Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wade in the window? 11:47 - Jul 26 with 2459 viewsisitme

I'm surprised to see Wade being given so much game time in preseason. With the loan keeper coming in are we looking to showcase him for a loan spell where he can start? Or maybe is Sanchez the end of the line for Lillis?
Wade in the window? on 11:53 - Jul 26 with 2436 viewsEllDale

I was pondering the Lillis situation last night.
It now looks like it wasn't just Hill who had doubts but that BBM is also a trifle dubious about his capabilities.
Hence the arrival of Sanchez.
I think that Wade has been given so much game time in the friendlies just to test him and gauge his progress as he's very much an unknown quantity in "mens football" whereas everyone knows what you get with Lillis.
Wade in the window? on 12:28 - Jul 26 with 2345 viewsdingdangblue

Wade in the window? on 11:53 - Jul 26 by EllDale

I was pondering the Lillis situation last night.
It now looks like it wasn't just Hill who had doubts but that BBM is also a trifle dubious about his capabilities.
Hence the arrival of Sanchez.
I think that Wade has been given so much game time in the friendlies just to test him and gauge his progress as he's very much an unknown quantity in "mens football" whereas everyone knows what you get with Lillis.

Are some people really questioning Lillis again? Accrington a won 1-0, Wycombe h won 1-0, Bristol Rovers a won 1-0, Southend h won 1-0. Those 4 clean sheets kept us up last season when it looked like we were doomed and a clean sheet was way beyond our capabilities. For me Lillis is number 1 and Sanchez is back up. I dont think Wade is anywhere near ready to challenge a starting place so that is why someone else has come in.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wade in the window? on 12:30 - Jul 26 with 2338 viewsfitzochris

The title of this thread made me think Travis had released a follow-up song.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Wade in the window? on 12:36 - Jul 26 with 2319 viewsD_Alien

Wade in the window? on 12:28 - Jul 26 by dingdangblue

Are some people really questioning Lillis again? Accrington a won 1-0, Wycombe h won 1-0, Bristol Rovers a won 1-0, Southend h won 1-0. Those 4 clean sheets kept us up last season when it looked like we were doomed and a clean sheet was way beyond our capabilities. For me Lillis is number 1 and Sanchez is back up. I dont think Wade is anywhere near ready to challenge a starting place so that is why someone else has come in.

Is it "some people" questioning Lillis, or BBM?

How else would you explain the lack of match practice prior to the start of the season?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wade in the window? on 12:55 - Jul 26 with 2271 viewsisitme

I would agree that Lillis should be first choice, but a keeper in on loan is generally looking for game time. I hope Wade can get game time on loan at a local conference club.
Wade in the window? on 13:03 - Jul 26 with 2249 viewsdingdangblue

Wade in the window? on 12:36 - Jul 26 by D_Alien

Is it "some people" questioning Lillis, or BBM?

How else would you explain the lack of match practice prior to the start of the season?

My take on it would be that BBM knows what Lillis can do but wasn't sure about Wade. He's given him lots of pre season time to prove himself to be considered as Lillis's number 2 but he hasn't been impressed so he's brought in the loan player instead of Wade at this time.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Wade in the window? on 14:07 - Jul 26 with 2127 viewsD_Alien

Wade in the window? on 13:03 - Jul 26 by dingdangblue

My take on it would be that BBM knows what Lillis can do but wasn't sure about Wade. He's given him lots of pre season time to prove himself to be considered as Lillis's number 2 but he hasn't been impressed so he's brought in the loan player instead of Wade at this time.

You could be right

Would expect to see Lillis between the sticks on Saturday if that's the case, and the loan keeper given a run out against Hyde

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Wade in the window? on 14:08 - Jul 26 with 2121 viewsfermin

Wade in the window? on 12:30 - Jul 26 by fitzochris

The title of this thread made me think Travis had released a follow-up song.

Made me think of this song:

Login to get fewer ads

Wade in the window? on 14:23 - Jul 26 with 2068 viewsdavidab2202

One can only assume that having been given a 3 year contract,there must be a feeling that Wade can go on to be a contender for the 1st team at some stage. Whether it is realistic to expect that to be anytime this season would be a big ask for a lad of 18 or 19 no matter how promising he might be and particularly if we are struggling in the league as only the most optimistic of us expect that not to be the situation
Seems to make sense to have a back up keeper who would be a more confident pick if needed through loss of form or injury to Lillis than what is avery man in goalkeeping terms
Noted on an earlier post the fact that mention was made of a string of 1-0 wins at the end of the season feel that a certain centre half on loan from Wolves may have had a part to play in those results.
Wade in the window? on 14:48 - Jul 26 with 2010 viewsrochedale

Spot on

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024