Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. 15:20 - Mar 7 with 1903 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Personally, I expect BBM and TE to get the job perminantly if there is an upturn in results and general atmosphere around the players, club and fans, even if we ultimately go down (fighting). With this in mind we will be 2 coaches down effectively, so was just thinking who would fit those roles.

Obviously TE is a lower league legend striker and BBM is more defensive in his playing career. I wonder if the addition of Gary Jones as a coach and Joe T as maybe a coach/ambassador would help with getting unity back at the club, assuming of course they are interested.

Both are legends here, albeit in different ways, and getting that backroom mentality back would benefit everyone. I can’t really think of any other recent players who could add that potential impact, whilst knowing the club inside out. Flicker could but would not take that role, Keith Keane maybe, Michael rose maybe. But to me Jonah and JT could be ideal.

I am only expressing this as a thought/opinion and don’t know anything, but I would see this as a good move, if possible.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 15:37 - Mar 7 with 1827 viewsboromat

Don't think Joey T has shown any interest in coaching. My money would be on McNulty stepping up to coaching.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 16:02 - Mar 7 with 1736 viewsSaxonDale

Think we would all agree that Hilly got enough write over the last 2 spells for us to ensure there is as much continuity as possible. Sometimes managers can be sacked and a complete reset of the backroom staff/ culture of the club is needed to be shifted, I don't think this is the case now, so if at all possible I would like an internal appointment.
If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 17:09 - Mar 7 with 1591 viewsWizard

What about Hendo, do you think he would fancy it!

Poll: Player of the season 18/19

If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 17:32 - Mar 7 with 1530 viewsmacro

When Hill took over as caretaker no one expected him to get the job. the next two games will make the decision easier for the board.
If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 00:49 - Mar 8 with 1230 viewsoddjob007

Really difficult to say. Hill and Flitcroft did it with no experienced help. As expressed in a different thread my only issue would be a different voice on the training pitch.
If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 01:01 - Mar 8 with 1227 viewskiwidale

In response to the OP there is lots to agree with there. If we want to establish a Rochdale culture which I agree is a good thing we need those that Thacks has mentioned they are all club legends to a degree it not only ensures continuity you cant build a Rochdale way and lose that kind of experience and knowledge of the club. Promoting from within is essential for this to flourish and it wouldn't be silly to make the head coach role never more than three years unless an offer to better themselves come's along, players and coaches should be encouraged to achieve at the highest level and take our goodwill with them.

I'm over managers like Hill who cant be challenged, too often a manager will fail because he appoints his own assistant and cant allow himself to be challenged. A head coach amongst equals would in my opinion work if, and it's a big if, if all coaches know they will be listened to while at the same time be supportive to the group. The head coach should always have the right to overrule but he does not need lip service or nodding heads, allowing robustness in coaches meetings with freedom to voice a different opinion.... but what do I know? I'm sure the leader of the cretins will disagree his way is always right but feel free to disagree, its just my opinion just one amongst many.
A final thought if BBM and Ellis and any other coaches at Rochdale agreed with Hills selections and formations they should have bee sent packing with Hill and Beech.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2019 4:28]

This is not the time for bickering.

If BBM and TE get the job - coaching staff. on 08:27 - Mar 8 with 1053 viewsJimmyRustler

I'd get David Perkins in...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024