Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Form an orderly queue... 15:57 - May 9 with 1140 viewsLeadbelly

...as I think there may be a lot of people wanting to argue with McGreal.

www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/17625869.colchester-united-boss-john-mcgreal-delighted-with-teams-efforts/

One assumes this "brilliant" season will not have gone unnoticed elsewhere. I'm sure the chairman is already fielding calls from other clubs keen to secure the services of a manager such as JM.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Form an orderly queue... on 16:44 - May 9 with 1127 viewsgerry_us

You couldn't make it up. That man is in cloud cuckoo land.
Form an orderly queue... on 17:08 - May 9 with 1122 viewsFruitbat

I'll pick up on the "we won 20 games" aspect. We did and that's impressive but so did all of the play-off sides. We also lost 16, more than any of the four sides immediately above us.

It was a good season up until Christmas but, last two games notwithstanding, a pretty poor one thereafter.
Form an orderly queue... on 17:15 - May 9 with 1121 viewsMoor_Pinot

Form an orderly queue... on 17:08 - May 9 by Fruitbat

I'll pick up on the "we won 20 games" aspect. We did and that's impressive but so did all of the play-off sides. We also lost 16, more than any of the four sides immediately above us.

It was a good season up until Christmas but, last two games notwithstanding, a pretty poor one thereafter.

Absolutely speechless. When I was in the fourth form at school in Braintree we had words for people like this man. More proof that the role is palpably and by some distance.....beyond him.

Factor in the defeats in the league Cup, the FACup and that other one Fruitbat I suspect we lost more than we won this year exactly as we did last.

I need to open a bottle.

Moor Pinot

Form an orderly queue... on 20:38 - May 9 with 1091 viewsLeadbelly

Form an orderly queue... on 17:15 - May 9 by Moor_Pinot

Absolutely speechless. When I was in the fourth form at school in Braintree we had words for people like this man. More proof that the role is palpably and by some distance.....beyond him.

Factor in the defeats in the league Cup, the FACup and that other one Fruitbat I suspect we lost more than we won this year exactly as we did last.

I need to open a bottle.

We lost in the first round of the FA Cup and League Cup and lost two out of three games in the Chuckaturd. Twenty one wins to twenty losses. Does that justify the use of “brilliant”?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Form an orderly queue... on 08:48 - May 10 with 1046 viewsthrillseeker

I gave up arguing years ago as it does no good.

At what level of expectation does he commence with to quaify a success - finishing 22nd or above?
[Post edited 10 May 2019 8:52]
Form an orderly queue... on 22:01 - May 10 with 997 viewsGOSBTS

Whilst McGreal understandably appears to be defending his team, in the process he is devaluing them by effectively arguing that there are seven teams whose players are better than his. Which is untrue as this bunch were more than capable enough for a playoff place.

Also, a 3-4 month downward spiral can't be quantified as a "blip".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024