Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rose Bowl Trophy 23:36 - Jul 17 with 6713 viewsmikehunt

Are we playing for that on Saturday? Are we the current holders?
There was a match at Spotland, in the dim and distant past, that made the papers because a police horse had to clear battling fans off the pitch. Ah! The good old days.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Rose Bowl Trophy on 06:13 - Jul 18 with 4936 viewsseasidedale

NO, sure I read that it’s the Ernie Cooksey trophy this year as it’s 10 years since his passing
Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:01 - Jul 18 with 4691 viewskiwidale

This is one for us old uns straight out of the archives you kids know nowt, It adds to the rich tapestry of life in a bygone age following Dale. I was at the match in question, the sight of a mounted policeman galloping down the main stand touchline towards the Oldham fans, who had encroached onto the pitch from the Sandy was a sight to behold all that was missing was a bugle. I've never seen anybody move so fast launching themselves over the fence getting out of the way.

This is not the time for bickering.

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:56 - Jul 19 with 4479 viewsaleanddale

Ernie Cooksey what a top bloke he was.

10 years it seems like yesterday what a travesty.

Should be a good one to see where the Dale are at as a team at this stage of pre season.

First League 1 game is 2 weeks tomorrow!!
Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:00 - Jul 19 with 4472 viewsTVOS1907

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:56 - Jul 19 by aleanddale

Ernie Cooksey what a top bloke he was.

10 years it seems like yesterday what a travesty.

Should be a good one to see where the Dale are at as a team at this stage of pre season.

First League 1 game is 2 weeks tomorrow!!

It's actually 11 years; he died in July 2008, a month before we played Oldham in the Carling Cup.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rose Bowl Trophy on 20:16 - Jul 19 with 4332 viewspioneer

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:01 - Jul 18 by kiwidale

This is one for us old uns straight out of the archives you kids know nowt, It adds to the rich tapestry of life in a bygone age following Dale. I was at the match in question, the sight of a mounted policeman galloping down the main stand touchline towards the Oldham fans, who had encroached onto the pitch from the Sandy was a sight to behold all that was missing was a bugle. I've never seen anybody move so fast launching themselves over the fence getting out of the way.

I think it was 1969 and we won 5-1. We had passed oldham on our way up to Div 3. All in the name of a ‘friendly’!
Rose Bowl Trophy on 21:16 - Jul 19 with 4285 viewssoulboy

Rose Bowl Trophy on 20:16 - Jul 19 by pioneer

I think it was 1969 and we won 5-1. We had passed oldham on our way up to Div 3. All in the name of a ‘friendly’!

Correct, the Sunday Mirror even had a large photo of the police horse at the side of the pitch in front of the main stand trying to keep battling supporters apart under the headline Football Is Back!!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 21:17]
Rose Bowl Trophy on 13:05 - Jul 20 with 4049 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rose Bowl Trophy on 21:16 - Jul 19 by soulboy

Correct, the Sunday Mirror even had a large photo of the police horse at the side of the pitch in front of the main stand trying to keep battling supporters apart under the headline Football Is Back!!
[Post edited 19 Jul 2019 21:17]

Was it a white horse?
Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:35 - Jul 20 with 3787 viewsShun

2-1 currently. Done and Keohane.
Login to get fewer ads

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:39 - Jul 20 with 3759 viewsMolly

Rose Bowl Trophy on 13:05 - Jul 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Was it a white horse?

No... a famous grouse.
Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:45 - Jul 20 with 3715 views442Dale

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:35 - Jul 20 by Shun

2-1 currently. Done and Keohane.

2-2. Two good goals by us, two awful ones to concede. Still some ridiculous choices to pass when near our own goal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:54 - Jul 20 with 3633 viewsDale23years

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:45 - Jul 20 by 442Dale

2-2. Two good goals by us, two awful ones to concede. Still some ridiculous choices to pass when near our own goal.

Different season same mistakes !!!

2 lovely passing goals through.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:57 - Jul 20 with 3607 viewsfitzochris

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:54 - Jul 20 by Dale23years

Different season same mistakes !!!

2 lovely passing goals through.

We’re playing with the same centre halves.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:06 - Jul 20 with 3534 viewsinthenet

When are we going to learn

Rastrickblue

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:07 - Jul 20 with 3514 viewsdingdangblue

Rose Bowl Trophy on 15:57 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

We’re playing with the same centre halves.

Our best defensive displays at the end of last season we had Ebanks Landell and Nthle in a back 3.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:09 - Jul 20 with 3502 viewsfitzochris

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:07 - Jul 20 by dingdangblue

Our best defensive displays at the end of last season we had Ebanks Landell and Nthle in a back 3.

We’re playing with the same centre halves that led to the “same mistakes” referenced in the post I was replying to.

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:14 - Jul 20 with 3463 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:06 - Jul 20 by inthenet

When are we going to learn

Teams will have a field day if we don't sort it out......nightmares afoot.
Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:44 - Jul 20 with 3276 viewsfitzochris

3-2 Henderson. Who else?

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:02 - Jul 20 with 3129 viewsYorkshire_Dale

That man again.....saves the day and bags the silverware.

We can't let him go......priceless.
Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:07 - Jul 20 with 3078 viewsinthenet

Rose Bowl Trophy on 16:44 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

3-2 Henderson. Who else?

What would we do without Hendo !!!

Rastrickblue

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:10 - Jul 20 with 3044 viewsdingdangblue

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:07 - Jul 20 by inthenet

Draw 2-2

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:28 - Jul 20 with 2904 viewsChaffRAFC

Going forward we looked very good. Camps really suits playing 30 yards further forward than he was under Hill and was good to see Done look dangerous as well. The build up for all three goals was excellent.

Now onto the defence, we absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, go into the new season with McNulty and Delaney as our centre half partnership. McNulty only played well last season next to Ebanks-Landell and next to Delaney, the pair of them are like having McArdle and Boardman back. We will have to wait to see what O'Connell adds to this lineup but I went into the game today thinking another centre back was a priority and now I'm absolutely certain we have no choice but to bring a new centre half in. We look awful defensively. Wade didn't fill me with confidence at all either in all fairness. Aaron Morley was our best centre back today, that tells you everything.

Jonny Smith looked very quick and played a big part in the third goal for Hendo in the build up with Pyke but would like to see him start, rather than being part of the mix-up of substitutions but I've seen enough to see there's something there.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:38 - Jul 20 with 2815 views442Dale

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:28 - Jul 20 by ChaffRAFC

Going forward we looked very good. Camps really suits playing 30 yards further forward than he was under Hill and was good to see Done look dangerous as well. The build up for all three goals was excellent.

Now onto the defence, we absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, go into the new season with McNulty and Delaney as our centre half partnership. McNulty only played well last season next to Ebanks-Landell and next to Delaney, the pair of them are like having McArdle and Boardman back. We will have to wait to see what O'Connell adds to this lineup but I went into the game today thinking another centre back was a priority and now I'm absolutely certain we have no choice but to bring a new centre half in. We look awful defensively. Wade didn't fill me with confidence at all either in all fairness. Aaron Morley was our best centre back today, that tells you everything.

Jonny Smith looked very quick and played a big part in the third goal for Hendo in the build up with Pyke but would like to see him start, rather than being part of the mix-up of substitutions but I've seen enough to see there's something there.

Agreed though we also have to re-think our tactics no matter who plays at CH. Just because the rules have changed so you can now pass a goal kick to a player in the area doesn’t mean we have to. Fine, if there’s nobody about but we’ve seen enough incidents in the last two games to know it will cost us goals.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:50 - Jul 20 with 2744 viewssince58

Rose Bowl Trophy on 17:07 - Jul 20 by inthenet

Apply for a cva???
Rose Bowl Trophy on 18:28 - Jul 20 with 2534 viewsmingthemerciless

Rose Bowl Trophy on 20:16 - Jul 19 by pioneer

I thought that the " Cavalry " charge was the 2-0 FA Cup game about that time. I have vivid memories of the Police Horses ( I thought there were two ) trotting down from the top of the " Kop " at the Church Inn end, leaping over the boundary wall and galloping the full length of the touch line on the Main Stand side. Blokes were diving head first over the wall to get away ! When the horses got to the Sandy Lane end they turned around and galloped back, by then the pitch was empty of idiots.

Who nobody got trampled I'll never know.

If my memory serves me well there were 12,000 plus on that day.

I think Oldham invaded the pitch when they went 2-0 down and they could see the writing on the wall.
Rose Bowl Trophy on 18:32 - Jul 20 with 2495 viewsmacro

It's clear to see that Delaney has become a real issue. His defending for the 1st goal was amateur. Mind you the Oldhsm number 4 subbed after 20 mins was dreadful
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024