Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 07:44 - May 7 with 19458 viewsbwildered

U's rumours ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 18:31 - Jul 19 with 2185 viewsburnsieespana

Gazette saying we should be getting compensation. It is a problem for lower league clubs as, not a huge amount, if I recall from when a youngster of similar age left Ipswich, last year, for Man City, I think it was.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 09:56 - Jul 22 with 2063 viewsburnsieespana

Hint in the Gazette this morning we may be looking to add a full back.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:34 - Jul 22 with 2023 viewsburnsieespana

Barnes has signed a two year deal today with AOR. Good luck to him.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:57 - Jul 22 with 2013 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:34 - Jul 22 by burnsieespana

QPR's loss is very much our gain.

Barnes was simply hopeless and arguably his performance at Yeovil put paid to any outside hope that we had of promotion last season.

Now let Ethan Ross have the number one shirt and sign a genuine number 9 and I will be delighted.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:43 - Jul 22 with 1927 viewsFruitbat

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:57 - Jul 22 by durham_exile

QPR's loss is very much our gain.

Barnes was simply hopeless and arguably his performance at Yeovil put paid to any outside hope that we had of promotion last season.

Now let Ethan Ross have the number one shirt and sign a genuine number 9 and I will be delighted.

UTU's

Under 24 and we'd offered him new terms so they must have given us actual money for him! Incredible bit of business.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:44 - Jul 22 with 1924 viewswessex_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 16:34 - Jul 22 by burnsieespana

Probably one of the more surreal bits of transfer dealing I've seen over the summer...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:56 - Jul 22 with 1886 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:44 - Jul 22 by wessex_exile

Probably one of the more surreal bits of transfer dealing I've seen over the summer...

Couldn’t resist

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:54 - Jul 22 with 1735 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:43 - Jul 22 by Fruitbat

Under 24 and we'd offered him new terms so they must have given us actual money for him! Incredible bit of business.

Yes did wonder about that but no mention anywhere of a fee or compensation being involved.
QPR fans seem shocked of this signing!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:59]
Login to get fewer ads

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:05 - Jul 22 with 1721 viewsFruitbat

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:54 - Jul 22 by burnsieespana

Yes did wonder about that but no mention anywhere of a fee or compensation being involved.
QPR fans seem shocked of this signing!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 19:59]

Looked earlier and BBC website is showing it as "undisclosed". I hope we held out for at least thirty quid, anything more and we'd probably have to find change.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:09 - Jul 22 with 1716 viewsnoah4x4

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 18:31 - Jul 19 by burnsieespana

Gazette saying we should be getting compensation. It is a problem for lower league clubs as, not a huge amount, if I recall from when a youngster of similar age left Ipswich, last year, for Man City, I think it was.

I believe it is £40,000 compensation for EACH year spent in our Academy/Youth set up. This is to reward clubs that invest in developing kids when big clubs poach them. We will also get good reward for Szmodics and Kent under similar FFP Rules. Barnes should be another cash cow.

These kids hence generate fees that can be more lucrative than departing seasoned professionals (notably as they can just walk away once out of contract). I think this transfer window fully vindicate Cowling's investment in youth that has been so criticised by some, PROVIDED the money is spent wisely (full back and striker!).
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 00:07 - Jul 23 with 1594 viewsmfb_cufc

Who would have thought that at the end of last season, Gilmartin and Barnes would both end up in the Championship, albeit only on the bench. I like a bet, but would never have put money on this happening.

mfb

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 09:36 - Jul 23 with 1525 viewsburnsieespana

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 00:07 - Jul 23 by mfb_cufc

Who would have thought that at the end of last season, Gilmartin and Barnes would both end up in the Championship, albeit only on the bench. I like a bet, but would never have put money on this happening.

Mick the big bet would be how many games they will get just look at Walker.
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 10:04 - Jul 23 with 1514 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 09:36 - Jul 23 by burnsieespana

Mick the big bet would be how many games they will get just look at Walker.

I doubt either of them would've been number one here this season so now they probably get paid a bit more to sit on the bench. Good business all round I reckon.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 11:55 - Jul 23 with 1483 viewsLeadbelly

Have we appointed a new goalkeeping coach yet?

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:08 - Jul 23 with 1437 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 11:55 - Jul 23 by Leadbelly

Have we appointed a new goalkeeping coach yet?

I remember reading that there were no plans to recruit another coach immediately and with Ross, Vose and Gerken we would work to improve and enhance the quality of goal keeping.

In other news whoever was responsible for persuading QPR to take Barnes deserves a Knighthood.
Probably the best business we have ever achieved.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 14:28 - Aug 1 with 1236 viewsburnsieespana

HITC reporting we have agreed terms with former Arsenal full back Bramhall. Claim number of Championship and League 1 sides were interested in him but chose us.
Looks a decent prospect but we will see.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2019 9:29]
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:15 - Aug 2 with 1139 viewsburnsieespana

Signed for us two hours ago!
Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:18 - Aug 2 with 1119 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 17:15 - Aug 2 by burnsieespana

Signed for us two hours ago!

Burnsie I have included him in the left back berth for tomorrow's game.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:26 - Aug 2 with 1117 viewswessex_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:18 - Aug 2 by durham_exile

Burnsie I have included him in the left back berth for tomorrow's game.

UTU's

Suggestion from the OWS is that paperwork hasn’t been cleared, so not sure he’ll be eligible or not (I confess I don’t know enough about the rules on this one?). If not, I’m sure James will do fine - I certainly hope so, as I’ve decided to travel over for this one.

Up the U’s!!!

Up the U's

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 22:24 - Aug 2 with 1097 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 20:26 - Aug 2 by wessex_exile

Suggestion from the OWS is that paperwork hasn’t been cleared, so not sure he’ll be eligible or not (I confess I don’t know enough about the rules on this one?). If not, I’m sure James will do fine - I certainly hope so, as I’ve decided to travel over for this one.

Up the U’s!!!

Wessex enjoy the game!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:47 - Aug 7 with 1021 viewsmfb_cufc

From Sky Sports News:-

DUO TARGET VINCENT-YOUNG

Charlton and Luton want to sign Colchester right-back Kane Vincent-Young.

The Addicks have just come in for the 23-year-old while Luton have seen an offer rejected.

mfb

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:08 - Aug 9 with 831 viewswessex_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 15:47 - Aug 7 by mfb_cufc

From Sky Sports News:-

DUO TARGET VINCENT-YOUNG

Charlton and Luton want to sign Colchester right-back Kane Vincent-Young.

The Addicks have just come in for the 23-year-old while Luton have seen an offer rejected.

Well, unless a League 1 side comes in offering what we value KVY at, looks like we've dodged the bullet at least until January - personally, I'm delighted!

In other news, we have signed Hamza Kaid from Cornish Mousehole FC - 20 year old pacy winger with a very good eye for goal it seems. It'll probably be a while before we see him turn out for the 1st team, but certainly looks a good prospect.

Announcement from Mousehole FC https://www.mouseholeafc.co.uk/mouseholes-hamza-kaid-signs-pro-for-league-two-co

Up the U's

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:45 - Aug 9 with 818 viewsLeadbelly

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:08 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

Well, unless a League 1 side comes in offering what we value KVY at, looks like we've dodged the bullet at least until January - personally, I'm delighted!

In other news, we have signed Hamza Kaid from Cornish Mousehole FC - 20 year old pacy winger with a very good eye for goal it seems. It'll probably be a while before we see him turn out for the 1st team, but certainly looks a good prospect.

Announcement from Mousehole FC https://www.mouseholeafc.co.uk/mouseholes-hamza-kaid-signs-pro-for-league-two-co

The club seems obsessed by young, pacy wingers. If they ever sign one that can cross the ball and we actually have a centre forward prepared to make the right sort of run into the box to benefit from such crosses this obsession may be justified. Until then it just feels like we are signing the sort of player that seems all too readily available rather than being what we actually need.

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:22 - Aug 9 with 803 viewsdurham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 19:08 - Aug 9 by wessex_exile

Great spot Wessex

That wasn't even in the Cornish Guardian!

Mousehole smashing little fishing village.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:27 - Aug 9 with 802 viewswessex_exile

Ins, Outs and Maybe's - 2019 on 21:22 - Aug 9 by durham_exile

Great spot Wessex

That wasn't even in the Cornish Guardian!

Mousehole smashing little fishing village.

UTU's

It is that! Stayed there a couple of times, and it is a lovely place!

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024