Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big John McGreal interview 22:58 - Apr 18 with 1131 viewsBrynandBill

The Colne Radio John McGreal interview
Postby colubryn » April 18th, 2019, 11:53 pm

Last week I went up Florence Park - aka the Talent Factory - to interview the Col U’s John McGreal. The plan was to use it as part of our Colne Radio annual end of season review. We still aim to use clips of the interview in our end of season show but given the debate raging on social media we thought we should post the whole thing in advance of our Colne Radio Show at 8pm on Thursday 2nd May on FM106.6.

The interview is unashamedly partisan we support the Us and always want John to do well. The interview takes a step back from dissecting the last match and takes a look at the big picture. The interview asks what makes John tick and how does he approach management?

We cover:

His seventeen years as a player some of it at the top including UEFA Cup matches.

John’s Tractor Boy connections and the current Col U contingent of former Tractor Boys.

The managers he has learnt most from and what is it that makes a good manager?

Achieving play off success as a player.

The Col U system.

Team consistency.

What’s the role of a manager when it’s not going well?

The crucial half time talk.

Up and coming Academy players.

How can we push on next season?

I don’t think anyone can doubt John’s total commitment to trying to make our team as good as it can possibly be but what do you think of the Us achievements in 2018/19?

We’re canvassing fans opinions so we can include them and discuss them on Colne Radio on the 2nd May so have a listen to John and tell us what you think?

THE INTERVIEW CLICK HERE TO LISTEN https://www.mixcloud.com/Box39/076-special-programme-bryn-griffiths-talks-to-joh
The Big John McGreal interview on 06:31 - Apr 19 with 1114 viewsnoah4x4

Simple summary...
Plan A up until Christmas great. Promotion form.
Now no Plan B. Teams have worked us out. Relegation form.
"McGreal and Humes out".
No internal replacements please!
The Big John McGreal interview on 06:40 - Apr 19 with 1108 viewsBrynandBill

Thanks for your response listen out for it on 2nd May.

Personally I think John deserves to strat next season.
The Big John McGreal interview on 14:25 - Apr 19 with 1082 viewsmfb_cufc

The Big John McGreal interview on 06:40 - Apr 19 by BrynandBill

What for totally underachieving. All I can say is you are easily pleased.

mfb

The Big John McGreal interview on 14:46 - Apr 19 with 1078 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Big John McGreal interview on 06:40 - Apr 19 by BrynandBill

Why?

Three years without any growth of the product.
Additionally, a conspecific waste of a much more talented and able 2018-2019 squad whilst displaying a complete lack of learning over three terms of management.

He had no previous experience and hasn't built on it.

Why?

Moor Pinot

The Big John McGreal interview on 18:51 - Apr 23 with 985 viewsbwildered

Much has you would expect. All the positives around the club and structure, and the Colchester Way in producing, developing and opportunity to players.
But the first team has to benefit from the academy produce in terms of performance and results for the first team, has well has players expectations of careers.
No doubt McG gives his best under the circumstances but managers like players find a level .
However Colchester Drive, winning games from behind and Colchester Cul de Sac, unable to progress out of L2 with the constant inconsistencies eg unable to get a run of results together, conceding goals at vital times, lack of goals from set pieces are all too familiar, which give the impression of a lack of experience and judgment.
The current mangement seemed surprised in opposition changes in games that win matches and consider a position in the top positions during the season is a given come the end.
No promotion for a third time must be enough, particularly has the squad looks well capable for this tier of football.
Lose games in the Bostick league and academy, far enough, but Saturday PM is a different scenario has points make prizes.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024