Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale today... 14:58 - Jan 12 with 1160 viewsgerry_us

Same old same old team announced. Hopefully they can pull themselves together but would have hoped to have seen "new blood" to re-invigorate the team. Obviously Mr McG knows better. Next couple of hours are fundamental to the rest of our season.

What do I know? Senior puts us 1 up. (but remember last week!)

And again. Harry Pell ...now 2 up. Lots of shots, hope it continues.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 15:20]
Port Vale today... on 15:23 - Jan 12 with 1142 viewswessex_exile

Remarkable!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Port Vale today... on 15:42 - Jan 12 with 1135 viewsMoor_Pinot

It's looking slightly better - fewer errors and Mandron unlucky again. Long way to go but fingers crossed that a corner is being turned......not half time yet mind!

Moor Pinot

Port Vale today... on 15:58 - Jan 12 with 1130 viewsgerry_us

So far so good. We MUST NOT go ultra-defensive as we are hopeless at it. More goals to be had as PV are in a bad run so we must make the most of it.

Possession has shifted in favour of PV. So have shots on goal. Are we parking the bus?

Ah, that's more comfortable. Harry Pell again, 3 up. Can we hang on now?

All over..3-0 to the U's. Wow..totally unexpected by me even though I forecast a 3-1 U's in the prediction league. Reverse psychology?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 16:56]
Port Vale today... on 17:02 - Jan 12 with 1095 viewsMoor_Pinot

Much better - tighter. Somebody must have had a few words.....is there another Guthrie around?
Interesting other results today, pity about Bury's 4th.

Moor Pinot

Port Vale today... on 17:23 - Jan 12 with 1079 viewsgerry_us

Some odd results helped us as well. Who would have predicted Mansfield result?
Port Vale today... on 17:57 - Jan 12 with 1063 viewsbwildered

Same old ....... If we had lost at MK and beat Stevenage days after or beat Notts County last week and got a away draw today, the majority would be happy .
Another false dawn or can we string a home win next week ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Port Vale today... on 18:31 - Jan 12 with 1054 viewspwrightsknees

Port Vale today... on 17:57 - Jan 12 by bwildered

Same old ....... If we had lost at MK and beat Stevenage days after or beat Notts County last week and got a away draw today, the majority would be happy .

A bit of a "half-empty" thought, there, BW, but, I agree, we need to string some good results together to maintain any sort of challenge for promotion.

One worrying feature is Pisswich's amazing result against the mighty Rotherham!!!
Port Vale today... on 18:44 - Jan 12 with 1050 viewsgerry_us

Port Vale today... on 17:57 - Jan 12 by bwildered

...which all goes to prove what fun it is being a U's supporter. Never a dull moment.
Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale today... on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 1009 viewsnoah4x4

Just back.....

Bit unlucky hitting cross bar.
Bit lucky with Senior's deflected goal.
Awesome strike from Pell for our second.
Bit lucky when Vale hit post
Very lucky when follow up hits Gilmartin's toe and saved.
Bit lucky when two Vale point blank efforts are blocked.
Bit lucky when Vale miss header when it was easier to score.
Bit lucky when Pells thunderbolt from outside the area is defected into top corner.
Just kidding, but worried that you couldn't handle too much positivity.
Great all round performance!
Port Vale today... on 10:10 - Jan 13 with 954 viewsGOSBTS

What a sensational victory. To go away from home and win 3-0 after the recent poor run is excellent. Bravo McGreal and co. Excited for next weekend now (not sure if I'm going though) - up the U's!
Port Vale today... on 11:20 - Jan 13 with 948 viewsMoor_Pinot

Indeed! Best effort since end September when our rather goal-shy run began. 6 in two games, another three against Mansfield would really build some hope. Stringing results together is the key as many teams are compacted at the top behind Lincoln.
Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Port Vale today... on 12:44 - Jan 13 with 934 viewsgerry_us

Careful guys. As Noah said; too much positivity is a dangerous thing when supporting U's. I would personally take a really ugly 1-0 win as Mansfield are a genuine contender as are we, so we need to slow them down.
Port Vale today... on 13:38 - Jan 13 with 920 viewsnoah4x4

Port Vale today... on 12:44 - Jan 13 by gerry_us

Careful guys. As Noah said; too much positivity is a dangerous thing when supporting U's. I would personally take a really ugly 1-0 win as Mansfield are a genuine contender as are we, so we need to slow them down.

Like the U's yesterday, Mansfield may be like a wounded big cat after their last few results and ready to bounce back should we show the slightest weakness. But since 1st December the 'Stags' have suffered the same punishing schedule as the U's plus played an EFL Second round plus face an additional fixture against Crawley this (forthcoming) Tuesday.

I hence suspect next Saturday might be THE best time to face them at the Jobserve Stadium. Their drop in form probably coincides with the schedule and their pain is being elongated by earlier postponements. Whilst we seem to be free of suspensions and injuries (Frankie Kent aside) and have a full week to recouperate. Let's hope Crawley give them a pasting or at lease run them ragged and add to their weariness.
Port Vale today... on 13:11 - Jan 14 with 861 viewsMadeira163

Having watched the highlights, who is the player in green that cost me 3-1 at 22/1 with the last second block !!!!!
Port Vale today... on 16:11 - Jan 14 with 839 viewsmfb_cufc

Port Vale today... on 13:11 - Jan 14 by Madeira163

Having watched the highlights, who is the player in green that cost me 3-1 at 22/1 with the last second block !!!!!

Tom Eastman.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024