Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Stripes 06:47 - May 22 with 710 viewsbwildered

U's shirt, your favourites ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Top Stripes on 07:25 - May 22 with 705 viewswessex_exile

I grew up watching the U’s in the 70s, so any of the long sleeve narrower striped shirts from that era would be my favourite. Of the ‘modern’ shirts, probably the Tiptree shirt.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Colchester_United/Colchester_United.htm

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Top Stripes on 07:56 - May 22 with 696 viewsFruitbat

Probably the conference winning one with the slightly thinner stripes and the white sleeves, although I think it might have looked better paired with white shorts. I do like a kit with white shorts.

Beyond that, any stripey shirt with stripes on the BACK! I fail to understand why we can't have them, many other clubs do.

Thought that both of this season's kits were pretty horrible, the "fuzzy" effect stripes really didn't do it for me and the black thing was an abomination. Hopefully they both get binned this summer.
Top Stripes on 13:47 - May 22 with 676 viewsMoor_Pinot

Top Stripes on 07:25 - May 22 by wessex_exile

I grew up watching the U’s in the 70s, so any of the long sleeve narrower striped shirts from that era would be my favourite. Of the ‘modern’ shirts, probably the Tiptree shirt.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Colchester_United/Colchester_United.htm

I'm even older Wessex so prefer the strip from 66-67 season when it was as I see it the correct blue - ie Royal blue. These days we use an insipid washed out blue. Otherwise I liked the shirts from 2004-5 & 2017-18 as they were the correct blue as well, albeit with the wider current stripes. Hated it when we had blue shorts as that was never a Colchester strip - bit like when we went all white or all blue, caused a lot of dissatisfaction! The Tiptree one is quite OK too.

Moor Pinot

Top Stripes on 16:11 - May 22 with 662 viewsburnsieespana

Yep like Pinault I am older than Wessex first watching U's in 1956.
Had not realized we have had so many strips but odd as it may seem the current one is my favourite mainly because of the blue strip on the shorts which I feel ties shirt, shorts and socks together very well.
Top Stripes on 06:10 - May 25 with 599 viewsnoah4x4

It's all about leisure wear.

Except on a match day, no fashion conscious individual would ever wear the kit of past generations. However, the current away Black/camouflage is a good example of a shirt to be seen in. Being of an older generation, you still won't see me in the pub wearing it except on a Saturday, but retail sales are so important that designs for leisure wear will now over shadow traditional stripes.
Top Stripes on 23:27 - May 25 with 561 viewsoxfcolu

I fit somewhere inbetween on the age front. My first memory of the shirt is 1971 of course the year Colchester United went on the mainstream football radar. This was my first year of being taken to watch them, so to me it's royal blue without the stripes.😀.On another point never forget the local derby that year on a cold Monday evening in the Autumn. We best Southend by a single goal with about 10 mins left. There was 11,000 fans there that night.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024