Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Jim handball 08:56 - Apr 10 with 5017 viewsColDale

looks handball to me, though it bobbled up.
Big Jim handball on 08:59 - Apr 10 with 4998 viewsSandyDrum

Said it was a handball last night, looks clear as day from that angle.

Ref was very poor all game, looked completely out of his depth

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Big Jim handball on 09:12 - Apr 10 with 4924 viewsoff2div1

Usually bad refs go against us.Thought Saturdays was poor.
Big Jim handball on 09:28 - Apr 10 with 4856 viewsKenBoon

Good. Hopefully Coleman has seen it back lots.
Big Jim handball on 09:47 - Apr 10 with 4778 viewsnordenblue

Just another shit decision in a full 90mins of them, he spent the rest of the game trying to even it up and gave them practically everything possible.
Big Jim handball on 10:40 - Apr 10 with 4607 viewssteofthedale

"Handball decisions" remain something of a lottery with many unintentional "ball to hand" contacts being deemed a direct free kick (or penalty if in the area).

Currently, it should only be an offence if deemed deliberate, but many interpret "gaining an advantage" or a hand/arm being in an "unnatural" position as grounds to award such a free kick/penalty.

In my opinion the majority of handballs given are nevertheless unintentional.

One solution would be to see any contact with hand or arm as an infringement regardless of intent. (similar to contact of the ball with a foot in hockey).

However I would prefer allowing the award of an indirect free kick for "accidental handball" with a direct free kick (or penalty if in the goal area) for a deliberate infringement.

(PS I would also suggest that instead of allowing goal kicks to be retaken when the ball is played without leaving the area, the attacking side should instead be awarded an indirect free kick. Those that seek to play it out from the back at a restart should not be let off when they misjudge the pressure applied by the opposition forwards.)

steofthedale*

Big Jim handball on 10:48 - Apr 10 with 4567 viewsTVOS1907

Big Jim handball on 10:40 - Apr 10 by steofthedale

"Handball decisions" remain something of a lottery with many unintentional "ball to hand" contacts being deemed a direct free kick (or penalty if in the area).

Currently, it should only be an offence if deemed deliberate, but many interpret "gaining an advantage" or a hand/arm being in an "unnatural" position as grounds to award such a free kick/penalty.

In my opinion the majority of handballs given are nevertheless unintentional.

One solution would be to see any contact with hand or arm as an infringement regardless of intent. (similar to contact of the ball with a foot in hockey).

However I would prefer allowing the award of an indirect free kick for "accidental handball" with a direct free kick (or penalty if in the goal area) for a deliberate infringement.

(PS I would also suggest that instead of allowing goal kicks to be retaken when the ball is played without leaving the area, the attacking side should instead be awarded an indirect free kick. Those that seek to play it out from the back at a restart should not be let off when they misjudge the pressure applied by the opposition forwards.)

From next season, goal-kicks don’t need to leave the area before being played by another player.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Big Jim handball on 10:59 - Apr 10 with 4521 viewsNorthernDale

I thought it bounced up and hit is hand, but we have all seen them been given by referees in the past and we have such decisions favour the opposition over the season.
Big Jim handball on 13:52 - Apr 10 with 4167 viewsBrierls

Definitely handball.

It couldn't have gone against a nicer manager.
Login to get fewer ads

Big Jim handball on 13:58 - Apr 10 with 4151 viewsdawlishdale

About as clear a handball as you'll ever see. Crikey !!!
Big Jim handball on 15:48 - Apr 10 with 3987 viewsrich_dale

He might have deemed it accidental which it sort of was - no way Jim could have anticipated the unexpected bounce
Big Jim handball on 15:51 - Apr 10 with 3981 viewsDaleiLama

Big Jim handball on 09:47 - Apr 10 by nordenblue

Just another shit decision in a full 90mins of them, he spent the rest of the game trying to even it up and gave them practically everything possible.

The Sunderland fan interviewed before Saturday's game for the preview on here said he couldn't believe how sh1te the refs at this level were. This season seems to have had more than its share of head scratchers, but could just be my imagination.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024