Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robins to have wings clipped by the Super U's at Fortress Job Serve 21:06 - Feb 8 with 1410 viewsdurham_exile

Following their impressive 4-0 victory at Sixfields last weekend, JM will be encouraging his charges to go even better against the Robins, who after the postponement of their game last weekend against Cambridge saw Yeovil off on Tuesday evening with a narrow 1-0 victory. The Cobblers intriguingly also secured victory at Tranmere on Tuesday to upset the home form of the Birkenhead team by 2-1.

Cheltenham manager Michael Duff will be looking to improve his team’s league position with an unlikely win at Fortress Job Serve. JM by contrast is looking for back to back victories to improve the Super U’s league position and to break back into the top seven.

Now last week at Northampton I argued for JM to play all three new signings from the outset. In the event only Ben Stevenson started but both Abo Eisa and Callum Roberts made impressions from the bench.

This week for the home match, JM must look to start all three in an adventurous team. It is not just about the three points but enhancing the goal difference which could prove pivotal in the final analysis this season.

Lincoln 30 60 +24
Mansfield 31 58 +24
Bury 31 54 +22
FGR 30 51 +18
Carlisle 30 51 +13
MK Dons 30 50 +18
Exeter 30 50 +12
COL U 31 49 +14

As I suggested last week, it increasingly looks like any 7 from 8 for the Promotion and Play Off spots.

Our next four games are Cheltenham H, Macclesfield A, Carlisle H and Swindon A. All are certainly winnable. Consistency now is the key to closing the gap on the top three.

JM must decide what to do about his team selection for tomorrow’s key game. Mika Mandron has been training following his tight hamstring last weekend, whilst Courtney Senior has a sore ankle and should not be risked. The good news is that Luke Norris has also been back in training and could be on the bench on Saturday.

Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe has left on loan to Derry City until the end of June.

Rene Gilmartin looks to have the confidence from the manager over Dillon Barnes and the back four looks to be Jackson Kent Prosser and Vincent-Young.

Ben Stevenson and Harry Pell will be the midfield pairing with Abo Eisa (a quality investment as Jeff Stelling opines!) leaving Szmodics, Nouble and Callum Roberts up front.

I do hope that JM is brave and plays all three new signings from the start. It is all about playing the best XI if we are to make up ground on the other teams.

Gilmartin

Jackson Kent Prosser Vincent-Young

Pell Stevenson Eisa

Szmodics Nouble Roberts

Subs:

Barnes Wright Comley Eastman Dickenson Norris Mandron

Colchester weather is set to be a mild 10 degrees with partial cloud and sunny intervals. Certainly, milder than the cooler conditions in Durham which has seen almost monsoon conditions at times today.

Hopefully the faithful will be present in good number for what should be an entertaining game.

Enjoy the game and Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped by the Super U's at Fortress Job Serve on 11:21 - Feb 10 with 346 viewswessex_exile

I’ll say one thing - reckon 52pts now makes us safe from relegation :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Robins to have wings clipped by the Super U's at Fortress Job Serve on 13:22 - Feb 10 with 328 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped by the Super U's at Fortress Job Serve on 11:21 - Feb 10 by wessex_exile

I’ll say one thing - reckon 52pts now makes us safe from relegation :-)

Wessex absolutely classic.

Well and truly glass half full!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024