Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 07:44 - May 7 with 19271 viewsbwildered

U's rumours ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:07 - Jul 1 with 2368 viewsnoah4x4

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 18:26 - Jul 1 by durham_exile

bwildered sadly our failure to sign a 20 goal per season striker is the reason we are struggling to get out of the basement

UTU's

Fernandes goal scoring record is pretty impressive for a winger. 13 in 36 games for Farnborough. John McGreal has been quoted "will start in first team"

Can you hear our drum Fernandes.
Can you score a goal or three
We know you came from non-league.
See we got you on a free......
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:41 - Jul 2 with 2250 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Another one for the U23's.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/july/us-flash-seagulls-defender-signs-up/

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:18 - Jul 2 with 2218 viewspwrightsknees

Still no word about Gerken except on Wikipedia!
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:09 - Jul 2 with 2199 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:07 - Jul 1 by noah4x4

Fernandes goal scoring record is pretty impressive for a winger. 13 in 36 games for Farnborough. John McGreal has been quoted "will start in first team"

Can you hear our drum Fernandes.
Can you score a goal or three
We know you came from non-league.
See we got you on a free......

He ran them ragged down the wing that night
Defence was sh1te
Fernandes

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:33 - Jul 2 with 2180 viewsGOSBTS

I find the Gilmartin transfer really interesting as part of a broader enigma in the buying and selling of keepers. On the face of it to me it seems as if the goalkeeping position is the only one that defies the general logic of the best performing players being sold to better clubs, and lesser players being sold to lower clubs. I remember being surprised when Jason Steele, who had been underwhelming and benched frequently at relegated Championship side Sunderland, suddenly secured a move to Brighton and is now our second choice keeper behind Maty Ryan.

Gilmartin climbing two rungs to Bristol City is similarly as bemusing considering he hardly impressed for the U's last season. Perhaps his coaching ability was his unique selling point to them? Coincidentally, I hadn't realised he had come from Watford until reading the article of about the transfer. I then remember that I had seen him in an FA Cup match for Championship Watford against League One Albion at Vicarage Road, when he fluffed an Ashley Barnes shot into his own net! Happy days.

As an aside, I must apologise with regards to the Matthew Weaire transfer from Brighton as I hadn't even heard of the player before today, so I won't be able to add any insight there I'm afraid!
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:35 - Jul 3 with 2125 viewsdurham_exile

Another player signed for the U23's Luke Ige a defender from Aston Villa aged just 19.

JM is going to play a dynamic 4-6-0 formation!

Any chance of a striker please?

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:42 - Jul 3 with 2124 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:35 - Jul 3 by durham_exile

Another player signed for the U23's Luke Ige a defender from Aston Villa aged just 19.

JM is going to play a dynamic 4-6-0 formation!

Any chance of a striker please?

UTU's

Not many genuine first team additions though plenty of restocking the U23s. Jam tomorrow in my opinion.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:11 - Jul 4 with 2023 viewsbwildered

Jevani signs from. Cambridge for undisclosed fee . Anyone remember seeing him play ?

Login to get fewer ads

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:17 - Jul 4 with 2022 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:11 - Jul 4 by bwildered

Jevani signs from. Cambridge for undisclosed fee . Anyone remember seeing him play ?

BW a pacy player and I note the Colchester site say he is a striker but I think he is more an attacking midfielder.

84 appearances for Cambridge and 13 goals suggests the midfield dimension is more accurate.

At 24 a decent signing but we definitely need a new STRIKER

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:36 - Jul 4 with 1979 viewsbwildered

Second signing of the day free transfer, previously with Wycombe, two year deal for Paris Cowan - Hall, described has a pacey winger .

Perhaps a change of policy in terms of play, possibly like when Fagan, Vine and Andrews were the front runners .

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:02 - Jul 4 with 1973 viewsGOSBTS

Blimey the U’s have had a busy week! Bit like buses. None for ages and then they all come at once!
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:55 - Jul 4 with 1950 viewsmfb_cufc

Jevani Brown is a brilliant signing. He was expected to join a League 1 or even a Championship club, but he chose us over them. Would have cost us at least £100,000 I reckon. In my opinion we have replaced Sammie with better player, and made loads of money into the bargin. A real coup for Mr Humes. Cowan-Hall has a been a regular for Wycombe in League 1, so another decent signing. Suddenly things are starting to look good for the new season.

mfb

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:57 - Jul 4 with 1949 viewsburnsieespana

Indeed a busy week but does indicate are up for a real go at promotion with on the face of it some decent signings.
Cambridge suggesting they had a number of offers but ours was the best with a sell on clause included.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:29 - Jul 4 with 1938 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:36 - Jul 4 by bwildered

Second signing of the day free transfer, previously with Wycombe, two year deal for Paris Cowan - Hall, described has a pacey winger .

Perhaps a change of policy in terms of play, possibly like when Fagan, Vine and Andrews were the front runners .

Definitely another winger 14 goals in 72 appearances for the Chairboys.

Can we please sign a striker or are we sticking with Nouble and Chuck Norris.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:02 - Jul 4 with 1925 viewsGOSBTS

Do you think we need to sign a central midfielder? It seemed that the season went awry around the time of Pell’s injury. We had great attacking players but perhaps not enough ball winning midfielders until Saunders joined us.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:05 - Jul 4 with 1922 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:02 - Jul 4 by GOSBTS

Do you think we need to sign a central midfielder? It seemed that the season went awry around the time of Pell’s injury. We had great attacking players but perhaps not enough ball winning midfielders until Saunders joined us.

I wonder if Cameron James lined up for that role as he played it most of last year with Braintree.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:30 - Jul 4 with 1912 viewsmfb_cufc

The recruitment seems to be following the same trend as last season in signing decent League 2 players. I think the main priority now is to get a decent goalkeeper, then just like last season we will have a squad capable of making the play-offs at least. With all the wingers we have signed I wonder if Senior is on his way out.

mfb

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 09:09 - Jul 5 with 1886 viewsMoor_Pinot

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:30 - Jul 4 by mfb_cufc

The recruitment seems to be following the same trend as last season in signing decent League 2 players. I think the main priority now is to get a decent goalkeeper, then just like last season we will have a squad capable of making the play-offs at least. With all the wingers we have signed I wonder if Senior is on his way out.

Re Senior Mick, yes I had both thought and hoped that may be so. A good league 2 player but ball control and colleague awareness are the worst in our squad. Far too infuriating to be one of our best and unless his skill levels improve then neither will we with him but I have long thought another club could be seduced and make us a few quid. I wouldn't mind one bit. Brentford are a good club and they knew why they were happy to get rid.

Moor Pinot

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:00 - Jul 16 with 1585 viewsdurham_exile

Speculation abounds concerning Reggie Young a winger who did very well playing on loan from Woking at Farnborough Town last season.

Scored 10 goals and credited with 6 assists.

Barnsley seem keen to secure his services but he has trained with the U's.

JM is playing down the interest stating that it is unlikely the club will do anymore transfer business this close season.

Wait out and see we should know by the end of the week.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 13:34 - Jul 17 with 1523 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:00 - Jul 16 by durham_exile

Speculation abounds concerning Reggie Young a winger who did very well playing on loan from Woking at Farnborough Town last season.

Scored 10 goals and credited with 6 assists.

Barnsley seem keen to secure his services but he has trained with the U's.

JM is playing down the interest stating that it is unlikely the club will do anymore transfer business this close season.

Wait out and see we should know by the end of the week.

UTU's

I really think we can live without another wide player. A full back would be handy though...Jackson injured apparently.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:25 - Jul 17 with 1516 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 13:34 - Jul 17 by Leadbelly

I really think we can live without another wide player. A full back would be handy though...Jackson injured apparently.

LB just read about Jackson. He would be a loss, influential last season and played very well at Cefn Druids on Saturday.

Cameron James played left back in North Wales and Kane Vincent-Young would be an obvious Right Back.

Hopefully it is only a muscular strain and nothing more.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 18:09 - Jul 17 with 1489 viewsburnsieespana

Must be a make or break season for Cameron James. By all accounts did well ladt year at Braintree but in midfield so he does seem able to play different roles.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 13:24 - Jul 19 with 1358 viewsLeadbelly

Another departure

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/july/miller-departure/

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 13:43 - Jul 19 with 1355 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 13:24 - Jul 19 by Leadbelly

Another departure

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/july/miller-departure/

I can't decide whether this is a good thing or not. Proves that the investment in youth is working but a shame we're not going to see him play for Col U more than the one time.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:48 - Jul 19 with 1329 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 13:43 - Jul 19 by RSCOSWORTH

I can't decide whether this is a good thing or not. Proves that the investment in youth is working but a shame we're not going to see him play for Col U more than the one time.

Saw him play at Exeter and on a day when the team were abject he brought a breath of fresh air to proceedings.

I wonder whether we might be signing someone else from Brighton as part of an ongoing deal?

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024