Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Today? 08:00 - Jun 26 with 20184 viewsisitme

With Rathbone on Monday and Done on Tuesday, which player will be announced as signing their contract extension today? I am going for Wilbraham on a one year deal.

It appears that these extensions are being drip fed up until the early bird season ticket deadline on Sunday in an attempt to 'drum up interest'.

Who Today? on 22:12 - Jul 1 with 3513 viewsjudd

Who Today? on 22:03 - Jul 1 by Shun

Looking at the training gallery made me realise that, at least in terms of numbers, the squad actually isn't in as bad shape as I thought it was.

Lillis, Wade

McLaughlin, Matheson, McNulty, Delaney, MJWilliams

Camps, Rathbone, Morley, Dooley, Keohane, Hopper, Bradley

Henderson, Done, Andrew, Gillam, Wilbraham, Tavares

Obviously the big warning signs there are no LB at all (pls no Done) and lack of quality in central defence. Losing EEL, Nthle and Bunney means we've lost 3 of the back 5 that proved so successful in the last few months of the season.

With 6 forwards fighting it out for 2/3 places (and one of those nailed on to play every game when fit) I can't see any more recruits up front, at least not permanently.

There were 3 keepers training on Saturday morning

Poll: What is it to be then?

Who Today? on 22:17 - Jul 1 with 3480 viewsShun

Who Today? on 22:12 - Jul 1 by judd

Mystery keeper!
Who Today? on 22:19 - Jul 1 with 3464 viewsboromat

Who Today? on 22:12 - Jul 1 by judd

Youth team keeper?

With Matheson being involved likely there are other youth team players being integrated.

CB, LB, CM, ST they're the four key positions I see that need a quality addition, although it depends how we want to play and set up we don't really have any true wide players do we?!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Who Today? on 22:33 - Jul 1 with 3387 viewsjudd

Who Today? on 22:17 - Jul 1 by Shun

Mystery keeper!

He certainly looked older than a youth teamer

Who Today? on 22:44 - Jul 1 with 3340 viewsswindondale

Who Today? on 22:33 - Jul 1 by judd

He certainly looked older than a youth teamer

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet">

👐 Josh Lillis, <a href=" @brad_wade10</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://twitter.com/brad_wade10?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@brad_wade10</a> & the Youth Team’s Morgan Piper are out on the grass & going through their warm up routine. <br><br>Welcome back, lads! 🙌<a href=" #RAFC</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://twitter.com/hashtag/RAFC?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RAFC</a> <a href=" pic.twitter.com/VP7IkSlqx1</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://t.co/VP7IkSlqx1">pic.twitter.com/VP7IkSlqx1</a>

– Rochdale AFC (@officiallydale) <a href="
27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src=" https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> My attempt to post from Twitter pretty much failed. Anyway seems it was Morgan Piper from the Youth Team.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 22:46]
Who Today? on 22:46 - Jul 1 with 3318 viewsjudd

Who Today? on 22:44 - Jul 1 by swindondale

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet">

👐 Josh Lillis, <a href=" @brad_wade10</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://twitter.com/brad_wade10?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@brad_wade10</a> & the Youth Team’s Morgan Piper are out on the grass & going through their warm up routine. <br><br>Welcome back, lads! 🙌<a href=" #RAFC</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://twitter.com/hashtag/RAFC?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#RAFC</a> <a href=" pic.twitter.com/VP7IkSlqx1</a>" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" title="Do you trust this link?">https://t.co/VP7IkSlqx1">pic.twitter.com/VP7IkSlqx1</a>

– Rochdale AFC (@officiallydale) <a href="
27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src=" https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> My attempt to post from Twitter pretty much failed. Anyway seems it was Morgan Piper from the Youth Team.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 22:46]

Fair enough, he'd get served in my local😁

Who Today? on 07:24 - Jul 2 with 3036 viewsfitzochris

Looking at the training gallery made me realise that, at least in terms of numbers, the squad actually isn't in as bad shape as I thought it was.

Lillis, Wade

Obviously the big warning signs there are no LB at all (pls no Done) and lack of quality in central defence. Losing EEL, Nthle and Bunney means we've lost 3 of the back 5 that proved so successful in the last few months of the season.

With 6 forwards fighting it out for 2/3 places (and one of those nailed on to play every game when fit) I can't see any more recruits up front, at least not permanently.

But looking at that list of forwards, who can be relied upon consistently for goals other than Henderson? Done can certainly get some, but I think another option is needed.

Again, there are still too many players in that number attached to two poor seasons. That’s where BBM’ management will come in, I guess. Keohane will be used to plug gaps too, no doubt.

But yeah, that defence looks under strength to me and the midfield lacks an experienced head. I fully imagine the completely void left-back position, and others, will be filled in the coming days, however.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Who Today? on 09:41 - Jul 2 with 2838 viewselectricblue

Wonder if Zack Clough will be back on loan!
Now if he is fit he may be an option....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Who Today? on 09:44 - Jul 2 with 2828 viewsblackdogblue

Who Today? on 09:41 - Jul 2 by electricblue

Wonder if Zack Clough will be back on loan!
Now if he is fit he may be an option....

Why not? He has a name plaque on the bench he spent that much time on it last year!

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Who Today? on 10:15 - Jul 2 with 2731 viewsBainesy15

Who Today? on 16:09 - Jun 29 by judd

Kgosi gone to Scunthorpe

Is this official?
Who Today? on 10:34 - Jul 2 with 2670 viewsjudd

Who Today? on 10:15 - Jul 2 by Bainesy15

Is this official?

I have since heard Doncaster.

Who Today? on 10:36 - Jul 2 with 2665 viewsScunnydale

Who Today? on 10:34 - Jul 2 by judd

So it's still Ntlhe?
Who Today? on 11:48 - Jul 2 with 2535 viewsonedalefan

Who Today? on 10:34 - Jul 2 by judd

Could be either. They are both training in La Manga, Spain so he could swap between them and see which one he likes.
Who Today? on 11:50 - Jul 2 with 2523 viewsD_Alien

Who Today? on 11:48 - Jul 2 by onedalefan

Could be either. They are both training in La Manga, Spain so he could swap between them and see which one he likes.

If so, he'd be well advised to take his passport with him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Who Today? on 12:53 - Jul 2 with 2390 viewsboromat

Lillis, Wade

If you take out the youngsters that probably aren't ready yet

Lillis
McLaughlin, McNulty, Delaney, MJWilliams
Camps, Rathbone, Morley, Dooley, Keohane
Henderson, Done, Andrew, Gillam, Wilbraham

Then take out the players that are yet to prove themselves as first team regulars and you could argue a few more could be taken out than those that I have removed. (MJ, Delaney, Dooley??)

Lillis
McLaughlin, McNulty, Delaney, MJWilliams
Camps, Rathbone, Dooley
Henderson, Done, Andrew, Wilbraham

Then it doesn't look anywhere near as good.As well as looking to bring in some quality in a few areas I think we're really hoping some players come good that haven't so far. If they don't we'll be reliant on the loan market.

Who Today? on 13:05 - Jul 2 with 2340 viewselectricblue

Looking at the current squad the defence needs a couple of signing at least...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Who Today? on 21:54 - Jul 2 with 2100 viewsboromat

Not today but 3rd October according to Wikipedia is Luke Mathesons 17th hopefully he'll sign his pro contract with us. Maybe he'll be more involved this year than we think.

Who Today? on 17:09 - Jul 3 with 1859 viewsaleanddale

Any more incoming pre Portugal?

Hope we have a late announcement today or tomorrow we are still light on numbers.
Who Today? on 17:30 - Jul 3 with 1785 viewsjoecooke

Who Today? on 21:54 - Jul 2 by boromat

Not today but 3rd October according to Wikipedia is Luke Mathesons 17th hopefully he'll sign his pro contract with us. Maybe he'll be more involved this year than we think.

Looks a good talent but will need to fill out a bit in my opinion

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Who Today? on 18:01 - Jul 3 with 1684 views1907

Pyke!
Who Today? on 18:11 - Jul 3 with 1607 viewsblackdogblue

Who Today? on 18:01 - Jul 3 by 1907

Pyke!

Could have been worse, a bunny not a fish 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Who Today? on 18:37 - Jul 3 with 1485 viewsmacro

Obvious that some defensive reinforcement is needed
Who Today? on 19:11 - Jul 3 with 1319 viewsYorkshire_Dale

If Rekeil Pyke has been with the Terriers for ten years he can't be a duffer.....but his loan with us last season was n't exactly sparkling although he did have an injury....let's hope he get's loads of game time and really comes good quickly with a decent pre-season.
Who Today? on 19:25 - Jul 3 with 1265 viewsboromat

Obviously made a good impression last time out so that's good enough for me. Hope he can now get some fitness and show it on the pitch.

Who Today? on 19:30 - Jul 3 with 1244 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Who Today? on 19:25 - Jul 3 by boromat

Obviously made a good impression last time out so that's good enough for me. Hope he can now get some fitness and show it on the pitch.

Is pyke confirmed?

Can’t see any more forwards if this is the case.

6/7 strikers is enough, even with levels of versatility of some.

Another battling midfielder and a centre back is probably going to be it I would say!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024