Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilbraham 17:04 - Mar 23 with 8271 viewsSaxonDale

Come in for a lot of stick this season, particularly from me but that was as good a centre forward display as we’ve seen since being back in L1. Immense.
Wilbraham on 17:14 - Mar 23 with 6787 viewskiwidale

That's praise indeed Saxon.

This is not the time for bickering.

Wilbraham on 17:30 - Mar 23 with 6675 viewsdeeplishblue

I said the same. Best CF display since COG.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Wilbraham on 17:30 - Mar 23 with 6672 viewsjudd

He had an outstanding game. I was dreading it when i saw the team sheet. Happy to eat my words. Well done, Alby.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 20:46]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wilbraham on 17:35 - Mar 23 with 6616 viewsD_Alien

When he rose to nod home our third and match-clincher, it was like a weight was lifted off our entire season. Great to see the reception he deservedly got when taken off, after giving his all and with a huge smile on his face during most of the game. He looked like he really enjoyed the physical tussle which by and large he won

Can there be any more vivid example of how KH's once fruitful man management skills had withered on the vine, than to see BBM getting this performance out of him?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wilbraham on 17:56 - Mar 23 with 6497 viewskiwidale

Wilbraham on 17:35 - Mar 23 by D_Alien

When he rose to nod home our third and match-clincher, it was like a weight was lifted off our entire season. Great to see the reception he deservedly got when taken off, after giving his all and with a huge smile on his face during most of the game. He looked like he really enjoyed the physical tussle which by and large he won

Can there be any more vivid example of how KH's once fruitful man management skills had withered on the vine, than to see BBM getting this performance out of him?

Your last sentence is spot on.

edit to add
Hill could not handle seasoned pros like Alby and Perkins he was a bully only wanting those who would not question his methods great for fixing broken toys and with young players.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 18:00]

Wilbraham on 17:58 - Mar 23 with 6480 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wilbraham on 17:35 - Mar 23 by D_Alien

Was thinking exactly the same re your last paragraph D.A.

Whilst KH in his prime was an exceptional manager results wise, and that often a new manager will get results in a dead cat bounce sort of way, it does make me wonder if KH and CB have been holding us back the last 2 seasons.

He signed 3 premium wage players and did not utilised them at their best. Perkins hardly used and gone, probably still costing us wages, Done used in the wrong position generally and Alby barely used all season. Yet since he left Wilbraham and Done have played very well and points are the result.

BBM and TE come across as a huge breath of fresh air, and I would say all the players have a clean slate, that our current management team have installed a new vigour, that KH and his attitude was dragging the players down, that maybe BBM and TE were being ignored as KH knew best, Keith having his favourites and maybe he lost the love of the game and enthusiasm. As I have said before I worried for Keith’s own mental health at times watching his interviews.

Obviously 1 swallow does not make a summer, but even exiled, I have started to care more since BBM came in. If he does keep us up, or get close, I hope he gets the job full time.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Wilbraham on 18:12 - Mar 23 with 6372 viewsDale92

Do we believe that the passing of Hills dad played out any affect on us? It sort of correlates with results. We all know how close he was to Keith. Maybe just maybe this played a part in the end.

But a note on Alby, as exiles me and my dad saw that and honestly thought wtf. But fair play to him, the team and the manager today was a great result. I'm sure I heard on the radio that this is 21st year Alby has scored in, in a row, if so congratulations to that man, a top effort in a brutal game.

This is the One, I've waited for

Wilbraham on 18:33 - Mar 23 with 6240 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wilbraham on 18:12 - Mar 23 by Dale92

Do we believe that the passing of Hills dad played out any affect on us? It sort of correlates with results. We all know how close he was to Keith. Maybe just maybe this played a part in the end.

But a note on Alby, as exiles me and my dad saw that and honestly thought wtf. But fair play to him, the team and the manager today was a great result. I'm sure I heard on the radio that this is 21st year Alby has scored in, in a row, if so congratulations to that man, a top effort in a brutal game.

If I recall correctly, Keith’s father was ill or similar, and Keith remained here to manage a game rather than go to America, I may have this totally wrong and if so I apologise, but it may well have coincided with Keith losing his level of interest, or possibly having a different perspective on life, which I can understand.

He may well also resent what he perceives as a huge sacrifice (I agree if above true) when he then gets shouted at my fans and criticism, and in his eyes not getting the respect he deserves. If true he has a point but it was after all his choice.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Wilbraham on 19:49 - Mar 23 with 6030 viewsShun

Wilbraham on 18:12 - Mar 23 by Dale92

SSN said Wilbraham made history today - he’s the oldest player to ever score 2 goals in a game at League One level. The previous oldest was... Steve Claridge!
Wilbraham on 20:24 - Mar 23 with 5886 viewsYouTubeDale

All eyes were on Alby from the start. At half time I couldn’t stop talking about him, he was soooo good. I was at Burton on the first game of the season and I was so excited by his play and described him as an Andrew Plus Plus. Today he replicated that performance with a cherry on top. His little, and big, touches were to die for. He was poetry in motion. It is like signing a new player. It seems as though he has done a “Pogba” with Keith Hill gone he has decided to play. If he continues that level of performance to the end of the season, and with the spirit shown today by the rest of the team, then staying in this League will be a walk in the park.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Wilbraham on 20:33 - Mar 23 with 5840 viewsblackdogblue

Wilbraham on 17:30 - Mar 23 by judd

He had an outstanding game. I was dreading it when i saw the team sheet. Happy to eat my words. Well done, Alby.

Totally agree mate, wish his tombola ball would have cone out earlier, felt today he had a cracking game & should have had more decisions from the ref..

Saying that, was proud to be part of the standing ovation in the main stand when he came off 👏

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Wilbraham on 20:43 - Mar 23 with 5776 views49thseason

Its that point in the season when players who are out of contract in July start to look the part and impress the manager.... Alby did better than OK today, can he do another season? Does he want to? How many more playing today are looking to impress ahead of close season discussions? Done. Rathbone, Khosi, McNiulty?
Wilbraham on 21:33 - Mar 23 with 5585 viewsMolly

Wilbraham on 17:30 - Mar 23 by judd

Absolutely spot on. Thinking back 2 or 3 months ago I wonder what odds you would have got on him receiving a standing ovation at some point later in the season.
Wilbraham on 22:37 - Mar 23 with 5419 viewsToffeemanc

Fantastic performance today from Wilbraham.
Easily his best game in a Dale shirt and very similar to his performance in the opening 45 minutes of the season away at Burton. He led the line superbly today and having somebody who knows how to get into the right place in the box for the incoming crosses could make all the difference in the run-in. I have been critical of him this season and under Hill I was happy to never see him in a Dale shirt again. Looking at the team sheet today I feared the worst but am happy to admit he proved me very wrong. I just hope he can keep up that level of performance for the remainder of the run-in and we may still avoid the drop.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Wilbraham on 06:20 - Mar 24 with 5115 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

I`d like to give a special mention to Ryan McLaughlin.

His crossing ability is the best I`ve seen by anyone for a very long time and was made to look simple for the third goal, but it was far from that. He has the ability to hit a cross on the run before he has really beaten the defender, he crosses it slightly before he is in stride which takes the defender out as he cannot block it because he is not in stride quick enough. Alby should actually have been in exactly the same position a few minutes before our third goal and would have scored an identical goal. If he had been he would be celebrated as the oldest player to score a hat-trick perhaps in any division.

Lonergan was once again in splendid form. Apart from Bunney`s mistake which was made to look even worse by McNulty treading treacle to recover the ball, he put some good crosses in, although he needs to be much more consistent. Kosi was all action again and took his goal well, but McNulty played as though his greying hair had taken out all his energy and once again fannied about with the ball too much. Ebanks-Landell was once again a rock. Camps was frustratingly inconsistent but when he lost the ball he tried his damnedest to recover it which was good to see. Rathbone put in some crucial blocks and won the ball often to set up counter attacks. Done played ok and seems much more comfortable in his correct position. Unfortunately I thought Henderson was awful and was never in the game until we got 3-1 up, his head seemed to be elsewhere.

All in all it was a fighting performance that belied our league position and I haven`t felt so good (mentally) after a game for a very long time.
Wilbraham on 07:51 - Mar 24 with 5021 viewsfrenzied

Wilbraham on 21:33 - Mar 23 by Molly

Absolutely spot on. Thinking back 2 or 3 months ago I wonder what odds you would have got on him receiving a standing ovation at some point later in the season.

interesting in BBMS interview after the game..he does correct himself but at one point he appears to say Wilbraham" hasn't been given the chance" to play.

For me BBM does not come across as someone wanting the job on a longer term basis..if we could play as quickly as he talks we would be worldbeaters!!!

If Dale do bring in someone else I hope BBM has a role still within the club.
Wilbraham on 08:12 - Mar 24 with 4975 viewsDaleiLama

Will start my plaudits with a confession. I was in Ashton when I heard the team news and was closer to home than Spotland ….…. nearly turned round when I heard Alby was starting as I thought it was one last desperate roll of the dice which had been loaded against us all season, but that at least at the end of the 90 I would know we were down and could readjust mentally to L2 next season.

Never has humble pie tasted so good and I'm so glad I didn't turn the car around. Whilst I've got a taste for humble pie, I, may as well finish it crumbs and all. I was an advocate for KH staying. My reasoning was that he would have chance to perform rebuild number 3 after being forced to dismantle the side that performed so well in L1 for 4 seasons and even if we were in L2 I thought he should be judged on results to Christmas 19. Wrong again it would appear.

7 points from 9 and that second half was as good as I have seen all season if not the best performance. Not read the match thread yet and probably won't until tomorrow, but what a wonderful team performance. A case could have been made for at least a handful of motm awards and I thought JB was close to being back at his best and worthy of special mention, but Alby deserved his motm award and I agree with everything on this thread praising his performance. My criticism of him was always that he was pushed around too much for a big fella. Not yesterday. That performance was why KH brought him to the club and I'm sure as he was sat at home the irony of his best performance in a Dale shirt only coming after he had been sacked was not wasted on him. He earned every penny of whatever he is earning yesterday, as did the rest of the team.

That was like watching the Dale in their L1 promotion chasing pomp yesterday from the latter stages of the first half and during most of the second. Team performance, everyone contributing and some tired, tired legs at the end. Bravo to everyone of them and my favourite game of this year bar none. If we keep playing like that we won't go down. Not sure we can or will, but I have more hope now than at any other time of the season. Really looking forward to Sunderland now, especially if we can at least bag a point away on Saturday.

(stay) Up the Dale

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Wilbraham on 09:46 - Mar 24 with 4792 viewsSuddenLad

Having said before kick-off, albeit slightly tongue in cheek, that Alby would bag a hat-trick, I was sorry to see him subbed. That said, it's a long time since he played 90 minutes league 1 football, so he did exceptionally well to last for 70 or so minutes. And how he lasted !

It was an enjoyable game (after the first 10 minutes) and the players came out of that game with with great credit. The desire and ability is still there. The passion and spirit is still there. We have the momentum going into the next batch of games, whilst others, Scunny included, seem to be falling apart.

Seeing their players having a go at McGahey after Kgosi's goal wasn't the sign of a unified team. They look to be in crisis as a unit.

Time will tell, but the future looks suddenly much brighter.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wilbraham on 11:55 - Mar 24 with 4626 viewselectricblue

Wilbraham on 20:43 - Mar 23 by 49thseason

Its that point in the season when players who are out of contract in July start to look the part and impress the manager.... Alby did better than OK today, can he do another season? Does he want to? How many more playing today are looking to impress ahead of close season discussions? Done. Rathbone, Khosi, McNiulty?

Would Alby want to stay at the club next season after they way he was treated earlier in the season!!
Also is he willing accept a substantial pay cut aswell!!

Rathbone and Khosi should be made priority signings out of those 4.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wilbraham on 12:25 - Mar 24 with 4554 viewsrochdale_ranger

Yesterday was taster of what he can do. Also nice to have a post match interview from a gaffer which is totally honest and not full of spin and vague metaphors. BBM oozes integrity.

Wilbraham on 16:15 - Mar 24 with 4296 viewsdiver

40 inOctober!! 11 clubs since he started scored for everyone of them!! hope we can get another season out of him !,
Wilbraham on 06:07 - Mar 25 with 3964 viewsrichfoad32

Wilbraham on 16:15 - Mar 24 by diver

40 inOctober!! 11 clubs since he started scored for everyone of them!! hope we can get another season out of him !,

Blimey, Alby has had a season where he's been roundly pilloried by most on here (including me) for some pretty abysmal displays and after one good game it's all forgotten and we want him to stay on? Be great if he's got his football mojo back but I'd proceed with caution.
Wilbraham on 12:49 - Mar 25 with 3648 viewssweetcorn

Wilbraham on 16:15 - Mar 24 by diver

KNEE-JERK ALERT.

He's had one good game, lets see if he can keep it up before thinking about next season.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Wilbraham on 18:14 - Mar 25 with 3412 viewsdavidab2202

Wilbraham on 12:49 - Mar 25 by sweetcorn

KNEE-JERK ALERT.

He's had one good game, lets see if he can keep it up before thinking about next season.

Absolutely,I personally think it may be a season too far but if he continues in a similar vein then perhaps it may be a consideration.
Interesting aside is that perhaps that KH didn't hit it off with either Wilbraham or Perkins as they are both seasoned professionals who were not prepared for the type of treatment allegedly being dished out,
Perhaps further evidence that there is still life in two "old dogs" is the report in today's press saying that Perkins had an assist and a goal in Tranmere's win on Saturday and he was the best player on the pitch
Wilbraham on 18:47 - Mar 25 with 3363 viewskiwidale

Wilbraham on 18:14 - Mar 25 by davidab2202

Absolutely,I personally think it may be a season too far but if he continues in a similar vein then perhaps it may be a consideration.
Interesting aside is that perhaps that KH didn't hit it off with either Wilbraham or Perkins as they are both seasoned professionals who were not prepared for the type of treatment allegedly being dished out,
Perhaps further evidence that there is still life in two "old dogs" is the report in today's press saying that Perkins had an assist and a goal in Tranmere's win on Saturday and he was the best player on the pitch

I have alluded to what you say about seasoned pros not taking to Hills management style I wish we still had Perkins here now his experience would be invaluable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024