Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baseball - first time- love it 12:13 - Jun 3 with 495 viewsnoah4x4

Last night watched Yankees v Red Sox (Live) and it counts as one of the most thrilling nights of sporting entertainment I have witnessed, even better than the boxing at MSG (which was marred by 1-25 odds on favourite Joshua not turning up).

Hadn't a clue what was going on for first innings where it looked to me like low scoring rounders, then some charming people took the trouble to explain stuff. By the third innings we were addicted. Having watched Baseball before on Sky, my opinion is that TV can't do justice to this sport. Will be first in the queue for tickets when they repeat this fixture in London.

The Americans have also now embraced the craft beer culture. Have had no difficulty in finding some outstanding porters, ambers and blondes. That will be our main focus today. Now planning our next jolly boys outing. None of us have seen Sumo Wrestling.......
Baseball - first time- love it on 12:20 - Jun 3 with 484 viewsLeadbelly

Hope you are now supporting the Red Sox! There will be at least two Us fans at Fenway on Friday.

Tickets for the two games in London sold out very quickly but I did manage to buy two for the second game. It will be my first game in the flesh. Can’t wait.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Baseball - first time- love it on 13:28 - Jun 3 with 476 viewsgerry_us

Baseball - first time- love it on 12:20 - Jun 3 by Leadbelly

Hope you are now supporting the Red Sox! There will be at least two Us fans at Fenway on Friday.

Tickets for the two games in London sold out very quickly but I did manage to buy two for the second game. It will be my first game in the flesh. Can’t wait.

Sorry LB but during my extended stay in Minneapolis Minnesota got very involved in "rounders"....sorry, baseball and visited the local team's games Minnesota Twin many times. Have followed them ever since and this season they are having a stormer of a season. Look at the leagues. Nailed on for the "Superb Owl" later in the season?
Baseball - first time- love it on 14:26 - Jun 3 with 473 viewsLeadbelly

Baseball - first time- love it on 13:28 - Jun 3 by gerry_us

Sorry LB but during my extended stay in Minneapolis Minnesota got very involved in "rounders"....sorry, baseball and visited the local team's games Minnesota Twin many times. Have followed them ever since and this season they are having a stormer of a season. Look at the leagues. Nailed on for the "Superb Owl" later in the season?

Perfectly alright dear boy. I have a soft spot for the Twins as they’ve borrowed “Marching on together” from Leeds Utd, substituting “Twins, Twins, Twins” for “Leeds, Leeds, Leeds” at the appropriate moments of the chorus.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024