good pay cheque.

I've not seen the RCBs that play for the youth team but I think it's the captain that hasn't played for the first team yet. I don't know much about him apart from his physique from being at the ground and just from that he doesn't look ready for men's football at centre back yet but then neither did Tanser tbf.

Alby looked like he had some class about him in pre-season and for whatever reason it hasn't worked out for him apart from that wonder goal. He's not mobile enough for a Hill team that's the only thing I can put it down to.

Maybe we could bring back Niall Bell if he's developing well at Stockport (I know a bit left field)

January Window on 13:54 - Dec 29 with 1038 viewsEllDale

If we're talking about bringing people back Muldoon is scoring goals for Harrogate in the Conference!
I actually feel a bit sorry for Randall. He was, as I understand it, brought in to play right wingback in place of Rafferty whose delivery isn't the best at times.
The lad got assaulted on the pitch in the Checkatrade, we scrapped the 3-5-2 system and then he was tossed into the game at Oxford half baked.
I'd keep him on because I'm not sure that Mathieson is ready for League 1 if anything happens to Raff.
We have some away games to come in which you don't want to be fielding an inexperienced youngster eg Portsmouth, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton.
January Window on 15:01 - Dec 29 with 956 viewsboromat

For all the people not happy about us selling Cannon and possibly McGahey listen to the Dunphy interview. I knew we relied on developing players and selling them but I didn't realise it was part of Hillys budget. If I'm translating it properly Hill gets a budget on the provision that he makes a certain amount of money in transfer fees. And I should imagine with the increased budget this season came a bigger emphasis on making sure we got the transfer fees.

Is that how everyone else understands his comment?

Login to get fewer ads

January Window on 17:36 - Dec 29 with 889 viewspioneer

January Window on 15:01 - Dec 29 by boromat

For all the people not happy about us selling Cannon and possibly McGahey listen to the Dunphy interview. I knew we relied on developing players and selling them but I didn't realise it was part of Hillys budget. If I'm translating it properly Hill gets a budget on the provision that he makes a certain amount of money in transfer fees. And I should imagine with the increased budget this season came a bigger emphasis on making sure we got the transfer fees.

Is that how everyone else understands his comment?

According to previous posts on here it’s not only his playing budget but also his income that depends on selling the clubs assets.

I’d like to think there would be incentives more aligned to results, league position and attendances than asset stripping.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024