Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! 16:23 - Aug 25 with 1887 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Around 2 years ago I remember a football match that made me so emotional I was close to tears, that was a close as I will ever see to that day.

Amazing amazing amazing- what a performance!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 16:25 - Aug 25 with 1878 viewsEllDale

Redeemed himself in brilliant style.
Sports Personality of the Year?
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 17:03 - Aug 25 with 1786 viewskiwidale

I'm trying to think of a greater sporting achievement and I cant it surpasses anything I have witnessed in my life. Totally gutted I missed it watching city pass the ball endlessly backwards and sideways.

This is not the time for bickering.

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 17:19 - Aug 25 with 1760 viewskiwidale

Simon Mann

BBC Test Match Special

Someone has already edited the Ashes' Wikipedia page.

"The Ashes are a Test match series played between Ben Stokes and Australia."

This is not the time for bickering.

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 18:17 - Aug 25 with 1650 viewsfrenzied

absolutely stunning
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 18:44 - Aug 25 with 1604 viewsdiver

He has got to be knighted for this !!
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 19:15 - Aug 25 with 1547 viewsDaley_Lama

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 17:19 - Aug 25 by kiwidale

Simon Mann

BBC Test Match Special

Someone has already edited the Ashes' Wikipedia page.

"The Ashes are a Test match series played between Ben Stokes and Australia."

It should read...

‘Between Ben Stokes and Australia’s number 4’

Poll: DF in or out

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 19:56 - Aug 25 with 1474 viewstodmordendale

Great cricketer. Rode his fortune when the CPS charged him with the wrong offence.
Is the opportunity to redeem justified by being so good.
Quandary about plaudits too soon without due moral diligence.
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 21:18 - Aug 25 with 1364 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 19:56 - Aug 25 by todmordendale

Great cricketer. Rode his fortune when the CPS charged him with the wrong offence.
Is the opportunity to redeem justified by being so good.
Quandary about plaudits too soon without due moral diligence.

He was found not guilty, he apparently defended 2 guys from a potential homophonic attack, they thanked him for his actions.

He has performed a miracle today and yet a court case from 2 years ago is being brought up!

Nothing against you tod but please don’t belittle the greatest cricketing moment I have ever seen.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Login to get fewer ads

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 21:30 - Aug 25 with 1346 viewsSandyman

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 21:18 - Aug 25 by Thacks_Rabbits

He was found not guilty, he apparently defended 2 guys from a potential homophonic attack, they thanked him for his actions.

He has performed a miracle today and yet a court case from 2 years ago is being brought up!

Nothing against you tod but please don’t belittle the greatest cricketing moment I have ever seen.

This is true. Stopping 2 gay men getting beaten up would have been praised to the hilt in Australia and rightly so. We didn't. Our despicable newspapers couldn't wait to crucify him and the weak ECB got scared and left him out of vital games while the case was ongoing. He was proved innocent of any offence.
Innocent. Not like the convict cheats found guilty. Stokes was innocent.
Yet he has the character to once again become the national hero that he was before the scuffle in Bristol.

Guess the papers will forget how awful they were to Ben Stokes. Just like they forget how many people bury FC have stolen from via their CVA and administration when they do their "poor bury" features about mrs mad handcuffwoman and the other assorted halfwits that gather in the car park that was sold off during the "Wow Wow Wow Revolution"

COME ON ENGLAND - BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY BARMY ARMY
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 21:42 - Aug 25 with 1328 viewsdownunder

Fantastic effort, great result. I love these "local boy makes good" threads.
Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 11:39 - Aug 26 with 1012 viewsmikehunt

If you haven't watched the highlights, do. Even knowing the outcome: what a buzz. Genuinely moving. The Headingly crowd were awesome.
Just that lbw without a review that takes the teeniest bit of gloss off it. (But well done umpire).

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 13:11 - Aug 26 with 927 viewsD_Alien

Ben Stokes - take a fcuking bow son!!!! on 11:39 - Aug 26 by mikehunt

If you haven't watched the highlights, do. Even knowing the outcome: what a buzz. Genuinely moving. The Headingly crowd were awesome.
Just that lbw without a review that takes the teeniest bit of gloss off it. (But well done umpire).

The Aussies wasting their last review just a few balls earlier makes it even better, imo!

As you say, with a review left it'd have been curtains and an utterly devastating loss by one run, but such is fate - which simply adds to the human drama of it; decision-making under such intense pressure and the weight of national hopes and dreams on your shoulders

Again, that's why it's so fascinating, apart from the pure sporting skill on display, and why people who don't follow sport are missing something fundamental

I don't want Ben Stokes being canonised though. He's no saint or saviour, just a guy with a huge talent and will to win against the odds, with the support of his team-mates; quite probably the same temperament that got him into trouble in the first place, which he's now channelling for us all to enjoy

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024