Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is that it? 13:50 - Jul 4 with 13043 viewsisitme

With the recent signings is that it, or is there more room in the budget?

Personally I would like some defensive cover (ideally someone who could fill in at both full back positions) and an experienced holding midfielder. I think we are well/overstocked in terms of numbers in the forward positions.
Is that it? on 15:40 - Jul 5 with 4365 viewsDale27

Is that it? on 15:28 - Jul 5 by boromat

With both of those players it depends which version you get.

Dawson has struggled with injury and isn't getting younger.

Bunn has always flattered to deceive and I may be wrong but when he was at Dale last time he thought he was far better than he was. Hopefully he's grown up but I haven't been impressed by his performances against Dale in the last few years.

Reading between the lines, it looks like it's Adam Thompson
Is that it? on 15:52 - Jul 5 with 4308 viewsEllDale

Would be happy with that looking at his form last season.
Is that it? on 16:13 - Jul 5 with 4228 views1907

Is that it? on 15:40 - Jul 5 by Dale27

Reading between the lines, it looks like it's Adam Thompson

Who’s he then?
Is that it? on 16:21 - Jul 5 with 4199 viewsisitme

Is that it? on 16:13 - Jul 5 by 1907

Who’s he then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Thompson

Google is your friend!

In all seriousness I would rather have a holding midfielder than another centre back, unless BBM is planning to play 352 , and he sees Williams as the holding midfielder option.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2019 16:29]
Is that it? on 16:27 - Jul 5 with 4166 viewsEllDale

That's where Williams was playing towards the end of last season and looking quite accomplished imho.
Is that it? on 16:32 - Jul 5 with 4146 viewsisitme

Is that it? on 16:27 - Jul 5 by EllDale

That's where Williams was playing towards the end of last season and looking quite accomplished imho.

He his a decent distributor of the ball and offers a physical presence, both key attributes for the position. I just feel he lacks the mobility for that role.

At the moment I see him as someone who can cover centre half or midfield and wouldn't be looking for him as a long term starter, although hopefully he will and play brilliantly!
Is that it? on 17:14 - Jul 5 with 4069 views1907

Is that it? on 16:21 - Jul 5 by isitme

Google is your friend!

In all seriousness I would rather have a holding midfielder than another centre back, unless BBM is planning to play 352 , and he sees Williams as the holding midfielder option.

Irish. Must be him.
Is that it? on 18:37 - Jul 5 with 3904 views442Dale

Is that it? on 16:21 - Jul 5 by isitme

Google is your friend!

O’Connell could play the holding midfielder role, in fact it was a bit of a surprise it wasn’t mentioned when he signed.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Is that it? on 17:40 - Jul 6 with 3573 viewsChaffRAFC

The loss of Ntlhe means another centre back is a must in my opinion. McNulty did well at the back end of the season but was poor overall and the other option is Delaney who was awful.

A centre back partnership of Thompson and O'Connell would be a big improvement and allows you to stick a third in there in either Delaney or McNulty.

I do however, agree that a defensive midfielder is essential as well but Dawson isn't the answer. MJ Williams is a decent player but we didn't trust him in that role for much of last season and although I'd be OK with him there, another addition would be very welcome. The last thing we need is to stick Camps there as well, he's not defensive and is so much more effective 30 yards further forward.

Thompson, in my opinion would be a very good signing along with O'Connell.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Is that it? on 18:38 - Jul 6 with 3472 viewssoulboy

Is that it? on 17:40 - Jul 6 by ChaffRAFC

The loss of Ntlhe means another centre back is a must in my opinion. McNulty did well at the back end of the season but was poor overall and the other option is Delaney who was awful.

A centre back partnership of Thompson and O'Connell would be a big improvement and allows you to stick a third in there in either Delaney or McNulty.

I do however, agree that a defensive midfielder is essential as well but Dawson isn't the answer. MJ Williams is a decent player but we didn't trust him in that role for much of last season and although I'd be OK with him there, another addition would be very welcome. The last thing we need is to stick Camps there as well, he's not defensive and is so much more effective 30 yards further forward.

Thompson, in my opinion would be a very good signing along with O'Connell.

Perhaps BBM sees Calvin as a central defender now.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 18:42]
Is that it? on 13:33 - Jul 8 with 3178 viewsParkinsGimp

Is that it? on 18:37 - Jul 5 by 442Dale

O’Connell could play the holding midfielder role, in fact it was a bit of a surprise it wasn’t mentioned when he signed.

Both him and Thompson are poor aquisitions.
Not enthused I'm afraid
Is that it? on 13:39 - Jul 8 with 3145 viewsTVOS1907

Is that it? on 13:33 - Jul 8 by ParkinsGimp

Not enthused I'm afraid

Of course. Why didn't we bid for Craig Dawson?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Is that it? on 13:53 - Jul 8 with 3098 viewsrichfoad32

Is that it? on 18:38 - Jul 6 by soulboy

Perhaps BBM sees Calvin as a central defender now.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2019 18:42]

Why would he? Is there any indication that Calvin has any aptitude for the position, other than being useful at set pieces and in the last five minutes when the oppo are slinging desperation balls into the box?
Is that it? on 13:59 - Jul 8 with 3058 viewsJames1980

Is that it? on 13:39 - Jul 8 by TVOS1907

Of course. Why didn't we bid for Craig Dawson?

We could have waived the sell on clause and got a discount.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is that it? on 14:34 - Jul 8 with 2976 viewssoulboy

Is that it? on 13:53 - Jul 8 by richfoad32

Why would he? Is there any indication that Calvin has any aptitude for the position, other than being useful at set pieces and in the last five minutes when the oppo are slinging desperation balls into the box?

Dean Walling was very similar to CA, not a goal scorer when he was signed as a forward, then initially an effective defender when it mattered, before going on to become a decent centre half.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 17:22]
Is that it? on 14:56 - Jul 8 with 2904 viewsrichfoad32

Is that it? on 14:34 - Jul 8 by soulboy

Dean Walling was very similar to CA, not a goal scorer when he was signed as a forward, then initially an effective defender when it mattered, before going on to become a decent centre half.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2019 17:22]

True. But Walling was just starting out in his career, not in the twilight of it. Maybe Calvin would make a serviceable CH, but I'm sceptical. I guess preseason is as good a time as any to experiment.
Is that it? on 18:09 - Jul 8 with 2605 viewsscarrow

Is that it? on 13:33 - Jul 8 by ParkinsGimp

Not enthused I'm afraid

We could sign Messi and you'd complain

Poll: Final position

Is that it? on 17:13 - Jul 9 with 2247 viewsinthenet

Is that it? on 18:09 - Jul 8 by scarrow

We could sign Messi and you'd complain

We definitely need a scoring midfielder and another striker, we can’t rely on Hendo all season the lads not getting any younger.

Rastrickblue

Is that it? on 19:13 - Jul 9 with 2089 viewsrichfoad32

Is that it? on 17:13 - Jul 9 by inthenet

We definitely need a scoring midfielder and another striker, we can’t rely on Hendo all season the lads not getting any younger.

It would help if Alby manages to show the form and appetite he did over the last few months of the season. If he could chip in approaching double figures with goals it would take a lot of the burden off, big ask though.
Is that it? on 19:23 - Jul 9 with 2064 viewsinthenet

Is that it? on 19:13 - Jul 9 by richfoad32

It would help if Alby manages to show the form and appetite he did over the last few months of the season. If he could chip in approaching double figures with goals it would take a lot of the burden off, big ask though.

Agree with that maybe getting a attacking midfielder is the answer ?

Rastrickblue

Is that it? on 19:52 - Jul 9 with 1995 viewsrichfoad32

Is that it? on 19:23 - Jul 9 by inthenet

Agree with that maybe getting a attacking midfielder is the answer ?

It would be brilliant to get Ethan Hamilton back. He seemed to enjoy his time here and I doubt he'll be troubling Utd's first team just yet. I'm sure there'll be clubs higher up the pecking order sniffing around if he becomes available, but it's in our favour that we can guarantee him plenty of action.

The squad does seem worryingly light and short of goals at the moment, the loan market looks like the best option.
Is that it? on 11:29 - Jul 10 with 1800 viewsinthenet

Is that it? on 19:52 - Jul 9 by richfoad32

It would be brilliant to get Ethan Hamilton back. He seemed to enjoy his time here and I doubt he'll be troubling Utd's first team just yet. I'm sure there'll be clubs higher up the pecking order sniffing around if he becomes available, but it's in our favour that we can guarantee him plenty of action.

The squad does seem worryingly light and short of goals at the moment, the loan market looks like the best option.

Apparently Ipswich are in for Ethan as well as ourselves !

Rastrickblue

Is that it? on 11:34 - Jul 10 with 1786 viewsEllDale

That's knackered that then!
Is that it? on 11:52 - Jul 10 with 1737 viewsfitzochris

Is that it? on 11:29 - Jul 10 by inthenet

Apparently Ipswich are in for Ethan as well as ourselves !

According to who?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Is that it? on 12:39 - Jul 10 with 1637 viewsinthenet

Is that it? on 11:52 - Jul 10 by fitzochris

According to who?

Paul Lambert

Rastrickblue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024