Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 15:40 - May 9 with 4913 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Bit bored today with weather being so crap here so wondering who we rate is worst and best ever players we have had since the millennium, obviously in natural positions.

I know this has been done before but not to my memory just since 2000.

I never had the honour of seeing big reg etc play so be interested to see who gets named, plus the sick part of my mind likes to remember players I wanted to forget.

Will start with Craig Dawson in best 11 and hope Michael Simpkins was in the 2000’s as he was truely woefully bad.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 15:48 - May 9 with 3717 viewsEllDale

Best manager is a shoe-in for Keith Hill. Perhaps with Steve Parkin as his assistant?
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 18:08 - May 9 with 3531 views1949er

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 15:48 - May 9 by EllDale

Best manager is a shoe-in for Keith Hill. Perhaps with Steve Parkin as his assistant?

Big Reg. Mark Stuart
Mick Docherty (worst)

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 18:29 - May 9 with 3504 viewsSandyman

Best manager - Keith Hill
Worst manager - FRMSE

Best player - Rickie Lambert
Worst player - Michael Simpkins
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 19:20 - May 9 with 3423 viewsrafc1984

Like this, got me thinking

Worst manager - Alan Buckley
Best player - Chris O Grady
Worst player - hard this one but if Chris Lee played this millennium its him, he was utter gash. If someone tells me he was 90s, I'll choose again.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 21:15 - May 9 with 3309 viewsdalebound

worst manager john coleman
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 21:17 - May 9 with 3304 views442Dale

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 19:20 - May 9 by rafc1984

Like this, got me thinking

Worst manager - Alan Buckley
Best player - Chris O Grady
Worst player - hard this one but if Chris Lee played this millennium its him, he was utter gash. If someone tells me he was 90s, I'll choose again.

He left in 1991. The horror of his memory bled through into the next decade.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 21:18 - May 9 with 3296 viewsfitzochris

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 21:15 - May 9 by dalebound

worst manager john coleman

You must’ve started watching Dale when he was manager if that’s the case.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 22:44 - May 9 with 3191 viewssoulboy

Best manager, Keith Hill
Worst manager John Coleman
Best player Ian Henderson
Worst player Mark Bailey
Lets hope if this topic is repeated in a couple of years the best manager will be BBM, no contest!
Login to get fewer ads

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 23:41 - May 9 with 3114 viewsrafc1984

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 21:17 - May 9 by 442Dale

Blimey, time does fly. I'll give it some thought. Quite a few to choose from.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 23:44 - May 9 with 3116 viewsrochdale_ranger

Our best manager goes without saying.
Best player for me was Lambert (Those free kicks, and he ended up at one of the biggest clubs a Dale player has ended up at)

Steve eyre was the worst but he was thrown in at the deep end and it was a bad appointment from the board.
Worst player for me was John boardman or Paul tait.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 07:21 - May 10 with 3033 viewsDareToCalvin

Started watching Dale when I was 4 in 2003 so I don't have too many memories of the days before Keith the first time round.
Best manager: obviously Keith by an absolute landslide and will continue to be unless Brian manages to work absolute miracles (although even if he does this'll be because of the foundations Keith laid for him)
Worst manager: I'd have to say Steve Eyre; a risky appointment from the board and one that really didn't pay off at all
Best player: Although Dawson was just immense and a joy to watch I have to say Scott Hogan, 2013/14 was an absolute pleasure to watch and he just tore up every defence he played against, if he was on form there was no way we weren't going to win; I hope he can follow in his loan club's footsteps and get into the Prem with Villa and force his way back into the first team.
Worst player: In my early days I remember Warren Goodhind being particularly terrible, I think it'd be harsh to include any players whilst we've been in League 1 as that is a higher level to play at. Roland Bergkamp and Liam Dickinson stick out as well.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 07:36 - May 10 with 3021 views1907

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 07:21 - May 10 by DareToCalvin

Started watching Dale when I was 4 in 2003 so I don't have too many memories of the days before Keith the first time round.
Best manager: obviously Keith by an absolute landslide and will continue to be unless Brian manages to work absolute miracles (although even if he does this'll be because of the foundations Keith laid for him)
Worst manager: I'd have to say Steve Eyre; a risky appointment from the board and one that really didn't pay off at all
Best player: Although Dawson was just immense and a joy to watch I have to say Scott Hogan, 2013/14 was an absolute pleasure to watch and he just tore up every defence he played against, if he was on form there was no way we weren't going to win; I hope he can follow in his loan club's footsteps and get into the Prem with Villa and force his way back into the first team.
Worst player: In my early days I remember Warren Goodhind being particularly terrible, I think it'd be harsh to include any players whilst we've been in League 1 as that is a higher level to play at. Roland Bergkamp and Liam Dickinson stick out as well.

Goodhind was fairly decent, wouldn’t say he was terrible.

Trotman, Simpkins, Magnus Norman, Boardman are the stand out nightmares for me.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 08:21 - May 10 with 2974 viewsDareToCalvin

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 07:36 - May 10 by 1907

Crazy to think we actually extended Norman's loan
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 08:57 - May 10 with 2932 viewsflyerdale

Best manager- gobsh! te
Worst manager - Coleman
Best player - Jones, not the most gifted compared to some but played with his heart and soul for the Dale. He only left because of Coleman.
Worst player- Donnelly
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 09:06 - May 10 with 2921 viewsDaleFan7

Best Manager - Hill
Best Player - Dawson

Worst Manager - Buckley
Worst Player - Simpkins
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 09:21 - May 10 with 2889 viewsParkinsGimp

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 08:57 - May 10 by flyerdale

Best manager- gobsh! te
Worst manager - Coleman
Best player - Jones, not the most gifted compared to some but played with his heart and soul for the Dale. He only left because of Coleman.
Worst player- Donnelly

Sorry didnt Jones leave us twice, first time he said he would not play for "this s""T club ever again " if we didnt let him follow his bum chum to Barnsley???
Also in 11 years or so gave us 2.5 good seasons , so cant class him above average. His kicks to touch would of made him a worldy in Rugby Union, and his crab like posture, always able to evade a pass and go hiding in important games...way too much hero worship for a soft T""T
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 09:27 - May 10 with 2877 viewsPotterDale

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 15:48 - May 9 by EllDale

Spot on with the Manager, absolutely no way for the second sentence. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO

NO

NO

NO
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 09:59 - May 10 with 2829 views1907

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 09:21 - May 10 by ParkinsGimp

Sorry didnt Jones leave us twice, first time he said he would not play for "this s""T club ever again " if we didnt let him follow his bum chum to Barnsley???
Also in 11 years or so gave us 2.5 good seasons , so cant class him above average. His kicks to touch would of made him a worldy in Rugby Union, and his crab like posture, always able to evade a pass and go hiding in important games...way too much hero worship for a soft T""T

You’ve posted some nonsense on here over the years but that crowns it.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 10:01 - May 10 with 2825 viewsjoecooke

Best Manager- Hill

Worst Manger-Eyre

Best Player-Dawson

Worst Player- Simon Davies

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 10:31 - May 10 with 2778 viewsdawlishdale

Best player: COG
Honourable mentions for : Lambert, Holt and Paddy.

Worst Player: Simpkins. Staggeringly bad.
Special mentions for : Donnelly, Craig Curran and Paul Tait.

Best Manager: Hill
Special mentions for: Parkins first spell and John Hollins.

Worst Manager: Tie between Alan Buckley and Steve Eyre.
Special mentions to Paul Simpson. One of our top 10 players, but woefully let down by his ego and his assistant whilst Manager.
Also, Parkins second spell demonstrates what happens when you lose focus. Went from hero to zero.

Thank god it was limited to after 2000.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 13:01 - May 10 with 2649 viewsboromat

Best Manager: Keith Hill
Worst Manager: Graham Barrow

Best Player: Jamie Allen
Worst Player: Jason Lydiate

Top 5 Dale Legends
Gary Jones
Ian Henderson
Steve Whitehall
Neil Edwards
Joe Thompson

My 11 (Not the best but my favourite players based on a 442)

------------------------------Ian Gray
Wayne Evans Craig Dawson Alan Johnson Jason Peake
Dave Thompson Gary Jones Jamie Allen Paddy McCourt
-----------------------Scott Hogan Holty

Also it's going to be a long summer if this thread has started already

Edit: Just realised I completely ignored the 2000.
[Post edited 10 May 2019 13:02]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 14:12 - May 10 with 2570 viewsfunkkk

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 07:36 - May 10 by 1907

Yeah, seems like a life time ago but don't remember Goodhind even getting much of a chance? We've had far worse who have played a lot more than him.
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 14:45 - May 10 with 2521 viewsMIlnrowdale

Worst Jon boardman, he was that awful he made simpkins look slightly decent
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 15:10 - May 10 with 2491 viewsEllDale

There were some shockers inbetween Hill's first and second spells.

Ian Craney
Marcus Homer-Barnes or whatever his name was
Roland Bergkamp
Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 16:47 - May 10 with 2419 viewsDevonDale

Worst and best ever 11 and manager - since 2000 on 21:17 - May 9 by 442Dale

He only got in the team because his dad was assistant manger
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024