Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FG thread ... Is it me... 18:51 - Mar 12 with 1921 viewsgerry_us

...but has our defence tightened up since McG decided to return Eastman to his rightful place in the centre of defence? Hopefully we will find his name on the teamsheet this evening but nothing is ever certain with our method of team selection.

Eastman in the team...good omen.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2019 19:42]
FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:40 - Mar 12 with 779 viewsMadeira163

£10 well spent on i follow NOT !!!!!!!
FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:40 - Mar 12 with 778 viewsdurham_exile

FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:30 - Mar 12 by wessex_exile

Sharing your pain chap, sharing your pain.

If you're leaving 06:30 tomorrow, how are you travelling - stage coach? :-)

Saturday I am unfortunately missing, as it coincides with my mates from Chesterfield (you've met them) coming down for a birthday lash-up, so I'll be at Havant & Waterlooville for their match. Safe journey, please bring back the points!

When we first travelled to Cornwall from Victoria Coach station over 50 years ago the journey of 247 miles took 12 hours.

Anyway I will be at St James's Park with my eldest son on Saturday for the third year running let us hope that we can secure a victory after the dross served up tonight.

Oh well it is the curse of supporting the U's
Safe journey however everyone is travelling
Up the U's

Durham_exile

FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:43 - Mar 12 with 774 viewswessex_exile

FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:40 - Mar 12 by Madeira163

£10 well spent on i follow NOT !!!!!!!

I wish I could claim the shite service affected the result, with no sound at all for 15 minutes, and no commentary until the second half, but sadly not - think I'll ask for my money back nevertheless.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:49 - Mar 12 with 771 viewsGOSBTS

Saving grace is that results around us were favourable with MK and Carlisle both experiencing similar surprise defeats.
FG thread ... Is it me... on 23:14 - Mar 12 with 758 viewsgerry_us

FG thread ... Is it me... on 22:49 - Mar 12 by GOSBTS

Saving grace is that results around us were favourable with MK and Carlisle both experiencing similar surprise defeats.

That's what being a U's supporter is all about...being thankful for small mercies.
FG thread ... Is it me... on 10:42 - Mar 13 with 706 viewsMoor_Pinot

It's all been written & said.

Cooper will have done his homework on the U's.
We will have done none on FGR. We play the same against everyone so cannot adapt.
Nouble's red card is long over due - perhaps a blessing. I don't know.

Our managed inconsistency will remain our problem for the forseeable future until a paradigm is changed.

Durham............I cannot comprehend signing Roberts and sitting him down to watch each week. A premiership centre forward when our centre forward is only 60% of what he was before his injury and our other one is playing in Eire.
Utterly baffling. Summat's just not right.
We could easily finish outside the top 7........easily.......And with our best looking squad for some time.

We rarely get a thing at St. James' Park so having not played last evening I am sure Exeter will be well up for moving us out of the top 7.

Very dis spirited.

Moor Pinot

FG thread ... Is it me... on 18:43 - Mar 13 with 649 viewsmfb_cufc

"We play the same against everyone so cannot adapt."

Exactly right Pinault. It doesn't matter what formation we use we always play the same way. This makes it easy for the opposition to stop us. I am not a fan of McGreal, but he got his team selection spot on against Newport, to then try to do the same thing against a totally different side in Forest Green was a big mistake. For me that performance last night was as bad as anything in the last 10 years. We wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now, and the defending was diabolical, to concede three goals against a team who offered very little going forward.

mfb

FG thread ... Is it me... on 09:48 - Mar 14 with 569 viewsMoor_Pinot

I am afraid that this is the way with us mfb.

A one-way management = a one way methodology and as you rightly say that won't work against all oppositions.
I have questioned before how well we do homework on opposition teams and conclude that we do very little that is intelligible to our players.
The team selection was spot on v Newport but not against a side like FGR who played us like Stevenage, Morecombe, Exeter, Swindon & even Notts County...........so we should have learnt.
Indeed early season, when unbeaten, exactly the same thing happened when Northampton did a job on us.
This management inability to be proactive & reactive [which also results in odd and often poor substitutions] is also the reason for three years of inconsistency I am sure.

In other words he occasionally gets it right and with the players we have at the moment we will then be dominant as v Newport & Cheltenham & Northampton away. Inexperienced managers operate that way but ours has been around long enough now to have learned more than he seemingly has.

The sadness for me of it all is that this squad is the best and most able and mobile that we have had for 6 or 7 years - versatile too. Yet they are being wasted.
In consequence there exists the real probability that we will finish outside the top 7 [it's hard for me to see us getting more than 16 points from the remaining games] .
This will see a probable exodus of Szmodics, KVY, Senior, Mandron, Jackson and maybe Kent to lg 1 sides. This may all fit with Mr Cowling's vision but I hope not.

Every week I hope for signs of better comprehension and preparation in our team - as well as the selection made - so I'll keep hoping and being positive.
We are due a point or two at Exeter!!

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

FG thread ... Is it me... on 17:53 - Mar 14 with 535 viewsLeadbelly

FG thread ... Is it me... on 09:48 - Mar 14 by Moor_Pinot

I am afraid that this is the way with us mfb.

A one-way management = a one way methodology and as you rightly say that won't work against all oppositions.
I have questioned before how well we do homework on opposition teams and conclude that we do very little that is intelligible to our players.
The team selection was spot on v Newport but not against a side like FGR who played us like Stevenage, Morecombe, Exeter, Swindon & even Notts County...........so we should have learnt.
Indeed early season, when unbeaten, exactly the same thing happened when Northampton did a job on us.
This management inability to be proactive & reactive [which also results in odd and often poor substitutions] is also the reason for three years of inconsistency I am sure.

In other words he occasionally gets it right and with the players we have at the moment we will then be dominant as v Newport & Cheltenham & Northampton away. Inexperienced managers operate that way but ours has been around long enough now to have learned more than he seemingly has.

The sadness for me of it all is that this squad is the best and most able and mobile that we have had for 6 or 7 years - versatile too. Yet they are being wasted.
In consequence there exists the real probability that we will finish outside the top 7 [it's hard for me to see us getting more than 16 points from the remaining games] .
This will see a probable exodus of Szmodics, KVY, Senior, Mandron, Jackson and maybe Kent to lg 1 sides. This may all fit with Mr Cowling's vision but I hope not.

Every week I hope for signs of better comprehension and preparation in our team - as well as the selection made - so I'll keep hoping and being positive.
We are due a point or two at Exeter!!

My Ipswich spy tells me Szmodics and Kent are on the radar and Senior has attracted some attention from fans (as has Nouble!) They may still have interest in KVY as well. How much for a job lot?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

FG thread ... Is it me... on 19:57 - Mar 14 with 531 viewsmfb_cufc

FG thread ... Is it me... on 17:53 - Mar 14 by Leadbelly

My Ipswich spy tells me Szmodics and Kent are on the radar and Senior has attracted some attention from fans (as has Nouble!) They may still have interest in KVY as well. How much for a job lot?

They can also have McGreal when Lambert leaves at the end of the season.

mfb

FG thread ... Is it me... on 13:13 - Mar 15 with 498 viewsdurham_exile

FG thread ... Is it me... on 10:42 - Mar 13 by Moor_Pinot

It's all been written & said.

Cooper will have done his homework on the U's.
We will have done none on FGR. We play the same against everyone so cannot adapt.
Nouble's red card is long over due - perhaps a blessing. I don't know.

Our managed inconsistency will remain our problem for the forseeable future until a paradigm is changed.

Durham............I cannot comprehend signing Roberts and sitting him down to watch each week. A premiership centre forward when our centre forward is only 60% of what he was before his injury and our other one is playing in Eire.
Utterly baffling. Summat's just not right.
We could easily finish outside the top 7........easily.......And with our best looking squad for some time.

We rarely get a thing at St. James' Park so having not played last evening I am sure Exeter will be well up for moving us out of the top 7.

Very dis spirited.

Pinault grim reading indeed.
I think I have shed light on the Roberts fiasco after reading the Newcastle site update. The Grecians preview refers.
We also claim he has a knock. Suspect not but it sounds like an attempt to justify another wasted loanee.

To lose almost all of our midfield players to injury is simply shocking at such a vital time.

I travel the 70 miles to Exeter in hope rather than expectation but would dearly love to capture the three points at a ground where slim pickings are normally the order of the day.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024