Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was justice done ? 13:34 - Mar 11 with 729 viewsbwildered

After being attacked on the pitch at the weekend by a member of the public, Villa player Grealish later scores the winner, perhaps some justice was done on that score on the pitch, but what punishment off it ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Was justice done ? on 14:27 - Mar 11 with 722 viewswessex_exile

Grealish scoring a goal was a fortuitous coincidence to be honest, and can't be measured in the balance of this incident and justice. Has to be a lifetime ban for the Birmingham City supporter, and most probably a criminal prosecution for assault (though I'd be surprised if that included jail time). I think Birmingham City might be concerned too, if the FA decide to charge them with failure to control their supporters, though I doubt they'll lose too much sleep over the inevitable meaningless fine if the FA does go down that route.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Was justice done ? on 15:32 - Mar 11 with 714 viewsgerry_us

Just wondering what the consequences would have been if Grealish or any other player had sought to "clock him one". Sad fact is under the laws of the game they would have been sent off ..... for performing a public duty?
Actually surprised that Smalling didn't retaliate yesterday.

And while I'm grumbling what right did the referee have to overturn a perfectly good offside decision by the his assistant in the Man. City game? I'm dreading VAR but in this case justice would have been done.
Was justice done ? on 18:05 - Mar 11 with 690 viewswessex_exile

Was justice done ? on 14:27 - Mar 11 by wessex_exile

Grealish scoring a goal was a fortuitous coincidence to be honest, and can't be measured in the balance of this incident and justice. Has to be a lifetime ban for the Birmingham City supporter, and most probably a criminal prosecution for assault (though I'd be surprised if that included jail time). I think Birmingham City might be concerned too, if the FA decide to charge them with failure to control their supporters, though I doubt they'll lose too much sleep over the inevitable meaningless fine if the FA does go down that route.

Well, just shows what I know. Paul Mitchell (the offender) has been given a 10 year ban from all football matches in the UK, fined £350, £100 of which is compensation for Jack Grealish for his "pain, discomfort and shock", and jailed for 14 weeks.

Up the U's

Was justice done ? on 20:53 - Mar 11 with 658 viewsLeadbelly

The past week has seen fans on the pitch attacking players in Scotland and England. What on earth possesses these idiots? They must realise a life ban is guaranteed for them and some sanction for their club as well. Incomprehensible.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Was justice done ? on 07:10 - Mar 12 with 641 viewsnoah4x4

We had a fan ejected at Northampton for encroaching on the pitch. Also surprised Tom Eastman wasn't booked when he entered the crowd to fetch the ball after the idiot Swindon fans refused to return it. Sadly, fan misbehaviour is creeping back into football. Good to hear the Grealish thug was jailed. I wonder if he was targeted because of his "Peaky Blinders" haircut?
Was justice done ? on 22:25 - Mar 12 with 588 viewswessex_exile

Was justice done ? on 07:10 - Mar 12 by noah4x4

We had a fan ejected at Northampton for encroaching on the pitch. Also surprised Tom Eastman wasn't booked when he entered the crowd to fetch the ball after the idiot Swindon fans refused to return it. Sadly, fan misbehaviour is creeping back into football. Good to hear the Grealish thug was jailed. I wonder if he was targeted because of his "Peaky Blinders" haircut?

...and we had two young idiots on the pitch tonight.

Up the U's

Was justice done ? on 13:34 - Mar 13 with 554 viewsLeadbelly

Was justice done ? on 22:25 - Mar 12 by wessex_exile

...and we had two young idiots on the pitch tonight.

Idiots indeed but rather than a ban offer them the opportunity to attend the next home game, stand in the centre circle before kick off, explain to the rest of the Col U fans why they did what they did and apologise if they feel appropriate. Failure to apologise results in a life time ban.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Was justice done ? on 13:36 - Mar 13 with 552 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yep!

Thereby taking responsibility - oh, the forgotten human art over the last 20 years.

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Was justice done ? on 21:41 - Mar 14 with 496 viewswessex_exile

Was justice done ? on 13:36 - Mar 13 by Moor_Pinot

Yep!

Thereby taking responsibility - oh, the forgotten human art over the last 20 years.

30 years ago a copper would have taken them around the back of the stand and cuffed their silly scrote ears - think that's probably frowned upon these days...

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024