Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crawley 2-0 U's 17:03 - Jan 1 with 946 viewsnoah4x4

On way home. Speechless.

We can't blame McGreal for this. He threw on two attackers at 0-0 and a man advantage and still we can't score. Crawley two on target, two goals.
Crawley 2-0 U's on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 942 viewsthrillseeker

Feel for you Noah
Crawley 2-0 U's on 17:28 - Jan 1 with 921 viewsdurham_exile

Sorry but losing to Crawley is simply unacceptable.

What has happened to Aaron Collins the forgotten loaned from Wolves.

Can we bring Junior back from his loan.

Unless results improve then even the play offs will be beyond us.

Frankly we were woeful at Carlisle and the performances since (MK Dons excepted have been shambolic).

We are now 8th and dropping like a lead balloon. Even more worrying is that we play the leagues whipping boys next at home.

Very disappointed with the current form.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Crawley 2-0 U's on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 889 viewsGOSBTS

The only optimistic thing I can say is that a few seasons ago Brighton had a similarly awful Christmas period (lost 3 out of 4 games I think) and still made the play offs, and Man City will still finish 2nd at the least after having a bad run of games.

Won't be there on Saturday but 3 points is vital, no matter how it happens. After that McGreal can sort out the style of football!
Crawley 2-0 U's on 18:43 - Jan 1 with 880 viewsLeadbelly

Crawley 2-0 U's on 18:28 - Jan 1 by GOSBTS

The only optimistic thing I can say is that a few seasons ago Brighton had a similarly awful Christmas period (lost 3 out of 4 games I think) and still made the play offs, and Man City will still finish 2nd at the least after having a bad run of games.

Won't be there on Saturday but 3 points is vital, no matter how it happens. After that McGreal can sort out the style of football!

As you are relatively new to the Us you may not be aware we do a very good line in post Christmas slumps. I can’t remember the last time we reached the New Year and actually kicked on.

We are now playing sides for the second time and they all seem to be defending in depth, possibly because we scored goals early season. With an apparent loss of form we don’t seem to have any answer.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Crawley 2-0 U's on 11:05 - Jan 2 with 766 viewsMoor_Pinot

I feel for all who travelled again yesterday.

This run really began after we beat Crawley fortuitously 3-1.
From then on the opposition methodolgy has baffled One-trick ponies like us and we have no plan B.

In recent games we have dominated and had most chances but it is always the opposition who look more direct and much more dangerous. Morecombe simply sat deep and took their deserved point but in fact they also had the 2 best chances from their two attacks - ditto yesterday and ditto Stevenage who always looked like they'd score when they occasionally crossed the half-way line. I don't even think we're unlucky; yes we've hit bar and post a couple of times but we have created very few clear chances in the last month.

DURHAM : They are sadly now actually looking a bit demotivated and short of inspiration. Senior has lost his early season dribbling skills and Norris has not recovered power since his injury. Pell is off-form as is Nouble. Kent has been a walking red card since the Stevenage game and clearly nobody warned him. Nobody plays close enough to Norris so we do not present an effective 'strike force' and good though his own form has been does anybody ever really know where Sammie is likely to be at any one time? We are now outside the top 7 and the tougher, more experienced teams with more switched on management are gathering impetus just as we continue on our 'can we score one and then defend it' routine for the 16th game in a row. The results speak for themselves as regards that policy. I cannot see us beating Notts County - we rarely do - and until we belt someone 4 or 5 nought from nowhere I fear this slump will just become the defined season. Whether Mr Cowling can afford someone with fresh ideas from a driving midfield position I do not know; maybe that is not an answer anyway. Where's Craig Slater when you need him!? As you ask....where is Collins? Junior is not scoring many at Bromley......it's actually someone at Orient we could really do with!! So what we must hope is that a plan B is somehow conjured up by Saturday and that we string some positive results together - only the opposite seems to be within our capability these days. Just 3 wins on the trot would change the entire scene.

Up the 'frozen in time' U's

Moor Pinot

Crawley 2-0 U's on 11:49 - Jan 2 with 761 viewsgerry_us

Crawley 2-0 U's on 11:05 - Jan 2 by Moor_Pinot

I feel for all who travelled again yesterday.

This run really began after we beat Crawley fortuitously 3-1.
From then on the opposition methodolgy has baffled One-trick ponies like us and we have no plan B.

In recent games we have dominated and had most chances but it is always the opposition who look more direct and much more dangerous. Morecombe simply sat deep and took their deserved point but in fact they also had the 2 best chances from their two attacks - ditto yesterday and ditto Stevenage who always looked like they'd score when they occasionally crossed the half-way line. I don't even think we're unlucky; yes we've hit bar and post a couple of times but we have created very few clear chances in the last month.

DURHAM : They are sadly now actually looking a bit demotivated and short of inspiration. Senior has lost his early season dribbling skills and Norris has not recovered power since his injury. Pell is off-form as is Nouble. Kent has been a walking red card since the Stevenage game and clearly nobody warned him. Nobody plays close enough to Norris so we do not present an effective 'strike force' and good though his own form has been does anybody ever really know where Sammie is likely to be at any one time? We are now outside the top 7 and the tougher, more experienced teams with more switched on management are gathering impetus just as we continue on our 'can we score one and then defend it' routine for the 16th game in a row. The results speak for themselves as regards that policy. I cannot see us beating Notts County - we rarely do - and until we belt someone 4 or 5 nought from nowhere I fear this slump will just become the defined season. Whether Mr Cowling can afford someone with fresh ideas from a driving midfield position I do not know; maybe that is not an answer anyway. Where's Craig Slater when you need him!? As you ask....where is Collins? Junior is not scoring many at Bromley......it's actually someone at Orient we could really do with!! So what we must hope is that a plan B is somehow conjured up by Saturday and that we string some positive results together - only the opposite seems to be within our capability these days. Just 3 wins on the trot would change the entire scene.

Up the 'frozen in time' U's

Who from Orient?
Crawley 2-0 U's on 12:03 - Jan 2 with 759 viewsMoor_Pinot

HNY Gerry, can't remember the bloke, scores a few....

Moor Pinot

Crawley 2-0 U's on 16:54 - Jan 2 with 726 viewsnoah4x4

Been thinking about this since the game.

I wonder, is it time to drop Szmodics?

Is he given too much freedom? Is forever playing neat triangles out wide with Jackson, Senior, Nouble, IVY when surely Norris wants the ball in the box. Does Szmodics presence slow down the progression of the ball into the danger area? I watched the Bromley v Sutton game after Crawley and what struck me was the quantity and quality of crosses and balls into the box.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024