Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the shoe fits, Colchester to leather the Cobblers at the JobServe 15:39 - Aug 23 with 1041 viewsdurham_exile

Northampton Town managed by Keith Curle and fresh from an away win at Swindon are the visitors to the JobServe Community Stadium this weekend.

The question though on many people’s lips is “are we a club in crisis?”

The answer categorically is no, not yet, but we desperately need a victory after two draws and two defeats.

I have been to the game at Plymouth where we were the better team and failed to take our chances allowing Plymouth to score a solitary winner and have just watched the capitulation from a position of strength at Grimsby, when from a commanding 2-0 half time lead we threw away the advantage with a poor defensive second half showing which resulted in two more points dropped.

Such profligacy will soon attain crisis status unless the trend can be arrested, and three points garnered at home to the Cobblers.

Now the reaction from the players at full time against the Mariners was to trudge from the field almost forgetting about the 144 members of the faithful who had cheered the team on throughout the match.

JM was conspicuous by his absence at the end. He claims that abuse was raining down upon him. I didn’t hear any and none was directed at the players from where I was standing. Of course, I have been to games where abuse has been forthcoming notably the last visit to Accrington when we lost, and the players were shocking.

JM the man who is according to the faithful “he’s big he’s scouse he’ll rob your council house” needs to grow a thicker skin. After all he has the safest job in football. He is untouchable and has the full support of the Chairman and the board without the need for the classic statement. Put simply he has less chance of being sacked that Jurgen Klopp, such is his position of safety no ultimate security.

A pity because with Phil Parkinson out of a job, I would have him back in a heartbeat at the Community Stadium but there is no vacancy and unlikely to be one for years. Not an appealing thought.

This is our fourth season in League Two we have lost some quality players this season to other clubs and the replacements are yet to gel in a side that is incapable of playing consistently for 90 minutes.

Of course, it’s not all bad. Gerken offers experience and a safe pair of hands. Ryan Jackson is superb, Tom Eastman outstanding, Ryan Clampin an inspiration.

Brandon Comley is ok, Jevani Brown is growing into the number 10 role, Luke Gambin needs to be given 90 minutes. Courtney Senior needs a kick up the backside. I like Ben Stevenson very much as a player. Big Frank Nouble played his best game for the U’s on Tuesday night and Chuck Norris has lost weight and is leaner and fitter and looking more like the striker we signed from Swindon.

Harry Pell is sorely missed, and Paris Cowan-Hall needs to get back to fitness to add to the forward play. Tom Lapslie has been missed since contracting an injury.

Luke Prosser has suddenly become an indifferent player and Omar Sowunmi despite his physical presence is criticised for his overall play. In fairness I liked him at Cefn Druids, but JM has not given him an opportunity (four minutes on Tuesday night) to shine.

But the bench is lightweight and inexperienced. The club are turning a blind eye to the clamour for a new striker in order to convert more chances which go begging every week. We have youngsters to come in but we need experience in the form of a striker and a return to health of Harry Pell soonest.

So, who will JM select for Saturday’s must win AT ALL COSTS game:

Gerken

Jackson Eastman Prosser Clampin

Senior Comley Stevenson

Brown

Nouble Norris

Subs:
Ross Sowunmi James Gambin Chilvers Hasanally Poku

Frankly with all the injuries that is the best line-up.

The Cobblers will come well heeled and with confidence after their good start and our indifferent one.

The weather in Colchester is set fair with 26 degrees Celsius and sunshine, it will feel more like 29 degrees with the humidity.

Northampton will bring 600 or so.

Time for the players to step up and secure that first league win. They must banish thoughts of the Eagles on Tuesday night and focus on a 2-0 victory.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

PS dare I mention another striker who could do a job for the U's. Harry Bunn from Bury the crisis club may well be available this weekend and could sign in time for the Crystal Palace game.

Durham_exile

If the shoe fits, Colchester to leather the Cobblers at the JobServe on 20:02 - Aug 24 with 333 viewsgerry_us

If the shoe fits, Colchester to leather the Cobblers at the JobServe on 19:22 - Aug 24 by Moor_Pinot

Aah, merci Gerry, maintenant je comprends!

Vous êtes les bienvenus.
And that's the total of my schoolboy French..sorry.
If the shoe fits, Colchester to leather the Cobblers at the JobServe on 23:31 - Aug 24 with 281 viewsdurham_exile

If the shoe fits, Colchester to leather the Cobblers at the JobServe on 20:02 - Aug 24 by gerry_us

Vous êtes les bienvenus.
And that's the total of my schoolboy French..sorry.

I wear mine on my shirt "Macron"

UTU's

Durham_exile

If the shoe fits, Colchester to leather the Cobblers at the JobServe on 10:09 - Aug 25 with 253 viewsGOSBTS

I haven't been to a game yet this year (bar the Ipswich friendly) and I know there are plenty of concerns right now, but hopefully a positive is Norris finding the net. Is that 4 goals for the season now? Even if they're penalties, they will give him confidence and that's what he sorely needed after the second half of last season.

Chomping at the bit to go to the Walsall game, cannot wait!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024