Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vitality Blast 22:16 - Jul 25 with 9633 viewsEllDale

Great win for Lancs at Headingley tonight. Didn’t think 170 runs would be enough but bowlers did well.
Vitality Blast on 22:09 - Sep 4 with 1865 viewsfitzochris

Ludicrous to let Livingstone bowl the penultimate over. What a wasted opportunity.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Vitality Blast on 22:11 - Sep 4 with 1846 viewsD_Alien

Vitality Blast on 21:46 - Sep 4 by TVOS1907

10CC - "I don't like cricket"

Not a lol, creme'd by Bopara

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Vitality Blast on 22:12 - Sep 4 with 1840 viewsNigeriamark

Vitality Blast on 20:48 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

Rain disrupting Lancs’ quarter final, too, now.

Wicket looks a mess, so Davies did well to score 80 odd.

Essex set 160 to win and are one wicket down already. Hopefully the rain fecks off.

Bottled it

Essex needed 29 with 13 balls left and they won with 5 balls left. Asked Livingston to bowl the 19th over after he had been hit early on. 2 or 3 bowlers had been more economical & he went for 22 runs ( 28 runs of 7 balls at that point)

Strange choice that cost us
Vitality Blast on 22:12 - Sep 4 with 1833 viewssince58

Vitality Blast on 22:09 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

Ludicrous to let Livingstone bowl the penultimate over. What a wasted opportunity.

Criminal .crazy decision.
Vitality Blast on 22:14 - Sep 4 with 1822 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 22:11 - Sep 4 by D_Alien

Not a lol, creme'd by Bopara

Thank Godley we still have a chance of a league title.

Vitality Blast on 22:44 - Sep 4 with 1759 viewsanimal8

Vitality Blast on 22:14 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

Thank Godley we still have a chance of a league title.

Vilas a disgrace ,if they didn't want to get to finals day .let the fans know .first they play it at Durham ,home advantage should mean everything .and then to be so not arsed about losing putting a bowler on who had conceded some many runs ,and then saying that's what they normally do .even in the interview after I wish bumble had been there .
Vitality Blast on 07:16 - Sep 5 with 1666 viewsisitme

I cannot believe that Mahmood, who had bowled two overs for 10 runs, took a wicket and was threatening was festering in the outfield whilst a part time bowler was bowling two out of the last four overs to fairly well set batters.

159 looked a decent score and Davies batted really well. I do think the dew helped the ball skip on, whereas in the first innings the pitch looked a bit slow.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 7:29]
Vitality Blast on 07:25 - Sep 5 with 1659 viewsDaley_Lama

Agree that Livingstone was the wrong choice.

After record crowds, glorious sunshine (sometimes) and superb power hitting it seems ill fitting for us to go out on a cold miserable night watched by two men and a dog.

I saw the justification for choosing Durham as - we haven’t lost there in 7 years.
Thats because Durham play there.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Vitality Blast on 08:24 - Sep 5 with 1630 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 07:16 - Sep 5 by isitme

I cannot believe that Mahmood, who had bowled two overs for 10 runs, took a wicket and was threatening was festering in the outfield whilst a part time bowler was bowling two out of the last four overs to fairly well set batters.

159 looked a decent score and Davies batted really well. I do think the dew helped the ball skip on, whereas in the first innings the pitch looked a bit slow.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 7:29]

I’ve now trawled through all of the speculation for Vilas’ choice of Livingstone - from match-fixing based in India to him having a prior engagement on finals day!

He’s since admitted he got it wrong and the only reasoning I could think of was that Mahmood and Gleeson would add pace on an already quickening pitch and therefore assist boundaries. Even then, though, why not use Parkinson? Faulkner could’ve had the final over?

Vilas has been a fine captain so far this season and to call for his resignation based on one bad decision (as some are doing on social media) is way over the top. It’s also worth remembering that Croft assisted a six prior to the penultimate over and all of our big hitters other than Davies failed to sparkle with the bat.

Having followed the tournament closely this summer (thanks to both Sky and a digital Lancashire membership) I can safely say that was a below par performance overall from us last night. Having also watched Essex several times, who have failed to impress me, it is a tough pill to swallow.

We now have a couple of County Championship games coming up to secure a league title with no other distractions. Hopefully we achieve that and this excellent season will still have something to show for itself.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 9:46]

Vitality Blast on 16:48 - Sep 11 with 1460 viewsisitme

Fair play to Bohannon who has just notched his maiden first class century, batting at number three. Another, only in cricket situation today of play not starting till 1.40 eventhough it had been sunny for a while as the players were having Lunch!
Vitality Blast on 18:21 - Sep 11 with 1387 viewsD_Alien

Vitality Blast on 16:48 - Sep 11 by isitme

Fair play to Bohannon who has just notched his maiden first class century, batting at number three. Another, only in cricket situation today of play not starting till 1.40 eventhough it had been sunny for a while as the players were having Lunch!

Bohannon's finished the day on 150no, a partnership of 194 with Livingstone (70no)

Weather looks a bit dodgy tomorrow afternoon, but with a lead of 25 and 8 wickets in hand, Lancs should be able to pile on enough runs in the morning to put real pressure on Derbs with another full day on Friday

Vitality Blast on 19:48 - Sep 11 with 1330 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 18:21 - Sep 11 by D_Alien

Bohannon's finished the day on 150no, a partnership of 194 with Livingstone (70no)

Weather looks a bit dodgy tomorrow afternoon, but with a lead of 25 and 8 wickets in hand, Lancs should be able to pile on enough runs in the morning to put real pressure on Derbs with another full day on Friday

If we win with all maximum bonuses, and other results go our way, then the title could be ours with two games still to play. I imagine it will go to the Middlesex game, though.

Vitality Blast on 14:39 - Sep 12 with 1230 viewsD_Alien

Lancs first innings concluded with a lead of 174 - exactly Bohannon's contribution!

The rain has stayed away thankfully, so very much game on

Vitality Blast on 15:18 - Sep 12 with 1198 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 14:39 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

Lancs first innings concluded with a lead of 174 - exactly Bohannon's contribution!

The rain has stayed away thankfully, so very much game on

Derbyshire are certainly going for it in reply.

Vitality Blast on 16:12 - Sep 12 with 1172 viewsD_Alien

Vitality Blast on 15:18 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

Derbyshire are certainly going for it in reply.

Three down, strange tactics!

Perhaps they're just not bothered, and decided to get some attacking batting practice in for their forthcoming T20 finals day

Vitality Blast on 16:14 - Sep 12 with 1164 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 16:12 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

Three down, strange tactics!

Perhaps they're just not bothered, and decided to get some attacking batting practice in for their forthcoming T20 finals day

I thought that, too. Hopefully they lose all their wickets before it pays off!

Vitality Blast on 17:56 - Sep 12 with 1128 viewsD_Alien

Vitality Blast on 16:14 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

I thought that, too. Hopefully they lose all their wickets before it pays off!

Won by an innings & 45 runs, easy as you like

Vitality Blast on 18:29 - Sep 12 with 1103 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 17:56 - Sep 12 by D_Alien

Won by an innings & 45 runs, easy as you like

Parkinson shows his worth again. Another day-three wrap. It’s been a habit this season.

Vitality Blast on 19:56 - Sep 12 with 1054 viewsisitme

Vitality Blast on 18:29 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

Parkinson shows his worth again. Another day-three wrap. It’s been a habit this season.

The tail spun out, It would good if Maxwell is signed up as overseas player next year as he contributes in all facets of the game and in all formats, although he has probably not contributed as many four(three) day runs as he might of liked.
Vitality Blast on 20:20 - Sep 12 with 1025 viewsfitzochris

Vitality Blast on 19:56 - Sep 12 by isitme

The tail spun out, It would good if Maxwell is signed up as overseas player next year as he contributes in all facets of the game and in all formats, although he has probably not contributed as many four(three) day runs as he might of liked.

He’s dodging the question on Twitter, unsurprisingly. It would be great to see him back.

Vitality Blast on 21:16 - Sep 12 with 988 viewsisitme

Vitality Blast on 20:20 - Sep 12 by fitzochris

He’s dodging the question on Twitter, unsurprisingly. It would be great to see him back.

Money talks I suppose and the full season is a big commitment. Would an IPL contract with and a gig in the Windies equivalent earn him near enough what a Lancs one would? He might also get picked up in the hundred?
Vitality Blast on 22:10 - Sep 21 with 792 viewsfitzochris

At least we went out to the eventual winners (which probably means we would’ve won it, or summat).

Vitality Blast on 22:13 - Sep 21 with 789 viewsD_Alien

Vitality Blast on 22:10 - Sep 21 by fitzochris

At least we went out to the eventual winners (which probably means we would’ve won it, or summat).

A fantastic day's entertainment at Edgbaston, to (almost) round off a great cricketing summer

Just the small matter of the 1st v 2nd clash at Taunton next week to decide the county champions. Hope the weather allows for a decent contest

Oh, and for Lancs to remain undefeated

[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 22:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024