Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players out 19:47 - May 30 with 10644 viewsisitme

With finances being tight and most of the players out of contract being offered new deals there appear to be little scope to make many signing, unless some of those who are currently under contract are moved on. Any ideas who might, or who you would like to go?

Gilliam does not look to have developed over the past two seasons and probably needs a couple of seasons of non league football. Tavares could probably fill his role as the development forward who could appear in the Checkatrade games and at a push spot bench duty.

With McNulty and possibly Nithle we could have too many left sided centre backs which could see Delaney as the odd man out. After a half decent first season he looked okay, but his performance last year left a lot to be desired. Maybe a bit of time out of the starting line up and a good preseason could see him build up his confidence and form.

This brings me onto Andrew, who will run through a brick wall, but is just not enough of a goal threat. He is rumoured to be on a decent wage, which could be useful for a different type of forward, unless he is being reinvented as another left sided defender!

The only player who might bring in some money would be Camps. The quality is there for him to play at a higher level, but again he was someone who appeared to stagnate under Hill. Would a club higher up the food chain be prepared to shell out a fee and sign him?
Players out on 16:04 - May 31 with 2639 viewsJames1980

Players out on 15:49 - May 31 by sykeboy

I’m a out of towner and was charged £2.50 to renew over the phone and £3 to receive my ticket by post , very disappointing Dave👎

So a total of £5.50 what would it have cost you to go to the ticket office in transport and your valuable time?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Players out on 16:08 - May 31 with 2629 viewsisitme

Players out on 15:55 - May 31 by KenBoon

Does anyone know if they charge the £2.50 for in-person sales (when paying with either card or cash)?

They didn't when I bought mine.
Players out on 16:12 - May 31 with 2612 viewssykeboy

Players out on 16:04 - May 31 by James1980

So a total of £5.50 what would it have cost you to go to the ticket office in transport and your valuable time?

And your point is? What’s the difference in giving my card details over the phone or at the the ticket office window?
Players out on 16:27 - May 31 with 2561 viewsJames1980

Players out on 16:12 - May 31 by sykeboy

And your point is? What’s the difference in giving my card details over the phone or at the the ticket office window?

But in the scheme of things you are still quids in compared to anyone who has had to spend more than £5.50 getting to the ticket office to purchase in person. Also it won't be all profit for the club.

Players out on 16:27 - May 31 with 2562 views442Dale

No matter what personal opinions are, the fact is the situation around charges that were mentioned in the post by DaleiLama (full details here https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/04/meeting-with-the-club-season-tickets/ ) needs clarifying by the Trust/Club if what was said in that report isn’t actually happening yet. That clarification will presumably see an explanation around any possible problems that may have developed since then that we are not aware of.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players out on 16:37 - May 31 with 2519 viewsDaleiLama

Does anyone know if they charge the £2.50 for in-person sales (when paying with either card or cash)?

They do not. I actually only had to go abt 3 miles out of my way so it was worth it for me to avoid the charge. And the amount of the charge isn't the issue for me - it's the charge itself. Compounded by the broken promise.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 16:40]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Players out on 16:40 - May 31 with 2509 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 15:32 - May 31 by KenBoon

"rip-off scandal"?
My actual quote:
"Maybe that's why fans are being ripped off again with so-called booking fees when using online ticketing"
Get a job at buzzfeed.

The cost of the product is meaningless. I was talking about booking fees being a rip-off. You should not be charged for booking. I think you quite understand I was quoting the price of an adult/senior in one stand. I could go through each stand at each age range but that'd be a waste of everyone's time (this conversation is a total waste of time tbh). If you have an issue with the term "rip-off" then we can go with unfair, unjustifiable, unnecessary, misleading (its not advertised) but tbh you knew what I meant.

I have an issue with you using the term "rip-off" in connection with buying an ST online, which your post doesn't specify but is certainly included in "online ticketing"

And i don't need a shite job to understand the English language, or to understand that you like making "rip-off scandal" posts

Waste more of your time disagreeing if you choose

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players out on 16:47 - May 31 with 2475 viewssykeboy

Players out on 16:27 - May 31 by James1980

But in the scheme of things you are still quids in compared to anyone who has had to spend more than £5.50 getting to the ticket office to purchase in person. Also it won't be all profit for the club.

Good to know I’m quids in , or has the club squeezed another few quid out of a fan of 50 years? The answer to the change in charging for phone and online renewals will be interesting, a small charge for postage I can sort of understand although my Wycombe tickets for being moved were posted FOC
Login to get fewer ads

Players out on 16:47 - May 31 with 2473 viewsKenBoon

I know £2.50 in £200 (or £150 or £250) might seem picky (its not) but there's a bigger issue here. Next season match day purchase prices will increase either £3 or £5 depending on the category of the game. Personally I don't have an issue with this (I know many will) but the club have to go above and beyond to make getting tickets before the day of the game painless AND ensuring the discount applies in full. Getting to the club during work hours would be near impossible for some folk (and expensive). If the club were to charge a so-called booking fee for telephone and internet sales then it's basically just an admission increase. You could buy a ticket for the next game on a match day, but many folk won't know if they can make a game. I figure this gate price increase is to push season tickets, but some folk simply either don't want or cannot afford one and this isn't fair on them.

Or of course they could not put a so-called booking fee onto ticket sales.
Players out on 16:49 - May 31 with 2462 viewsKenBoon

Players out on 16:40 - May 31 by D_Alien

I have an issue with you using the term "rip-off" in connection with buying an ST online, which your post doesn't specify but is certainly included in "online ticketing"

And i don't need a shite job to understand the English language, or to understand that you like making "rip-off scandal" posts

fair dos.
Players out on 17:31 - May 31 with 2366 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 16:47 - May 31 by KenBoon

I know £2.50 in £200 (or £150 or £250) might seem picky (its not) but there's a bigger issue here. Next season match day purchase prices will increase either £3 or £5 depending on the category of the game. Personally I don't have an issue with this (I know many will) but the club have to go above and beyond to make getting tickets before the day of the game painless AND ensuring the discount applies in full. Getting to the club during work hours would be near impossible for some folk (and expensive). If the club were to charge a so-called booking fee for telephone and internet sales then it's basically just an admission increase. You could buy a ticket for the next game on a match day, but many folk won't know if they can make a game. I figure this gate price increase is to push season tickets, but some folk simply either don't want or cannot afford one and this isn't fair on them.

Or of course they could not put a so-called booking fee onto ticket sales.

Spot on about the increase in individual matchday prices, something the club will need to rethink at some stage. In addition to occasional Daleys, there's plenty of people who support other clubs locally who come to the occasional COA fixture, especially the type of fixture that'll incur the additional £5. I suspect that'll be more expensive to the club not just in terms of lost income, but general goodwill

Players out on 18:02 - May 31 with 2287 viewsJames1980

Back to the subject of players. If one out of contract signs for another club in L1 or CShip and is not likely to feature in the squad straight away. Perhaps Dale could loan that player back so they get game time.

Players out on 18:10 - May 31 with 2276 viewsTVOS1907

Players out on 18:02 - May 31 by James1980

Back to the subject of players. If one out of contract signs for another club in L1 or CShip and is not likely to feature in the squad straight away. Perhaps Dale could loan that player back so they get game time.

Why?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players out on 18:17 - May 31 with 2250 viewsJames1980

Players out on 18:10 - May 31 by TVOS1907

Why?

If they have been a good custodian for the club and performed well but Dale are unable to pay the wages another club can pay, yet said player is better than any the club can afford to give a contract. They would know the club, the new club has a player who stays match sharp. I believe buy and loan back is not unheard of, so we not sign on free and loan to previous club?

Players out on 19:20 - May 31 with 2182 viewsCleedale

...anyways...back on track - could talk about Rip-Off-Britain longer than the bury thread - we're all paying extras everywhere for just about everything to folk who don't do owt; really.

Re-the squad...tis a tad worrying and do wonder how we can keep relying on Hendo for quick feet, vision and natural goal-scoring ability. I'd like to think we might be able to see some of the youngsters come up to speed.

Failing that, it could be another toughie. It seems that era of digging out Rough Diamonds is getting harder and harder to mine - and find.

Let's hope BBM can make a few decent signings. Being down the food chain aint easy but we've done it before.
Players out on 20:21 - May 31 with 2090 viewspnc4eva1

Personally think Calvin should play at centre galf

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Players out on 20:45 - May 31 with 2062 viewsBrierls

Players out on 16:40 - May 31 by D_Alien

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/a-versus-an

* If we’re picking people up on understanding the English language.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 20:46]
Players out on 21:57 - May 31 with 1947 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 20:45 - May 31 by Brierls

Good point, it's something i usually take the trouble to get right (and did so earlier in the thread) but it's easily done!

Players out on 22:20 - May 31 with 1895 viewsTVOS1907

Players out on 18:17 - May 31 by James1980

If they have been a good custodian for the club and performed well but Dale are unable to pay the wages another club can pay, yet said player is better than any the club can afford to give a contract. They would know the club, the new club has a player who stays match sharp. I believe buy and loan back is not unheard of, so we not sign on free and loan to previous club?

It’s very rare and usually only for exceptional players, like Craig Dawson.

Players out on 22:26 - May 31 with 1887 viewsTVOS1907

Players out on 20:45 - May 31 by Brierls

For a moment I thought Tazzy had hacked into D_Alien’s account...
[Post edited 31 May 2019 22:27]

Players out on 22:36 - May 31 with 1867 viewsD_Alien

Players out on 22:26 - May 31 by TVOS1907

For a moment I thought Tazzy had hacked into D_Alien’s account...
[Post edited 31 May 2019 22:27]

Must think i give good pointy head

Players out on 07:08 - Jun 1 with 1734 viewsDalenet

No they don't Ken. I agree with you. Charging extra for those that live out of town and can't get to Spotland to renew their ticket is a disgrace. They should never have been allowed to delay selling tickets until after the last game. I am really angry about that and I don't like the prejudice shown towards fans that don't live in the town. The Trust did post on here that they would try to address this and get some clarity. These are issues that I had hoped the Trust with the special relationship they have with the CEO would be addressing and get sorted. At best the club will earn a few hundred quid but achieve a lot of ill feeling.
Players out on 11:35 - Jun 1 with 1619 viewssykeboy

Players out on 07:08 - Jun 1 by Dalenet

No they don't Ken. I agree with you. Charging extra for those that live out of town and can't get to Spotland to renew their ticket is a disgrace. They should never have been allowed to delay selling tickets until after the last game. I am really angry about that and I don't like the prejudice shown towards fans that don't live in the town. The Trust did post on here that they would try to address this and get some clarity. These are issues that I had hoped the Trust with the special relationship they have with the CEO would be addressing and get sorted. At best the club will earn a few hundred quid but achieve a lot of ill feeling.

Exactly
Players out on 21:36 - Jun 4 with 1393 views442Dale

Any updates on this from anyone who contacted the club?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players out on 22:34 - Jun 4 with 1280 viewsDaleiLama

Players out on 21:36 - Jun 4 by 442Dale

Any updates on this from anyone who contacted the club?

Most of the STs will have been sold soon. No doubt when all the charges have been collected, retrospective fudge will be forthcoming. Cynical moi?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024