Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell! 19:41 - Jul 14 with 1413 viewsFruitbat

What a game of cricket that was.
Bloody hell! on 20:31 - Jul 14 with 1398 viewsbwildered

Checking my blood pressure after that .
Remarkable . Story book stuff .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Bloody hell! on 20:32 - Jul 14 with 1398 viewsGOSBTS

Utterly incredible. Must admit I'm a bit of a fair weather cricket fan. Used to watch Sussex once a year, but as the cricket isn't on free to air TV anymore I usually just follow the scores online. Tuned into the last 8 overs + super over and wow. Just wow. Drama of the highest order, and what a way to win it! Stokes was a hero out there, and Sussex boy Jofra not bad either.
Bloody hell! on 21:16 - Jul 14 with 1381 viewsdurham_exile

Bloody hell! on 20:32 - Jul 14 by GOSBTS

Utterly incredible. Must admit I'm a bit of a fair weather cricket fan. Used to watch Sussex once a year, but as the cricket isn't on free to air TV anymore I usually just follow the scores online. Tuned into the last 8 overs + super over and wow. Just wow. Drama of the highest order, and what a way to win it! Stokes was a hero out there, and Sussex boy Jofra not bad either.

Delighted for England, a superb victory and thoroughly deserved.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Bloody hell! on 09:33 - Jul 15 with 1348 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bloody hell! on 21:16 - Jul 14 by durham_exile

Delighted for England, a superb victory and thoroughly deserved.

UTU's

Fantastic! And good for Ch 4 - I was able to watch it here.

Not a bad game of tennis at Wimbledon either.

And a Brit won the British GP.

Overkill or what, I can't keep up. Going to watch some boules to calm down.

Thank you for the Cefn Druids report Durham. Non league football, where you can walk around and mingle....aaah those were the days. It is no surprise that non league has many friends and supporters. I have discovered exactly the same here.............err where the admission for a step 2 game isn't £12........it's free.

Up the Wealdstone bound U's

Moor Pinot

Bloody hell! on 10:05 - Jul 15 with 1342 viewsdurham_exile

Bloody hell! on 09:33 - Jul 15 by Moor_Pinot

Thank you for the Cefn Druids report Durham. Non league football, where you can walk around and mingle....aaah those were the days. It is no surprise that non league has many friends and supporters. I have discovered exactly the same here.............err where the admission for a step 2 game isn't £12........it's free.

Pinault - it really was a very friendly atmosphere on Saturday and the announcer's sign off message of support was a really good touch.

Apparently most of the Welsh Premier League teams also play on the Artificial surfaces which helps them during the winter months.

I'm not a particular fan of such surfaces, I always remember the horrific pitch at Preston and QPR but you can play a decent game of passing football on the deck.

Yesterday was a sports fest for the armchair supporter.

Wealdstone on Tuesday and then Ipswich and Charlton before Port Vale roll into Town.
Happy Days

UTU's

Durham_exile

Bloody hell! on 12:02 - Jul 15 with 1333 viewsburnsieespana

Bloody hell! on 09:33 - Jul 15 by Moor_Pinot

Funny u mentioned this Pinault as I went with my son on Saturday to watch Woking V Oxford U in a pre season game.
We also went to a game last season after he moved to Woking who are a lovely family inclined club with average home attendance of 2,000. Are in the process of consulting over a proposed new stadium for 9,400.
At present you are free to move around as you want and reminded me of the lo g ago days at Layer Rd.
Real grass roots football and my son, a journalist by profession is doing some reports this season for the Woking website. Odd thing is, he pays admission for home games but gets it free including parking for away games.
And yes, exciting game of cricket and the motor racing good as well, plus being in Colchester for wdekend popped on for part of the Open Day watching the seven a side training tupe of game.
Lots of people about with long queues in the club shop so well done Colchester.
Bloody hell! on 16:15 - Jul 15 with 1316 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bloody hell! on 12:02 - Jul 15 by burnsieespana

Funny u mentioned this Pinault as I went with my son on Saturday to watch Woking V Oxford U in a pre season game.
We also went to a game last season after he moved to Woking who are a lovely family inclined club with average home attendance of 2,000. Are in the process of consulting over a proposed new stadium for 9,400.
At present you are free to move around as you want and reminded me of the lo g ago days at Layer Rd.
Real grass roots football and my son, a journalist by profession is doing some reports this season for the Woking website. Odd thing is, he pays admission for home games but gets it free including parking for away games.
And yes, exciting game of cricket and the motor racing good as well, plus being in Colchester for wdekend popped on for part of the Open Day watching the seven a side training tupe of game.
Lots of people about with long queues in the club shop so well done Colchester.

Yes Jon it's something I've always held onto. When in Somerset I tried to go to every U's away game within 150 miles of my Wellington home. If it was too far I went to non league and sometimes probably because I was neutral I think I enjoyed the game more. A season ticket at Tiverton Town - step 3 - was affordable and they stuck my name on my seat! I often went to midweek southern league games too, always the same friendly, ease of access etc. I have clocked up close go 100 away grounds now and still enjoy each new experience. Once we sell here I should have two step three teams within ten km, admission free with crowds around 700. I shall go and see if the same friendliness you noticed on Saturday prevails here. I think the Cards might have a good season, they have as you say a loyal 2000 that could rise with success and a new ground.

Moor Pinot

Bloody hell! on 18:28 - Jul 15 with 1301 viewswessex_exile

Bloody hell! on 16:15 - Jul 15 by Moor_Pinot

Yes Jon it's something I've always held onto. When in Somerset I tried to go to every U's away game within 150 miles of my Wellington home. If it was too far I went to non league and sometimes probably because I was neutral I think I enjoyed the game more. A season ticket at Tiverton Town - step 3 - was affordable and they stuck my name on my seat! I often went to midweek southern league games too, always the same friendly, ease of access etc. I have clocked up close go 100 away grounds now and still enjoy each new experience. Once we sell here I should have two step three teams within ten km, admission free with crowds around 700. I shall go and see if the same friendliness you noticed on Saturday prevails here. I think the Cards might have a good season, they have as you say a loyal 2000 that could rise with success and a new ground.

Name on your seat is a nice touch Pinault!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody hell! on 20:08 - Jul 15 with 1289 viewsMoor_Pinot

Bloody hell! on 18:28 - Jul 15 by wessex_exile

Name on your seat is a nice touch Pinault!

It was Wessex. I appreciated it and made me buy again the next season when work meant I was less likely to be able to go so often.
It seems no different here in France except for the fact that it is cheaper.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024