Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
They think it's all over... 18:57 - Jun 23 with 594 viewsgerry_us

It is now...football as we knew it.
Just watched England v Macaroons. What a disaster totally ruined by delays for VAR. What happened to the prime rule of football, the referees decision is final..huh.
Accept that VAR can be used for obvious mistakes but when they use it and even the TV commentator suggests than an obvious penalty to England will probably be turned down as it would cause massive problems on the field. And the tackle 8 minutes into injury time? Red card every time without the use of six different TV views.
Today made me think if it is worth watching further games that is now totally controlled by invisible people hidden away in TV cabins uninterested in any emphasis on the game to a decision they take ...allegedly on behalf of the referee.
They think it's all over... on 20:16 - Jun 23 with 582 viewsdurham_exile

Gerry I didn't watch it today, saw some of the earlier group matches.

Standard of refereeing generally abysmal. VAR delays far too long.

Cameroon were appalling in their disputing of decisions and the referees inability to discipline them after they decided that they didn't wish to play on.

They didn't even swap shirts at the end of the game!!

UTU's

Durham_exile

They think it's all over... on 21:45 - Jun 23 with 565 viewsmfb_cufc

I totally agree Gerry. VAR is totally ruining the game. Just watching the France v Brazil game. Brazil just scored but it was ruled out for offside in the build up. After VAR checked it the goal was given because it was not offside. If the ref was doing her job she would have blown for offside straight away, and it wouldn't been possible for a goal to be scored. Thought VAR was supposed to only be used to see if the goalscorer was offside.

mfb

They think it's all over... on 22:25 - Jun 23 with 554 viewsgerry_us

They think it's all over... on 21:45 - Jun 23 by mfb_cufc

I totally agree Gerry. VAR is totally ruining the game. Just watching the France v Brazil game. Brazil just scored but it was ruled out for offside in the build up. After VAR checked it the goal was given because it was not offside. If the ref was doing her job she would have blown for offside straight away, and it wouldn't been possible for a goal to be scored. Thought VAR was supposed to only be used to see if the goalscorer was offside.

Nothing wrong with France headed goal either.
If they use VAR in Premiership next season home supporters will be lucky even to get home for late supper...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024