Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly 11:30 - Apr 21 with 4587 viewsSaxonDale

Linked to being the new Walsall manager.
Hilly on 11:32 - Apr 21 with 4573 viewsaleanddale

Hilly has always regarded them as a model lower league club.

He stated several times they are a model of a football club that was worthy of following.

Would not surprise me.
Hilly on 12:56 - Apr 21 with 4410 viewsnordenblue

Hilly on 11:32 - Apr 21 by aleanddale

Hilly has always regarded them as a model lower league club.

He stated several times they are a model of a football club that was worthy of following.

Would not surprise me.

Hope they've got a VERY "understanding" chairman then.
Hilly on 13:08 - Apr 21 with 4378 viewsDaleFan7

They average nearly 5,000 fans at home. Would he be able to cope with a fan base that big?
Hilly on 13:19 - Apr 21 with 4342 viewsdingdangblue

Rumours of him going for an interview or being interested in the Walsall job when he was here in his first spell. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he went there.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly on 15:05 - Apr 21 with 4154 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hilly on 13:19 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

Rumours of him going for an interview or being interested in the Walsall job when he was here in his first spell. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he went there.

Have they got many young players that he can flog off for his 10% before his impending sacking???

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hilly on 15:48 - Apr 21 with 4064 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hilly on 13:08 - Apr 21 by DaleFan7

They average nearly 5,000 fans at home. Would he be able to cope with a fan base that big?

They will all be coonts just like us and the Barnsley fans were when it goes tits up
Hilly on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 3988 viewsDale92

Why are people having sly digs at our greatest ever manager? Walsall would be a fine club for him, one he's used as an example of what we should be for many years. He's a manager who needs a job more than likely, I think he'd be a great director of football or youth coach in an England set up for example.
He's a great coach whos time at here had a hell of lot more ups than downs, he'd do a great job there. Ok he's not great with seasoned pros but hes great at finding gems and bringing youth through, so what if he got a percentage, that's how clubs like ours need to run to get good coaches, otherwise we can't afford them

His time here came to a bad end but I still don't close the door on him returning one day, he got stuck in a rut believing what he spouted to us about being lucky for being in League 1. One reflection hell probably think that, but hell go on to do good work elsewhere. Their was a time we lived in fear what would happen if he goes but we've found what looks like another good in-house appointment that comes from a person who was a Keith Hill disciple, as a player and coach.

I get some is in jest, but come on guys and gals.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2019 16:28]

This is the One, I've waited for

Hilly on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 3964 viewsDale23years

Hilly on 16:27 - Apr 21 by Dale92

Why are people having sly digs at our greatest ever manager? Walsall would be a fine club for him, one he's used as an example of what we should be for many years. He's a manager who needs a job more than likely, I think he'd be a great director of football or youth coach in an England set up for example.
He's a great coach whos time at here had a hell of lot more ups than downs, he'd do a great job there. Ok he's not great with seasoned pros but hes great at finding gems and bringing youth through, so what if he got a percentage, that's how clubs like ours need to run to get good coaches, otherwise we can't afford them

His time here came to a bad end but I still don't close the door on him returning one day, he got stuck in a rut believing what he spouted to us about being lucky for being in League 1. One reflection hell probably think that, but hell go on to do good work elsewhere. Their was a time we lived in fear what would happen if he goes but we've found what looks like another good in-house appointment that comes from a person who was a Keith Hill disciple, as a player and coach.

Wait till the next accounts come out, to see how much hes wasted on wages this season

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly on 17:13 - Apr 21 with 3864 viewsDale92

Hilly on 16:31 - Apr 21 by Dale23years

Wait till the next accounts come out, to see how much hes wasted on wages this season

Yes his recruitment wasn't great in his last 2 years for him, some are now coming off under a new manager. But I'd out money on it still being a bottom 6-8 budget

This is the One, I've waited for

Hilly on 19:49 - Apr 21 with 3606 viewsdalelee

I think it would be a sensible appointment for Walsall.
Keith was fantastic for us, although he lost the plot towards the end of his tenure I will never forget the fantastic achievements.
Perhaps a bit of time out for reflection, and coming back refreshed is what he needed. I hope he gets a decent job and best of luck to him.
His track record is much better than Walsalls last appointment of Dean Keates. Surely Keith's credentials are as strong as anyone else who would be interested in the job?
Hilly on 20:29 - Apr 21 with 3497 viewssoulboy

He also admires Fleetwood so i wouldnt be surprised to see him linked with that job, providing of course that Barton is relieved of his duties should the police investigation find that he has a case to answer.
Hilly on 20:30 - Apr 21 with 3489 viewsBlueDales

Walsall probably can't get anyone better, and Hill probably wouldn't be able to get a job anywhere better. It just fits.
Hilly on 21:03 - Apr 21 with 3407 viewsD_Dale

Hilly on 20:29 - Apr 21 by soulboy

He also admires Fleetwood so i wouldnt be surprised to see him linked with that job, providing of course that Barton is relieved of his duties should the police investigation find that he has a case to answer.

It'd surprise me - Hilly unlikely to get on well with a vanity-project chairman.
Hilly on 21:17 - Apr 21 with 3364 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hilly on 16:27 - Apr 21 by Dale92

Totally agree with your comments for the majority of his tenure, however he became a liability in his later years with his attitude in interviews and to fans who know nothing obviously.

He sold off players most of us wanted to keep near to his leaving, and if the 10% thing is true he probably pocketed around 100k before tax this season alone. Did selling those players make us stronger, did it hell, but financial it helps the club and himself.

Keith was an average defender who, as I have mentioned in the past, was a leader and a bit of a bully, he got a chance, took it, did well and when a better offer came in from a bigger club fooked off.

That went tits up and he came back here, probably because he had no other offers as good as what we were offering, or more likely no other offers. He did brilliantly at his job, brought in some great players and inspired us with his no fear attitude - I still have that t shirt.

Keith, the finder of broken toys, has imho become one himself, he became stale here after the stupid 5 year deal and cd, his protector on high leaving (not criticising cd btw) left him accountable for a lot more things, alby on 150k a year or so not used, Perkins not used enough, done out of position, Andrew contract, Williams signed and loaned out.

I could go on but my gut instinct is Keith knew the writing was on the wall and had enough, he took what he could re Harrison cannon etc and went. His drive had gone and it just became a job.

I wish him well for the future and will always remember the good memories of what we have achieved as a club, but had anyone higher profile like Bolton or Blackburn or anyone offering more cash or potential came in for him, he would have been off like a shot!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hilly on 09:54 - Apr 22 with 2867 viewsjonahwhereru

Once Keith has made the mental adjustment of not being king of all he surveys then he will be a fine recruit for any lower league club on a tight budget with no grand aspirations.
Walsall is a club he admires and I can easily see it suiting both parties. If it happened I could see Beech as his number 2; but would he try to tap up Tony Ellis for the youth post?

As for his transfer dealings, it had gone wrong with Cannon some time before he left, he only signed a 1 year deal late on last summer. It was the best solution for all. As for HG I said at the time of him going it made sense, he was the centre half in the worst defence in the league and we sold him to a rival, who are now below us in the league. No one can say our defence isn’t stronger since he has gone, and that includes KH’s last few games.

I hope Keith gets the job at Walsall and that we won’t be playing them next season, as I think they will be relegated today.
Hilly on 10:28 - Apr 22 with 2782 viewsDareToCalvin

Hilly on 09:54 - Apr 22 by jonahwhereru

Once Keith has made the mental adjustment of not being king of all he surveys then he will be a fine recruit for any lower league club on a tight budget with no grand aspirations.
Walsall is a club he admires and I can easily see it suiting both parties. If it happened I could see Beech as his number 2; but would he try to tap up Tony Ellis for the youth post?

As for his transfer dealings, it had gone wrong with Cannon some time before he left, he only signed a 1 year deal late on last summer. It was the best solution for all. As for HG I said at the time of him going it made sense, he was the centre half in the worst defence in the league and we sold him to a rival, who are now below us in the league. No one can say our defence isn’t stronger since he has gone, and that includes KH’s last few games.

I hope Keith gets the job at Walsall and that we won’t be playing them next season, as I think they will be relegated today.

Don't think it's possible for them to be relegated today.
Hilly on 10:48 - Apr 22 with 2742 viewsmacro

Hilly on 10:28 - Apr 22 by DareToCalvin

Don't think it's possible for them to be relegated today.

It’s not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024