Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 07:44 - May 7 with 19269 viewsbwildered

U's rumours ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:06 - May 24 with 1887 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:26 - May 24 by burnsieespana

I don't know how much of this is media conclusions but way I read it is, JMc does not totally rule out bringing somebody else in and moving one or more of the existing keepers on. I suppose Barnes might not resign but unless his Agent has an ace up the sleeve can't see him not doing so. At least JMc to my mind whilst extolling the 19 clean sheets is also acknowledging the need to have a number one keeper.
Think this yet has some distance to go although personally would not want Gerkin back as never thought much of himm apart from a shot stopper and was stunned when we were able to sell him.

Unless we sign someone else with pedigree Ethan Ross should be number one next season and we should allow Barnes to leave or go out on loan.

Gerken shouldn't be touched with a very long barge pole.

Up the U's
[Post edited 24 May 2019 23:59]

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:30 - Jun 4 with 1749 viewsLeadbelly

Rotherham interested in Courtney Senior according to D3D4 website.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:21 - Jun 4 with 1720 viewsmfb_cufc

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:06 - May 24 by durham_exile

Unless we sign someone else with pedigree Ethan Ross should be number one next season and we should allow Barnes to leave or go out on loan.

Gerken shouldn't be touched with a very long barge pole.

Up the U's
[Post edited 24 May 2019 23:59]

Gerken could be coming back if there is any truth in this story.

http://d3d4football.com/colchester-target-34-year-old-keeper-to-kick-start-summe

mfb

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:10 - Jun 4 with 1715 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:21 - Jun 4 by mfb_cufc

Gerken could be coming back if there is any truth in this story.

http://d3d4football.com/colchester-target-34-year-old-keeper-to-kick-start-summe

Grim news if true - there is nothing wrong with Ethan Ross

A retrograde step to sign Gerken. Really hope that this doesn't happen.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:03 - Jun 5 with 1662 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/17682904.colchester-united-interested-in-pl

Zero in the way of direct quotes from anyone who may be involved but I have heard this mentioned for a few days now. Coming off a long term injury which required surgery so I'll refrain from getting too excited, especially as I hear he's been a bit injury prone in the past.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:22 - Jun 5 with 1658 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:03 - Jun 5 by Leadbelly

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/17682904.colchester-united-interested-in-pl

Zero in the way of direct quotes from anyone who may be involved but I have heard this mentioned for a few days now. Coming off a long term injury which required surgery so I'll refrain from getting too excited, especially as I hear he's been a bit injury prone in the past.

LB I posted a comment about Colchester's interest in Grant as a "Dickenson" replacement on 30 May. Source Plymouth local paper.
Interestingly there has been press comment naming Grant for the past 7 days, suggesting there is some truth in the rumour.
He is 31 and hasn't played since last Boxing Day, but he could do a job for us up front or on the wing (right).

I'm more interested in signing an out and out striker, but the Posh have now signed Mo Eisa from Bristol City!!!!!

All quiet on the Szmodics front too.

Kane Hemmings still available but not for much longer I suspect.

Up the U's
[Post edited 5 Jun 2019 14:25]

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:37 - Jun 5 with 1624 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:22 - Jun 5 by durham_exile

LB I posted a comment about Colchester's interest in Grant as a "Dickenson" replacement on 30 May. Source Plymouth local paper.
Interestingly there has been press comment naming Grant for the past 7 days, suggesting there is some truth in the rumour.
He is 31 and hasn't played since last Boxing Day, but he could do a job for us up front or on the wing (right).

I'm more interested in signing an out and out striker, but the Posh have now signed Mo Eisa from Bristol City!!!!!

Up the U's

Indeed you did...wasn’t trying to steal your thunder!

Several clubs in League 2 have been quite active this week. Hope there are some decent players left when we do some business.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:35 - Jun 6 with 1588 viewsburnsieespana

Apart from Grant and Gherkin we don't appear to be linked with anybody.
Bit of a worry as this time ladt year we had almost done our business.
Login to get fewer ads

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:35 - Jun 6 with 1588 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:37 - Jun 5 by Leadbelly

Indeed you did...wasn’t trying to steal your thunder!

Several clubs in League 2 have been quite active this week. Hope there are some decent players left when we do some business.

LB it wasn't my story I sourced it through the Plymouth Herald.

It is interesting though that it was publically announced in the press several days ago and nothing more has been made of it by the club.

Perhaps it could be tied up by the weekend.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:17 - Jun 6 with 1584 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:35 - Jun 6 by durham_exile

LB it wasn't my story I sourced it through the Plymouth Herald.

It is interesting though that it was publically announced in the press several days ago and nothing more has been made of it by the club.

Perhaps it could be tied up by the weekend.

UTU's

Probably his agent trying to improve on the 12 month deal reportedly offered by Plymouth and/or get a move closer to London.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:18 - Jun 7 with 1521 viewswessex_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:17 - Jun 6 by Leadbelly

Probably his agent trying to improve on the 12 month deal reportedly offered by Plymouth and/or get a move closer to London.

Sammy McLeod signs a two year contract with the U's, via Leicester City academy and last season at the Jammers. I'm not old enough to remember his namesake signed by Benny Fenton, but I gather he was quite a good player.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/june/us-flash-mcleod-signs-up/

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:07 - Jun 7 with 1505 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:18 - Jun 7 by wessex_exile

Sammy McLeod signs a two year contract with the U's, via Leicester City academy and last season at the Jammers. I'm not old enough to remember his namesake signed by Benny Fenton, but I gather he was quite a good player.

Different gravy I suspect

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:11 - Jun 7 with 1502 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:07 - Jun 7 by Leadbelly

Different gravy I suspect

Keeps up our tradition of signing players coming off a long term injury. U23 then out I reckon.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 23:33 - Jun 7 with 1495 viewsgerry_us

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:18 - Jun 7 by wessex_exile

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Sammy McLeod and he was well known by the then supporters as a "pocket battleship"; I suppose in similar style to the current Sammy Szmodics but oh so much better.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 10:40 - Jun 8 with 1463 viewsburnsieespana

Vaguely remember him but not sure he played that many games before going to Australia.
Died really young at 39 years of age.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 11:20 - Jun 8 with 1458 viewsthrillseeker

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:22 - Jun 5 by durham_exile

Up the U's

Durham - I bumped into Sammie last week and I asked about his future

He said a move was 99.9% completed but cannot be confirmed until 01 July 2019 unless agreed with CUFC as still contracted with us until 30 June 2019

He said it was a step up in level - no clues given to which team. I just hope it is not the Shit 18 miles north of Colchester.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 11:24 - Jun 8 with 1457 viewspwrightsknees

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 10:40 - Jun 8 by burnsieespana

Vaguely remember him but not sure he played that many games before going to Australia.
Died really young at 39 years of age.

The original Sammy McLeod was one of Benny Fenton's Scottish signings. He played over 150 games for the U's in the 1950s. He was one of those "wizards of dribble", fairly common back then, and a real crowd pleaser. Sadly he was killed after being knocked down by a car in Australia.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:29 - Jun 8 with 1452 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 11:20 - Jun 8 by thrillseeker

Durham - I bumped into Sammie last week and I asked about his future

He said a move was 99.9% completed but cannot be confirmed until 01 July 2019 unless agreed with CUFC as still contracted with us until 30 June 2019

He said it was a step up in level - no clues given to which team. I just hope it is not the Shit 18 miles north of Colchester.

TS - that was a very good conversation.

Sadly you could be right with several promising players moving into Suffolk in the past.

It has gone quiet at Ashton Gate especially with Mo Eisa moving to Peterborough.

I truly hope that Gerken doesn't move in the opposite direction if Sammie steps up to league one!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:20 - Jun 8 with 1435 viewsburnsieespana

Somehow I doubt it is up the road unless the Norwood deal has collapsed.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:07 - Jun 11 with 1317 viewsFruitbat

New 12 month contract for Junior and he stays at Derry until the end of their season in November.

Moderately surprised by this, expected he would be off.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:45 - Jun 11 with 1314 viewsburnsieespana

Club obviously think he might well make it into the first team.
Not really sure of the quality of the league of Ireland so be interested to hear from anybody familiar with it.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:53 - Jun 11 with 1313 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:20 - Jun 8 by burnsieespana

Somehow I doubt it is up the road unless the Norwood deal has collapsed.

Norwood signing at Ipswich now confirmed.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:56 - Jun 11 with 1312 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 12:07 - Jun 11 by Fruitbat

New 12 month contract for Junior and he stays at Derry until the end of their season in November.

Moderately surprised by this, expected he would be off.

I'll join you in being moderately surprised. Very small sample size I admit but never saw anything from Junior that made me think he was worth retaining.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:29 - Jun 11 with 1283 viewsburnsieespana

I think we are now the only team in Div 2 "yet to make a signing.
Starting to get worried since by this time last year we had made real progress.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:51 - Jun 11 with 1260 viewsGOSBTS

Gazette reporting that the U's are interested in Brighton's James Tilley on loan.

Haven't seen him in action I don't think but he was a regular in the Albion's fairly successful PL2 side last season (a couple of the players were pushing through into first team match day squad) before his loan to Cork City.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2019 22:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024