Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goalkeeping crisis 22:54 - Mar 4 with 755 viewsnoah4x4

Gilmarten had a shocking game on Saturday, but was not as poor as Dillon Barnes tonight for the under 23's in a 0 - 4 defeat by Barnsley.

Distribution poor; at fault for three goals. Not an option for Newport.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2019 23:06]
Goalkeeping crisis on 01:11 - Mar 5 with 735 viewswessex_exile

I can’t comment on Dillon’s performance tonight, but in the matches I’ve seen him in, he’s never filled me with absolute confidence. Clearly a good prospect for the future, but right now in the 1st team, maybe not. Despite us both being on hand to witness Saturday’s shocker, I actually don’t think we can risk dropping Gilmartin right now - just hope and pray he’ll learn from that and not do it again...

...and put some serious effort into his kicking/ distribution.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Goalkeeping crisis on 09:55 - Mar 5 with 709 viewsMoor_Pinot

Afraid I concur with you both on them both.
We are a team badly in need of a confident keeper as they inspire those ahead of them. Neither of our two distribute either well or appropriately and put our rather dithery back 3-4 under far too much pressure. They are both somewhat un-dynamic - bit like the management at times. I would keep Gilmartin for Newport but the entire squad need telling precisiely what's required behind a firmly closed door at the moment. It all looks just a little bit too much like "we're off to play footie this afternoon, wonder how we'll fare today. Mind you, doesn't matter there's always the next game" . Swindon on Saturday annoyed the hell out of me as it was unnecessary, although the Carlisle performance hinted at what was ahead.

Moor Pinot

Goalkeeping crisis on 12:50 - Mar 5 with 699 viewsgerry_us

As I stated on another post the GK coach has obviously failed in his role so should be dismissed, not made first choice keeper.
Goalkeeping crisis on 13:14 - Mar 5 with 694 viewsLeadbelly

Goalkeeping crisis on 12:50 - Mar 5 by gerry_us

As I stated on another post the GK coach has obviously failed in his role so should be dismissed, not made first choice keeper.

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach.

Apologies to any teachers in the house.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024