Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum 12:58 - Jul 28 with 14884 viewsisitme

Are the trust going to take questions from supporters who cannot attend,ensure that these questions get asked and then post the responses somewhere?
Fans' Forum on 13:15 - Jul 28 with 7412 viewsNinco

Last time they didn't answer questions from people who were there, so I doubt they will answer questions from anyone else. They admitted to planning their answers before they faced the public and I think if you had a question that they hadn't rehearsed, they changed the subject.
Fans' Forum on 13:20 - Jul 28 with 7398 views442Dale

Good idea in the original post. Sure that the Trust will be happy to confirm that in this thread as they have answered posts previously.

Also, to keep everything in one place on this subject:

The Fans Forum was promoted in the last Trust minutes:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20
<<“Planning for next week’s Fans Forum was discussed. The club would be contacted this week to ensure everything was in place for the traditional season curtain raiser. Doors open at 7pm with the event starting at 7:30pm.”>>

As part of this planning, was one of the things the club was contacted about putting in place around recording the event for members and supporters who are unable to attend?

If not, could this be something the Trust could do on behalf of their members and suppprters by making an audio replay available on their website? Granted, it’ll mean someone having to plug in their phone or buy a tape recorder or whatever the modern way is to do these things. I’m sure the club media department would help out if they don’t already have plans to do similar themselves.

Thanks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Fans' Forum on 15:08 - Jul 28 with 7290 views1907

Fans' Forum on 13:15 - Jul 28 by Ninco

Last time they didn't answer questions from people who were there, so I doubt they will answer questions from anyone else. They admitted to planning their answers before they faced the public and I think if you had a question that they hadn't rehearsed, they changed the subject.

You don’t half post bizarre conspiracy theories on here.

Why do you feel like the club has a vendetta against the fans? Personally I find your views and posts odd.
Fans' Forum on 15:17 - Jul 28 with 7272 viewsSuddenLad

If the club officials present, only answer 'pre-prepared' questions and have time to 'rehearse' answers, then don't take open questions from the floor, there is no point having a forum at all.

Anyone attending should have an opportunity to ask a relevant question. If not, it might as well be done over the phone and the answers published on here.

Openness and accountability are the crucial factors that supporters need to concentrate on.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Fans' Forum on 15:30 - Jul 28 with 7225 viewsTVOS1907

How could they plan answers when almost all of the questions were asked off the cuff at the time?

Richard Wild, who was stood next to me, certainly hadn't sent his questions to anyone beforehand.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fans' Forum on 16:20 - Jul 28 with 7127 viewselectricblue

So then why bother at all!

The club have always had the stance that the supporters dont need to know..

Perhaps the trust could some how purchase a percentage of the club funded by the supporters or is the club valued to highly....

Then answers to questions would be forth coming..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Fans' Forum on 16:25 - Jul 28 with 7118 views442Dale

Fans' Forum on 16:20 - Jul 28 by electricblue

So then why bother at all!

The club have always had the stance that the supporters dont need to know..

Perhaps the trust could some how purchase a percentage of the club funded by the supporters or is the club valued to highly....

Then answers to questions would be forth coming..

They don’t need to. They have a Memorandum Of Understanding that should cover that.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/january/memorandum-of-understanding/

Fans' Forum on 20:49 - Jul 28 with 6842 viewsblackdogblue

Ask them to bring back smoking at half time & the proper hot dogs with onions please 😁😁

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Fans' Forum on 11:33 - Jul 29 with 6633 views442Dale

FAO isitme: did you get a response to your enquiry?

Fans' Forum on 13:18 - Jul 29 with 6556 viewsisitme

Fans' Forum on 11:33 - Jul 29 by 442Dale

FAO isitme: did you get a response to your enquiry?

No, although I am not a trust member.
Fans' Forum on 20:32 - Jul 29 with 6315 viewsNinco

Fans' Forum on 15:08 - Jul 28 by 1907

You don’t half post bizarre conspiracy theories on here.

Why do you feel like the club has a vendetta against the fans? Personally I find your views and posts odd.

Do you seriously think that your comments are better or any more important than anyone else's? How arrogant.
Fans' Forum on 20:57 - Jul 29 with 6165 views1907

Fans' Forum on 20:32 - Jul 29 by Ninco

Do you seriously think that your comments are better or any more important than anyone else's? How arrogant.

Nothing in my post to you was arrogant.

I see you on thread after thread posting conspiracy theories that could quite easily turn into poisonous rumours.

Can you not see how nonsense like that can only cause negativity?

Strange.
Fans' Forum on 21:11 - Jul 29 with 6044 viewsShun

Any updates from the night?
Fans' Forum on 21:16 - Jul 29 with 5982 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 21:11 - Jul 29 by Shun

Any updates from the night?

Can you understand North Korean?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Fans' Forum on 21:23 - Jul 29 with 5915 viewsCleedale

Fans' Forum on 21:16 - Jul 29 by judd

Can you understand North Korean?

그게 뭔가?

geuge mwonga?
Fans' Forum on 21:32 - Jul 29 with 5840 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 21:23 - Jul 29 by Cleedale

그게 뭔가?

geuge mwonga?

하아

Fans' Forum on 22:08 - Jul 29 with 5652 viewsNinco

Fans' Forum on 20:57 - Jul 29 by 1907

Nothing in my post to you was arrogant.

I see you on thread after thread posting conspiracy theories that could quite easily turn into poisonous rumours.

Can you not see how nonsense like that can only cause negativity?

Strange.

So it wont be said on the recording of last year's Fans Forum on iFollow then, because you believe it was never said. Camera never lies.
Fans' Forum on 22:13 - Jul 29 with 5602 viewsBartRowou

In no particular order:

Someone wants a clock putting up and the corners of the stands filling in to keep out the cold.

Reading between the lines, it'll be the new lad in net with Wade as back up. Lillis will want games and might not get them. Lillis is in the last year of his contract and may want a move.

We've got four more years of Errea and only the pink mini-kits didn't arrive so there are no problems there.

We've got no chance of Hamilton coming back and are at the back of a long queue for him.

The players really like the cricket club for training and the pitches are excellent. Also, the players don't have to walk down there and through holes in the fence as we are using all the facilities there so presumably they park up there without going to the football club first.

We also use Platt Lane for training.

In winter, we use the Soccer Factory who prefer us over Bury and Oldham.

The chairman will not put the club at risk and will only be in charge of a viable club. He didn't say much.

DB says we stand to lose 75,000 if the Bury game isn't played and the EFL have left it too late to sort things out. He was largely disparaging about them - mentioned a meeting in Portugal - but feels that new people who've just come in (including Jez Moxley) will sort things out, at least in our division.

BBM recognises we might need anther centre-half and that we are weak out wide.

EOC gets the football club and understands how we can help him get higher. I inferred from what BBM said that he took a pay cut coming here; BMM definitely said the other Bury players who've left were on wages we can't afford.

There was a big bit about the pitch which I tuned out of. Basically, the Premier company put down two pitches which haven't worked. The new company do Sheff U, Portsmouth and Peterborough. Long story short: we have enough drains, possibly too many, but the water can't get to them which is why we had the situation on Saturday. The Rochdale average rainfall thing was mentioned. It'll take hundreds of thousands to get right.

John (?) Smallwood asked the fans why it's so quiet at home. One particular gentleman pointed out that for two years we've had rubbish football at home, by and large, so there hasn't been much to sing about.

Plus some other stuff.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Fans' Forum on 22:23 - Jul 29 with 5532 views442Dale

Cheers for the report, Barticus.

Fans' Forum on 22:27 - Jul 29 with 5486 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 22:13 - Jul 29 by BartRowou

In no particular order:

Someone wants a clock putting up and the corners of the stands filling in to keep out the cold.

Reading between the lines, it'll be the new lad in net with Wade as back up. Lillis will want games and might not get them. Lillis is in the last year of his contract and may want a move.

We've got four more years of Errea and only the pink mini-kits didn't arrive so there are no problems there.

We've got no chance of Hamilton coming back and are at the back of a long queue for him.

The players really like the cricket club for training and the pitches are excellent. Also, the players don't have to walk down there and through holes in the fence as we are using all the facilities there so presumably they park up there without going to the football club first.

The chairman will not put the club at risk and will only be in charge of a viable club. He didn't say much.

DB says we stand to lose 75,000 if the Bury game isn't played and the EFL have left it too late to sort things out. He was largely disparaging about them - mentioned a meeting in Portugal - but feels that new people who've just come in (including Jez Moxley) will sort things out, at least in our division.

EOC gets the football club and understands how we can help him get higher. I inferred from what BBM said that he took a pay cut coming here; BMM definitely said the other Bury players who've left were on wages we can't afford.

There was a big bit about the pitch which I tuned out of. Basically, the Premier company put down two pitches which haven't worked. The new company do Sheff U, Portsmouth and Peterborough. Long story short: we have enough drains, possibly too many, but the water can't get to them which is why we had the situation on Saturday. The Rochdale average rainfall thing was mentioned. It'll take hundreds of thousands to get right.

John (?) Smallwood asked the fans why it's so quiet at home. One particular gentleman pointed out that for two years we've had rubbish football at home, by and large, so there hasn't been much to sing about.

Plus some other stuff.

"Too many drains that the water can't get to."

Sweet fookin Jesus.

Thanks for the summary Bart - really appreciate it.

Fans' Forum on 22:35 - Jul 29 with 5419 views49thseason

I presume everyone fell about laughing at that one.. where are these drains? under the car park? It is obvious the slit drains immediately under the pitch are clogged and probably needed to be twice as deep and twice as wide to take away the water we get in Rochdale. Putting the wrong sand down was probably the final straw.
Fans' Forum on 22:37 - Jul 29 with 5398 viewsjudd

Fans' Forum on 22:35 - Jul 29 by 49thseason

I presume everyone fell about laughing at that one.. where are these drains? under the car park? It is obvious the slit drains immediately under the pitch are clogged and probably needed to be twice as deep and twice as wide to take away the water we get in Rochdale. Putting the wrong sand down was probably the final straw.

We're taken for idiots.

Would hope that that statement has been quoted verbatim.

Fans' Forum on 22:45 - Jul 29 with 5325 viewsrochedale

Fans' Forum on 22:13 - Jul 29 by BartRowou

In no particular order:

Plus some other stuff.

Cheers Bart

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Fans' Forum on 22:45 - Jul 29 with 5316 viewsTVOS1907

Fans' Forum on 22:37 - Jul 29 by judd

We're taken for idiots.

I can't recall the exact wording of all the stuff about the pitch, but I think it might be beneficial if it was repeated on the official website for everyone to read.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2019 22:51]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Fans' Forum on 22:48 - Jul 29 with 5298 viewsrochedale

Fans' Forum on 22:37 - Jul 29 by judd

We're taken for idiots.

Without wanting to appear as a nodding donkey, maybe the drains are too low or have insufficient substance between them and the pitch to allow the water to get to the drains? I’d assume it would be quite straight forward to check if drains are blocked and unblock if needed, but not so to change what’s in between? Maybe that was what they were getting at?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024