Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jay Lynch 19:08 - Aug 19 with 7659 viewsDaley_Lama

New signing

26 year old keeper, 2 year deal
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 19:09]

Poll: DF in or out

Jay Lynch on 19:11 - Aug 19 with 5376 viewsSaxonDale

Are we stocking up Goalkeepers incase of a no deal Brexit?
Jay Lynch on 19:11 - Aug 19 with 5365 viewsboromat

Well guess that's the final nail for Josh. Glad to have a permanent senior keeper at the club but I'm guessing we won't see him this season unless Sanchez has a mare or gets injured etc.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jay Lynch on 19:12 - Aug 19 with 5350 viewsleedsdale

Looks like the end for Lillis, then. He will make a very good signing for someone and deserves to go down as a bit of legend as our record appearance maker between the sticks. Thanks Josh!

Had to do some googling/twittering on Lynch - looks like there were a few L1 clubs interested in the summer, if the rumour websites are to be believed. Welcome Jay!
Jay Lynch on 19:19 - Aug 19 with 5259 viewsColDale

Can only assume Lillis' departure will be announced tomorrow at a mutually agreed time with another club. Can't see us sanctioning a two year deal without agreeing a deal with Lillis to go.
Jay Lynch on 19:22 - Aug 19 with 5233 viewsCleedale

Sounds like an interesting signing - possibly for the future.

Good luck pal.

Btw., are we getting the full picture re-Lillis? Hope there aren't any serious underlying injury probs. as thoroughly deserves another club (if that's the idea) but never realised he'd played the best part of 250 games for The Dale and been such a great servant.

Thanks Josh.
Jay Lynch on 19:25 - Aug 19 with 5211 viewsfitzochris

He’s been given the shoddy end of the stick for several seasons now and has effectively been forced out. It’s mystifying.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jay Lynch on 19:25 - Aug 19 with 5191 viewsShun

Thanks for your efforts Josh.

Welcome to Lynch but I’m hoping he’s coming in as backup to Sanchez.
Jay Lynch on 19:28 - Aug 19 with 5163 viewsboromat

From the BBM interview sounds like Wade is going to go out on loan for the next season or two.

Mentions he's got to be respectful of Lillis still being a member of the dressing room but that his contract is up at the end of the season. Read into that what you will.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Jay Lynch on 19:28 - Aug 19 with 5161 viewsdalenumber2

Pity we won't be able to give Josh the send off he deserves. He's been a great servant to the club and I have also often been mystified when he has been sidelined for no apparent reason. Good luck Josh and thanks for everything.
Jay Lynch on 19:43 - Aug 19 with 5032 viewsNorthernDale

Josh as been treated badly by the club this season.

I hope this goalkeeper is okay and we are not going down the cheap option, but have my doubts, because Jay's this career as been in the either the Conference North or the National Conference, with just 2 appearances for Accrington in league two some years ago.

I am wondering why get rid of an experienced goalkeeper for somebody with virtually league experience?
Jay Lynch on 19:46 - Aug 19 with 5002 viewsjonahwhereru

Struggling with this signing. He is 26 has very little league experience and does not tend to stay very long at his recent clubs.
Was shocked we went for a keeper on a two year deal when Wade has a 3 year deal.
Has the spirit of Keith Hill invaded the part of BMM’s brain that processes logic on goalkeepers.

Now Josh. Bet he never expected he would be fourth choice here at Dale. The situation is just bizarre. BBM has been great at motivating the players, and rewarding them. He went forJosh in our hour of need last season, when 1-0 victories got us across the line. In the absence of any news on him from the club I can only assume he finally blew a gasket when he was told Sanchez was Coming in as first choice. Who could blame him?
Jay Lynch on 19:47 - Aug 19 with 4978 viewsfitzochris

Jay Lynch on 19:43 - Aug 19 by NorthernDale

Josh as been treated badly by the club this season.

I hope this goalkeeper is okay and we are not going down the cheap option, but have my doubts, because Jay's this career as been in the either the Conference North or the National Conference, with just 2 appearances for Accrington in league two some years ago.

I am wondering why get rid of an experienced goalkeeper for somebody with virtually league experience?

I’ll support whoever is in between the posts for us, I’ve said that before. It’s not Lynch’s fault we’ve messed Lillis about for the past few seasons.

I just don’t understand why. Never have. We’ve had quality keepers such as Logan and Lonergan, yes, but in the main, Lillis has proven to be a competent stopper for our budget.

It doesn’t seem befitting of Rochdale AFC to treat a player of Lillis’ service this way.

Jay Lynch on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 4943 viewsdalenumber2

There are various rumours about Josh, people saying he turned up overweight after the Summer, someone said he'd had an operation on his hand. Another is that he's been unemployed for the last few weeks and I've also heard that he's been training Brad Wade. It would be nice to hear something from the club now to put things straight.
Jay Lynch on 19:53 - Aug 19 with 4914 viewsColDale

Jay Lynch on 19:28 - Aug 19 by boromat

From the BBM interview sounds like Wade is going to go out on loan for the next season or two.

Mentions he's got to be respectful of Lillis still being a member of the dressing room but that his contract is up at the end of the season. Read into that what you will.

Ian Henderson's contract is up at the end of the season too, so don't see it being down to that.

Lillis has been a decent keeper for us but there's obviously something that manager's don't like about his game. From the way we've played so far this season, Sanchez is that comfortable with the ball at his feet, he's almost an extra defender. it might be Lillis can't play that way and he's suffering like Joe Hart did at City when Pep came in.
Jay Lynch on 19:55 - Aug 19 with 4887 viewsColDale

Jay Lynch on 19:50 - Aug 19 by dalenumber2

There are various rumours about Josh, people saying he turned up overweight after the Summer, someone said he'd had an operation on his hand. Another is that he's been unemployed for the last few weeks and I've also heard that he's been training Brad Wade. It would be nice to hear something from the club now to put things straight.

He's definitely still been at the club. Saw him before the Doncaster game.
Jay Lynch on 19:57 - Aug 19 with 4856 viewsfitzochris

Jay Lynch on 19:53 - Aug 19 by ColDale

Ian Henderson's contract is up at the end of the season too, so don't see it being down to that.

Lillis has been a decent keeper for us but there's obviously something that manager's don't like about his game. From the way we've played so far this season, Sanchez is that comfortable with the ball at his feet, he's almost an extra defender. it might be Lillis can't play that way and he's suffering like Joe Hart did at City when Pep came in.

It’s not just this season, though.

Jay Lynch on 20:03 - Aug 19 with 4805 viewsnordenblue

Jay Lynch on 19:53 - Aug 19 by ColDale

Didn't Hendo sign a new "improved" contract not that long back?
Jay Lynch on 20:06 - Aug 19 with 4786 viewsColDale

Jay Lynch on 19:57 - Aug 19 by fitzochris

It’s not just this season, though.

An erroneous apostrophe, meant to say managers to agree with that point. It's been pretty much every season that there's been spells out of the starting line up, whether that be replaced by another of our keepers or a loan keeper brought it. Amazing really he's made as many appearances for the club as he has done. Maybe it just comes down to the difference between being competent and beinggood. From what I've seen so far, Sanchez looks a real improvement both with his feet and his command of the six yard box.
Jay Lynch on 20:19 - Aug 19 with 4708 viewsnordenblue

Jay Lynch on 20:06 - Aug 19 by ColDale

An erroneous apostrophe, meant to say managers to agree with that point. It's been pretty much every season that there's been spells out of the starting line up, whether that be replaced by another of our keepers or a loan keeper brought it. Amazing really he's made as many appearances for the club as he has done. Maybe it just comes down to the difference between being competent and beinggood. From what I've seen so far, Sanchez looks a real improvement both with his feet and his command of the six yard box.

Nostalgia aside it been obvious Josh is a bang average keeper and it's pretty clear our current and previous manager both want somebody better than average between the sticks and must see Josh as a potential weak link, there's been a few keepers we've brought in that have improved the position, that in itself tells it's own story.
Jay Lynch on 20:26 - Aug 19 with 4661 viewsfitzochris

Jay Lynch on 19:46 - Aug 19 by jonahwhereru

Struggling with this signing. He is 26 has very little league experience and does not tend to stay very long at his recent clubs.
Was shocked we went for a keeper on a two year deal when Wade has a 3 year deal.
Has the spirit of Keith Hill invaded the part of BMM’s brain that processes logic on goalkeepers.

Now Josh. Bet he never expected he would be fourth choice here at Dale. The situation is just bizarre. BBM has been great at motivating the players, and rewarding them. He went forJosh in our hour of need last season, when 1-0 victories got us across the line. In the absence of any news on him from the club I can only assume he finally blew a gasket when he was told Sanchez was Coming in as first choice. Who could blame him?

I think the length of the deal is with a view to Sanchez eventually going back to Brighton. I don’t have a problem with that, as a key issue I’ve had in previous seasons is that we’ve loaned in keepers and had to go back to relying on Lillis once they’ve returned to their parent club. In that situation, Lillis’ confidence is obviously shot and that’s what I mean about shoddy treatment. He’s even been dropped for dross while playing well.

I’ve not seen Sanchez yet, but will do very soon, and I don’t doubt the reports regarding his ability. I’m sure Lynch is decent, too, or he wouldn’t be here, but I just feel this is a poor end for a keeper that didn’t deserve to be treated as harshly as he has been.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 20:28]

Jay Lynch on 20:51 - Aug 19 with 4506 viewsTVOS1907

Jay Lynch on 19:50 - Aug 19 by dalenumber2

He played in several pre-season friendlies and is under contract until next summer, so why have people been saying he's been unemployed for the last few weeks?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Jay Lynch on 20:53 - Aug 19 with 4488 viewsTVOS1907

Jay Lynch on 20:03 - Aug 19 by nordenblue

Didn't Hendo sign a new "improved" contract not that long back?

That was a few years ago, taking him to 2020.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Jay Lynch on 21:02 - Aug 19 with 4431 viewsTVOS1907

I bet Lynch is good at the bar.

Jay Lynch on 21:21 - Aug 19 with 4333 viewsrkershaw

Jay Lynch on 21:02 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

21 clean sheets last season......voted best goalkeeper in the NL for past 3 years.... rumoured to be interesting newly promoted Barnsley and the notoriously shrewd Peterborough Utd over the summer....... sounds like a top signing to me.....(customary song to follow)!!
Jay Lynch on 21:40 - Aug 19 with 4251 viewsMolly

Jay Lynch on 21:02 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Hopefully he will have a good year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024