Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Bar and Sky 21:07 - Mar 8 with 1418 viewsGOSBTS

Very excited for tomorrow’s game as it’s my first since Morecambe at the end of December! Does anyone know when the supporters bar opens tomorrow and if it usually shows the lunchtime game on Sky?
Supporters Bar and Sky on 22:46 - Mar 8 with 1399 viewsnoah4x4

Yes, shows the lunchtime game on Sky, often on a giant outdoor screen, open in time for kick off. But very few people there until later other than a coach load of away supporters.

The only drinks on sale are bottled overly chilled Green King IPA, Lager and Thatchers Cider. All ghastly. The club won't listen to requests for more drinkable fare. We accept that cask 'real ale' isn't viable when the bar is only open every 14 days. But surely a much better range of bottled beers is possible?
Supporters Bar and Sky on 09:54 - Mar 9 with 1369 viewsGOSBTS

Supporters Bar and Sky on 22:46 - Mar 8 by noah4x4

Yes, shows the lunchtime game on Sky, often on a giant outdoor screen, open in time for kick off. But very few people there until later other than a coach load of away supporters.

The only drinks on sale are bottled overly chilled Green King IPA, Lager and Thatchers Cider. All ghastly. The club won't listen to requests for more drinkable fare. We accept that cask 'real ale' isn't viable when the bar is only open every 14 days. But surely a much better range of bottled beers is possible?

Brilliant, thank you!

At the Amex there are mini Harvey’s pop-up bars in the concourses that sell some of their different ales in addition to the beers on offer at the main bar. Maybe something like this would be good by Greene King/another local brewery? The 14 day challenge is one faced by every club up and down the country of course so not sure how strong that argument is by the club. I imagine lower attendances decreases their motivation to change anything though.
Supporters Bar and Sky on 14:03 - Mar 9 with 1354 viewsMoor_Pinot

Why not those half size mini casks from micros Noah? They'd sell that. I used to get that for places on Alderney with ease when there was no potential for long term sales. Always sold it, always empty. Many brewers do it as I am sure you know. It's just the uninitiated are the decision makers.....sad really, all these tricks we miss.

Moor Pinot

Supporters Bar and Sky on 15:26 - Mar 9 with 1348 viewswessex_exile

Supporters Bar and Sky on 09:54 - Mar 9 by GOSBTS

Brilliant, thank you!

At the Amex there are mini Harvey’s pop-up bars in the concourses that sell some of their different ales in addition to the beers on offer at the main bar. Maybe something like this would be good by Greene King/another local brewery? The 14 day challenge is one faced by every club up and down the country of course so not sure how strong that argument is by the club. I imagine lower attendances decreases their motivation to change anything though.

Congrats on the result earlier as well GOSBTS

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Supporters Bar and Sky on 19:24 - Mar 9 with 1318 viewsGOSBTS

Supporters Bar and Sky on 15:26 - Mar 9 by wessex_exile

Congrats on the result earlier as well GOSBTS

Thank you Wessex! What an absolutely smashing day of football, watching Knockaert score a peach of a winner to do the double over Palace for the first time in 35 years, and then witnessing a fantastic 3-0 victory for the U's! Back home and celebrating with a cheeky Adnams.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2019 19:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024