Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables 18:39 - Apr 27 with 1320 viewsmfb_cufc

Week 38 Results

FULHAM 1 CARDIFF 0

Fulham have won three consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since March 2012. Just the 2 got this spot-on, and another 11 had the outcome.

BRISTOL CITY 0 DERBY 2
Derby boosted their play-off hopes and seriously dented 10-man Bristol City's own top-six aspirations. Only 2 had this spot-on, and 6 more got the outcome. 16 predicted a win for Bristol City with 10 going for a 2-1 in what was the weeks most predicted score.

MIDDLESBROUGH 2 READING 1
Middlesbrough came from behind to keep their play-off hopes alive while Reading's safety was confirmed despite defeat. 5 got this spot-on, with a further 20 having the outcome.

AFC WIMBLEDON 2 WYCOMBE 1
Joe Pigott's double earned AFC Wimbledon a battling win to ease their League One relegation fears. A big 8 had this spot-on, and another 11 got the outcome.

ROCHDALE 1 SOUTHEND 0
A goal from ex U's Ian Henderson helps to keep Southend's relegation alive. A big 7 got this spot-on, and a further 16 had the outcome.

SUNDERLAND 1 PORTSMOUTH 1
Sunderland and Portsmouth played out a feisty 1-1 draw that did little for either side's hopes of gaining automatic promotion from League One. 4 had this spot-on, and 6 more got the outcome.

CARLISLE 4 CRAWLEY 2
Carlisle made hard work of it after blasting into a four-goal lead before the break. Nobody got this spot-on, but 23 did have the outcome.

EXETER 1 OLDHAM 0
Ryan Bowman headed home the only goal of the game to keep Exeter's play-off hopes alive and end Oldham's hopes of a top seven finish. 5 had this spot-on, and another 8 got the outcome.

MANSFIELD 1 STEVENAGE 2
Stevenage get a 92nd minute winner, with ex U's Kurtis Guthrie now scoring 7 of the last 12 goals scored by Stevenage. Well done to BFG for being the only one to get this spot-on, and only Pinault_Noir had the outcome.

NEWPORT 1 LINCOLN 0
Newport kept their League Two play-off hopes alive with victory over champions Lincoln who failed to score for the third game in a row for the first time since October 2010. Lets hope they make it four next week. Just the 2 had this spot-on, and 4 more got the outcome.

An absolutely incredible finish to the season with the Premier title and the final play-off spot in Division One being decided by the tie-breaker rules. The 36 spot-ons and the 214 total points produced the second best week of the season, both only beaten by the 39 spot-ons and 217 points achieved in Week 10. Leading the way on the 3 pointer front with three each was basher2010, who had the 1-0 wins for Cardiff, Exeter and Newport, and BFG, who had the wins for Wimbledon and Newport to go with the good Stevenage pick. They both also had three outcomes and share the honour of being the weeks top scorer with a brilliant 12 points each. Just missing out on this were Tropical_Us and blueeagle who both got an excellent 11 points from going 2-1 all games. Also achieving this excellent total was Colukev, who had the Wimbledon 2-1 and the Sunderland 1-1 spot-on and five outcomes.
A great way to finish the season with plenty of points for most, but how did it affect the final league placings.

THE FINAL TABLES (280 games played)
(Tie-breaker: Most 3 pointers, and then the first to post)

In the Premier It is congratulations to noah4x4 on winning a first Premier title. In what has been the most closely fought title for years, in getting the wins for Middlesbrough and Rochdale spot-on was what made the difference as he wins it on the most 3 pointer rule. A cruel way for sevebalo to lose out, but a great effort from him to get so close, and he will have the consolation of going for the Charity Shield now. A good effort also from RSCOSWORTH to get two more 3 pointers, the Rochdale 1-0 and the Sunderland 1-1, to give him a decent 35 for the season. Just one more would have got him the title, but has to settle for finishing third for the second season running, and another crack at winning the Charity Shield. Two more 3 pointers for TheHappyGooner, the wins for Derby and Middlesbrough, enabled them to finish a respectable fourth. In fifth was Tropical_Us, who moved up a couple of places on the final day after that good decision to go 2-1 all games. Former champs mfb_cufc and thrillseeker both got a century of outcomes, but a lack of 3 pointers meant mid-table mediocrity for both. In fact the latter got more outcomes than when he won the title last season, but the big difference was he got 18 less than his record haul of 3 pointers. A satisfactory return to the Premier for gerry_us after his promotion, although only finishing eighth he was never in any real danger of being relegated. After winning Division One last season eagledares has found life harder in the top league, but having the Rochdale 1-0 and the Sunderland 1-1 spot-on finally guaranteed he would be there again next season. Going 3-2 all games got burnsieespana seven outcomes, but in the end it was going to be a tall order for him to survive needing 17 points. Going 1-0 all games could have given him a good shout, as that would have got 15 points. So his three season stay in the Premier comes to an end. Disappointing for him after being runner-up two seasons ago. The other relegation spot that has looked likely for quite a while was finally confirmed when gsy163 ended a two year stay in the Premier.

In Division One It is congratulations to Sector4 on winning a second Division One title. It was confirmed by having the Sunderland 1-1 and the Exeter 1-0 spot-on. A tremendous finish to the season with 11 points in both the final two weeks, and three double-figure scores in the final five weeks made sure Colukev obtained the other automatic spot, as both made an instant return to the Premier after last seasons relegation. After a brilliant 2019 unitedwhites has to settle for a play-off spot. He had the wins for Middlesbrough and Rochdale spot-on, that means he has got more points than anybody in both divisions in the second-half of the season. Double-figure scores in the final two weeks also for basher2010 means he will go into the play-offs with confidence, and of course he still has every chance to win three titles as well. Going 2-1 all games was a good decision for blueeagle to confirm his play-off spot. The final play-off spot provided the closest finish possible with TheFatGooner just clinging on by virtue of the first to post rule. A cruel way for Daniel to lose out after a good end to the season. Another to have a good 2019 is wessex_exile, but his form has leveled out lately, and he just fell short, though one more outcome would have got him that final play-off spot. Also unlucky to miss out was medicine-man, who found the right prescription for success in his second season. Perhaps the one most unlucky was Blue4U2 who had the Mansfield game to end 1-1. That 92nd minute winner from Stevenage lost him the 3 points that would see him finish 6th. Just falling one 3 pointer short of making the play-offs, durham_exile will be hoping his beloved U's make up for it by making them next week. An up and down first season for ghughes ended on a high with the 1-0 wins for Fulham and Rochdale spot-on. Making the Happy Cup final was his finest achievement. It has been well documented that concordman got more outcomes than anybody in both divisions, but less 3 pointers than anybody means a bottom half finish. A great end to the season for BFG, who was another to finish with two double-figure scores, made a mockery of his seasons form before, and I expect someone who often use to finish mid-table in the Premier to be nearer the top next season. After a promising start to his first season oxfcolu gradually fell away. I expect a better effort next season with the experience behind him. Another to be in the play-off spots early doors was Pinault_Noir, so the final position is not a true reflection of his ability. He missed far too many weeks to know what Stupid_Gooner is really capable of.

The Charity Shield semi-finals will be:-

noah4x4 v basher2010
sevebalo v RSCOSWORTH

The Division One play-off semi-finals will be:-

unitedwhites v TheFatGooner
basher2010 v blueeagle

All the details for these semi-finals will appear on a separate thread on Sunday.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 23:54]

mfb

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 20:28 - Apr 27 with 1279 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Thank you for a superbly run competition as always MFB. Am I right in thinking I was an Oldham equaliser from the title?

A massive well done to Noah on winning the Premier title and Sevebalo for pushing him incredibly close. Also well done to Sector4 on the Division 1 title along with the overall highest score and Colukev on his promotion.

Best of luck to all those with something still to play for apart from anyone facing me as I really think it’s high time I won something!

CheeRS

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 22:40 - Apr 27 with 1254 viewsnoah4x4

The Open Topped Bus around Colchesteris booked. It's the only Colchester United fan carrying bus that will pass close to the Stadium in 2019. Good effort Sevebalo and RSCosworth.

Think my margin of success may be mirrored by Col Ud's margin of failure. But who cares.
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 16:08 - Apr 28 with 1197 viewsSector4

Thanks to all especially Mick for yet another superbly run season. Looking forward to 19-20!
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 16:30 - Apr 28 with 1191 viewsdurham_exile

Another superbly managed league Mick, many thanks for your hard work and congratulations to the league winners and promotees.

Looking forward to next season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 11:50 - Apr 29 with 1153 viewsburnsieespana

Mick thank you for all your hard work and commentary throughout the season.
Noah congrats on your title.
For me a season of what might have been so bit like our beloved Colchester United but the table doesn't lie!
Like the U's I suspect I have got the summer to dust myself down and hopefully mount another challenge from Division1.
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 13:36 - Apr 29 with 1148 viewsColukev

Likewise, I'd like to extend my thanks to MFB for a superb competition.

Highlight of my sundays, waking up and checking the latest well written update. Roll on next season!

Congratulations to winners and promotees!
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 18:54 - Apr 29 with 1140 viewswessex_exile

Another brilliant competition mfb - well done to you, and indeed all who are still in the mix, best of luck to you all!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 19:40 - Apr 29 with 1136 viewsBFG

Thank you mfb for administering the what is the glue behind this board.

Always good fun :)
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 19:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 22:20 - Apr 29 with 1120 viewsgerry_us

Bit of a "McGreal" season for me as I recall briefly leading the division early on then have gradually lost my way and slipped down the league. Just managed to maintain Prem division after promotion last year.
Many thanks to Mick for a great competition as usual and his end of day reports are always much awaited and never disappoint...even when mentioning my big fat "zero" twice this season.
When do we start again ?
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 20:15 - Apr 30 with 1090 viewsnoah4x4

Thanks too to Mick and commiserations to Sevebalo.

Still on cloud nine. I knew I had to be good at something other than drinking.
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 00:00 - May 1 with 1082 viewsTheHappyGooner

What can I say that hasn’t already been said ?

MFB Mick - class act

Hard luck Seve

But

Well
Played
Champ
Noah !!!!

It’s a great great feeling !

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 09:07 - May 3 with 1038 viewssevebalo

Well done to Noah and thanks Mick as always for the excellent administration and analysis you provide.

I confess I thought for a minute I had the title but at a glance check I thought Rochdale was 2-0 instead of 1-0.

Any season where you get higher than MFB in the league you have to consider to be a good one, so I'll take heart from that.

We try again next season.
Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 13:10 - May 3 with 1022 viewsmfb_cufc

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, they are all very much appreciated. It is good to see the word fun, as win or lose that is what the Happy League is all about. In return I would like to thank you all for taking part in what has been another tremendous season, one that produced the closest finish we have ever had for the Premier title and the final Division One play-off spot.

I look forward to you all taking part again in the 2019/20 season, which will provisionally start on Saturday 10th August. More details to follow after the fixtures have been released on Thursday 20th June. All new members are very welcome.
[Post edited 3 May 2019 13:11]

mfb

Happy League 2018/19 The Final Tables on 17:52 - May 3 with 1001 viewsconcordman

To add to all the appreciation, I would like to thank mfb_cufc for the outstanding job you did. I would like to know if anyone has had the most outcomes and the least 3 pointers in the same season. It would appear to be extremely difficult to do. A very small consolation for my season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024