Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jonny Smith - winger 22:05 - Jul 19 with 3652 viewssykeboy

Played 36 games for Tranmere last season reports suggest he’s trailing with Dale
Jonny Smith - winger on 22:09 - Jul 19 with 3623 viewsfitzochris

He played in the friendly game on Wednesday. Other reports suggest he may not be sticking around.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jonny Smith - winger on 22:21 - Jul 19 with 3567 viewsisitme

Jonny Smith - winger on 22:09 - Jul 19 by fitzochris

He played in the friendly game on Wednesday. Other reports suggest he may not be sticking around.

Not sure he is much different, or better to what we already have in a fairly well stocked position. A centre back and defensive midfielder look like bigger holes to fill.
Jonny Smith - winger on 23:42 - Jul 19 with 3421 viewsChaffRAFC

Jonny Smith - winger on 22:21 - Jul 19 by isitme

Not sure he is much different, or better to what we already have in a fairly well stocked position. A centre back and defensive midfielder look like bigger holes to fill.

Not convinced we are well stocked in that area. Done I see as more central now, Pyke can play one on one wing and Dooley doesn't look up to playing it regularly.

Aside from that, I'd argue we're short of wide options and we're certainly short of pace and creativity.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Jonny Smith - winger on 08:07 - Jul 20 with 3186 viewsrichfoad32

According to Wikipedia, he's under contract until June 2020. So if we were to sign him would there be a fee involved, or would we just take over his contract? Or season long loan?

From Bristol City as well, same as Rory Holden. Not sure what's happening with him but I thought he showed flashes of promise last season.
Jonny Smith - winger on 08:20 - Jul 20 with 3166 viewsseasidedale

Holden’s still at Bristol city, who knows maybe Morley can fill the gap Hamilton filled last season
Jonny Smith - winger on 08:43 - Jul 20 with 3125 viewsisitme

Jonny Smith - winger on 23:42 - Jul 19 by ChaffRAFC

Not convinced we are well stocked in that area. Done I see as more central now, Pyke can play one on one wing and Dooley doesn't look up to playing it regularly.

Aside from that, I'd argue we're short of wide options and we're certainly short of pace and creativity.

I'd agree about the lack of pace, but to me Smith looked too similar a player to Done and Dooley and the young lad Bradley. With a smaller squad we need different options. We are crying out for a wide player with real pace, who will probably be raw. I agree about Dooley. He had a decent spell for a few games towards the beginning of last season but then faded away. Another who has not really kicked on.

Depending on the formation I suspect we may see Done play in a wide position more often than not. Pyke is a bit quicker but his work rate and decision making left a bit to be desired on Wednesday. I am still hopeful that there is a player in there somewhere.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 8:45]
Jonny Smith - winger on 08:48 - Jul 20 with 3103 viewsfitzochris

As others have pointed out, we simply do not have enough depth to create either different options on the pitch or to get us through a season of injuries and suspensions.

Trusting solely in the younger players to cover this is a big gamble, if that is the intention. I guess if there is no further movement this week in the transfer market, it would be something to ask BBM about at the Fans’ Forum.

Jonny Smith - winger on 08:53 - Jul 20 with 3084 viewsrichfoad32

Jonny Smith - winger on 08:20 - Jul 20 by seasidedale

Holden’s still at Bristol city, who knows maybe Morley can fill the gap Hamilton filled last season

Holden's contract expired at the end of June apparently, unless he signed a new one and they've been lazy about updating it. Maybe he's a bit lighweight but he could put a decent cross in.

Morley seems to have been on the fringes for ages without ever suggesting he's ready for regular first team football, it's easy to forget he's still only 19. Big season for him, maybe this is this year he kicks on. Like you say, who knows

Edit: Just seen on Brizzle City official site that Holden signed a new 2 year deal.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 8:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Jonny Smith - winger on 15:01 - Jul 20 with 2686 viewsfitzochris

Smith is on the bench today again.

Jonny Smith - winger on 15:05 - Jul 20 with 2667 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Jonny Smith - winger on 15:01 - Jul 20 by fitzochris

Smith is on the bench today again.

I have images in my head of Johnny smith leathering it at goal and shouting “have it”

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024