Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Pitch 20:36 - Jul 17 with 6036 viewsisitme

Looks like the pitch is not as wide as in the past. It also doesn't look great, almost as if it hasn't knitted together properly!
The Pitch on 21:53 - Jul 17 with 5696 viewsKenBoon

They’ve used some of it to make Desmond’s head wider.
The Pitch on 22:04 - Jul 17 with 5620 views49thseason

Agreed, looks as though they have taken a yard off the sides.
The Pitch on 22:15 - Jul 17 with 5548 viewsrafc1977

Fully agree! Clearly visible down that main stand side the difference in the width of non playing surface grass. Does this suggest making the pitch more compact aids a pressure pressing game from us?

Of bigger concern though is that pitch. I can't see it lasting long at all, we've had perfect growing weather and there's already cut in pieces. Why do we have this constant struggle? Is it our climate, 2 sports teams using it or were just not spending enough/giving it enough time in the close season?

Anyway to the footy...never take anything from or read anything into friendlies in pre season, however there are signs that we may be a bit more on the front foot than we were start of last season. Still a worry Hendo (great goal btw) is really the only one who looks like he may get us 15-20 goals a season.

Hilly was sat close by and was jovial, smiling and talking to all. Nice to see him back and wearing that smile. Was having a right in depth chat with BBM until around 5 mins from ko and writing down formations/notes in a pad.
The Pitch on 23:51 - Jul 17 with 5281 viewsSandyman

Pitch definitely looks to have less width from the Main Stand touchline. Wondered if that is anything to do with that part of the pitch freezing over due to lack of sunlight in the Winter months? Losing that bit from the freeze may help get games on ?

Anyway, sterling performance in the first half against a quality side. Great cross by RND for Hendo to "head" a rare headed goal in. Jimmy Mc and Jimmy K looked good.

Their quality told in the 2nd half, brought a load of subs on after it got to 1-3 . Nice work by Tavares late in the game.
A great run out for our lads against a club that gave us a game with some of their top players on show which was decent of them.

How nice to have a team list with payed players names on, instead of the desperate "triallist" nonsense some local "billy bigbollox" (in their own minds) clubs have to put up with . Rochdale is so much better than they are.

All the best Terriers, thanks for a good game, Up The Dale
The Pitch on 07:32 - Jul 18 with 5040 viewsEllDale

I wonder if Hilly is back in the game scouting for someone if he was taking notes.
As for the pitch dimensions, you're ok as long as you keep the same size pitch for the season instead of altering it to suit individual games/opponents.
The Pitch on 08:17 - Jul 18 with 4933 viewsfitzochris

I think questions need to be asked again about the pitch, to be honest.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:48 - Jul 18 with 4862 viewsmikehunt

Sorry my essay somehow lost. Will have to re-compose it.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2019 8:51]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

The Pitch on 09:39 - Jul 18 with 4749 viewsShun

I wonder what Olli Makin’s up to these days.
Login to get fewer ads

The Pitch on 09:40 - Jul 18 with 4751 viewsmikehunt

Keef being there might explain a few things about that game:
Inability to deal with a cross - free header - Goal!
Fannying around at the back trying to pass the ball out. Get caught in possession in front of goal - bang, bang - 2 gifted goals. We caused our selves problems on umpteen occasions trying to play the ball out and getting pressed. I thought BBM had ditched these tactics?
Anyway, like you say, only a friendly. Let’s try things out and quickly abandon the tactics that don’t work.

Pitch definitely looks narrower. Will this suit a good crossing side? (To our detriment?)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

The Pitch on 19:34 - Jul 18 with 4335 viewsblackdogblue

The Pitch on 09:39 - Jul 18 by Shun

I wonder what Olli Makin’s up to these days.

Settled well at a club in Belgium now

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The Pitch on 19:35 - Jul 18 with 4325 viewsblackdogblue

The Pitch on 07:32 - Jul 18 by EllDale

I wonder if Hilly is back in the game scouting for someone if he was taking notes.
As for the pitch dimensions, you're ok as long as you keep the same size pitch for the season instead of altering it to suit individual games/opponents.

Where’s our Hexit Banner gone, must look 😀😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

The Pitch on 19:41 - Jul 18 with 4293 views442Dale

Highlights

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Pitch on 08:20 - Jul 19 with 4077 viewsfitzochris

The Pitch on 19:41 - Jul 18 by 442Dale

Highlights

Is that sand spraying up when RND crosses the ball to Henderson?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

The Pitch on 12:58 - Jul 19 with 3857 viewsToffeemanc

The Pitch on 08:20 - Jul 19 by fitzochris

Is that sand spraying up when RND crosses the ball to Henderson?

Certainly appears so on the highlights. Also appears to be a dodgy patch of turf just to the left of him just before he crosses the ball at around 23 secs of the video.

I hope the money earned from renting the pitch out and delaying the pitch relaying ends up being worthwhile. From the highlight and photos the pitch right at this moment looks like it will cause problems and need more money spending on it before the end of the season.
Hope I'm wrong.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

The Pitch on 12:41 - Jul 22 with 3423 viewsSandyman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-48884886
The Pitch on 12:45 - Jul 22 with 3412 viewsboromat

To be fair I thought the pitch looked better yesterday. Well until Griffiths stepped out onto it and took a few chunks out .

Poll: What are we more excited for?

The Pitch on 12:57 - Jul 22 with 3387 viewsEllDale

I made a point of looking yesterday and the touchline, on the main stand side anyway, has definitely been moved in by at least a metre to make the pitch narrower.
The Pitch on 13:02 - Jul 22 with 3370 viewsTVOS1907

The Pitch on 12:57 - Jul 22 by EllDale

I made a point of looking yesterday and the touchline, on the main stand side anyway, has definitely been moved in by at least a metre to make the pitch narrower.

And on t'other side as well.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

The Pitch on 14:54 - Jul 22 with 3232 viewssoulboy

Ive never understood why all pitches dont have to be all the same size, there must be a reason for it
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 15:31]
The Pitch on 15:16 - Jul 22 with 3185 viewsChaffRAFC

The Pitch on 14:54 - Jul 22 by soulboy

Ive never understood why all pitches dont have to be all the same size, there must be a reason for it
[Post edited 22 Jul 2019 15:31]

There are certain guidelines clubs have to adhere to which means the pitch has to be within certain measurements. As long as you are within those measurements it's up to the club/manager.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/rules_and_equipment/4200666.stm

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The Pitch on 15:28 - Jul 22 with 3157 viewsEllDale

I was always led to believe that the reason why there is a maximum and minimum permitted goes back over 100 years when clubs simply could not agree on standard dimensions. So a compromise was reached.
The Pitch on 16:27 - Jul 22 with 3090 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Get ready for a few more over-hit corners this season.
The Pitch on 16:29 - Jul 22 with 3081 viewsDaleFan7

The Pitch on 16:27 - Jul 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Get ready for a few more over-hit corners this season.

Get Rundle back on a contract, he put some of the best corners Spotland has seen in the last 5 years in on Sunday (not that that is difficult).
The Pitch on 16:31 - Jul 22 with 3070 viewsEllDale

If you ask me the best left foot on the pitch yesterday belonged to BBM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024