Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attacking options boosted? 16:09 - Aug 27 with 1075 viewsdurham_exile

Freddie Hinds 20 years of age and 5' 9'' tall has signed on loan from Bristol City.

A striker who has played on loan for Cheltenham has so far made 20 appearances for all clubs and scored 3 goals.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Attacking options boosted? on 17:24 - Aug 27 with 1057 viewsLeadbelly

I hope he does brilliantly for Col U but the Cheltenham tally suggests that may not be the case and his year long loan at Wrexham was cut short after 17 weeks with no goals or, indeed, appearances. Probably not the sort of loan signing most Us fans were hoping for.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Attacking options boosted? on 19:12 - Aug 27 with 1042 viewsColukev

Fcking says it all. Where did all the money from transfer income go. How many strikers with proven records go elsewhere.

What an absolute joke. Will spend 99% of the season on the bench like Collins.

Seriously what is the point, I'm sure we have U23s at the same level.

We are seriously seriously seriously in trouble under current ownership. Conference within 3 years max.

I was all for the club being based on its academy to achieve self sustainability, but when the profits from selling our starlets is not reinvested, it doesn't take a scientist to see we will be weaker year on year.

Fuming doesn't cover the half of it right now. It's an insult. I would have preferred them to carrying being deluded that we didn't have a goal scoring issue. Better than trying to address it with someone who clearly doesn't score goals.

I'm fast falling out of love with this club, something that I never thought I would hear myself say.

In 28 years of watching the Us, I have never disliked our club in the way I do now.
Attacking options boosted? on 01:02 - Aug 29 with 973 viewswessex_exile

I work closely with a City fan, and their fans reckon Freddie is quite a prospect. I’ll be interested to see how he fairs if he gets on the pitch.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Attacking options boosted? on 13:11 - Aug 29 with 942 viewsgerry_us

Attacking options boosted? on 01:02 - Aug 29 by wessex_exile

I work closely with a City fan, and their fans reckon Freddie is quite a prospect. I’ll be interested to see how he fairs if he gets on the pitch.

"if he gets on the pitch"
Rather sums up the chances of young players furthering their career with the U's. I've lost count of the young strikers who have tried and failed under McG. Why didnt we recall Junior if we needed a young striker?
Attacking options boosted? on 16:23 - Aug 29 with 915 viewsFruitbat

We appear to have just signed Theo Robinson from Bellend-on-Sea as well.
Attacking options boosted? on 16:57 - Aug 29 with 907 viewsMadeira163

Attacking options boosted? on 16:23 - Aug 29 by Fruitbat

We appear to have just signed Theo Robinson from Bellend-on-Sea as well.

7 from 16 for Swindon last year
Attacking options boosted? on 17:22 - Aug 29 with 904 viewsbwildered

Think we tried to sign him on loan last season in the January transfer window, but the deal fell through.
Got the experience required.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Attacking options boosted? on 18:52 - Aug 29 with 891 viewsgerry_us

Attacking options boosted? on 17:22 - Aug 29 by bwildered

Think we tried to sign him on loan last season in the January transfer window, but the deal fell through.
Got the experience required.

Another bl**dy loan. How much commitment do these loan players show when in the end they will probably return to their home club. Why couldn't we show some commitment to the player and sign him for the season, then he has something to aim for?
Login to get fewer ads

Attacking options boosted? on 19:31 - Aug 29 with 884 viewsdurham_exile

Attacking options boosted? on 18:52 - Aug 29 by gerry_us

Another bl**dy loan. How much commitment do these loan players show when in the end they will probably return to their home club. Why couldn't we show some commitment to the player and sign him for the season, then he has something to aim for?

Whilst I agree about the loan signings I think that Theo Robinson is the type of striker who could do well for us but will JM play Hinds and Robinson.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Attacking options boosted? on 20:59 - Aug 29 with 870 viewsburnsieespana

Already stated Hinds likely to start with the U23's.
As regards Robinson I have not seen how long the loan is and also not sure why he is out of favour at Southend who are not exactly setting Div, 1 alight.
Attacking options boosted? on 21:34 - Aug 29 with 856 viewsdurham_exile

Attacking options boosted? on 20:59 - Aug 29 by burnsieespana

Already stated Hinds likely to start with the U23's.
As regards Robinson I have not seen how long the loan is and also not sure why he is out of favour at Southend who are not exactly setting Div, 1 alight.

Burnsie - both loans are until January.

I think that Robinson is a good signing

He has played 230 league games and scored 89 goals
In the cups he has played 29 games and scored 14 goals.

Consistent performer who has always scored goals at the many clubs he has played at. Still only 30 and is 5' 7" tall.

May get a run out at Boundary Park from the bench.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Attacking options boosted? on 00:26 - Aug 30 with 832 viewswessex_exile

Attacking options boosted? on 18:52 - Aug 29 by gerry_us

I’m perfectly happy with the ‘try before you buy’ approach Gerry, pretty sure we did that with Cureton, McGleish and doubtless many others.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Attacking options boosted? on 07:51 - Aug 30 with 805 viewsthrillseeker

Attacking options boosted? on 19:12 - Aug 27 by Colukev

Fcking says it all. Where did all the money from transfer income go. How many strikers with proven records go elsewhere.

What an absolute joke. Will spend 99% of the season on the bench like Collins.

Seriously what is the point, I'm sure we have U23s at the same level.

We are seriously seriously seriously in trouble under current ownership. Conference within 3 years max.

I was all for the club being based on its academy to achieve self sustainability, but when the profits from selling our starlets is not reinvested, it doesn't take a scientist to see we will be weaker year on year.

Fuming doesn't cover the half of it right now. It's an insult. I would have preferred them to carrying being deluded that we didn't have a goal scoring issue. Better than trying to address it with someone who clearly doesn't score goals.

I'm fast falling out of love with this club, something that I never thought I would hear myself say.

In 28 years of watching the Us, I have never disliked our club in the way I do now.

Kev - your last 2 paragraphs make sad reading
Attacking options boosted? on 11:44 - Aug 30 with 781 viewsburnsieespana

Still inrrigues me as to why somebody like Robinson is out of favour at Southend who appear to have a small squad not scoring goals.
In the Gazette Theo states, Frank is a good mate and he spoke with him before joining us.
Attacking options boosted? on 13:14 - Aug 30 with 774 viewsColukev

Attacking options boosted? on 07:51 - Aug 30 by thrillseeker

Kev - your last 2 paragraphs make sad reading

Tell me about it mate.

The worst thing is, any change that is made is never for the better. Take McGreal out of the equation, we will get Richard Hall in charge. Same philosophy, same dire tactics dictated by Humes & Cowling.

Whilst the signing of Robinson does inspire some hope, it remains to be seen how much he is utilised. We do not have the best track record of playing systems according to the players at our disposal. He'll probably get 10 minutes per week out on the left!

I just hope fellow fans do not let results like Tuesday paper over the cracks.
Attacking options boosted? on 14:16 - Aug 30 with 770 viewsMoor_Pinot

Attacking options boosted? on 13:14 - Aug 30 by Colukev

Tell me about it mate.

The worst thing is, any change that is made is never for the better. Take McGreal out of the equation, we will get Richard Hall in charge. Same philosophy, same dire tactics dictated by Humes & Cowling.

Whilst the signing of Robinson does inspire some hope, it remains to be seen how much he is utilised. We do not have the best track record of playing systems according to the players at our disposal. He'll probably get 10 minutes per week out on the left!

I just hope fellow fans do not let results like Tuesday paper over the cracks.

I won't.
It was an isolated result settled by penalties.
We defended well.

More interested in whether we can win games at Boundary Park etc.
If Robinson merely joins the Slater Bonne Collins Gamlin gang because Senior is just so wonderful he will warm the bench and we are in for more mediocrity at best. One trick ponies rarely go anywhere. Our management have stood still for three plus years even when we had some pretty good players, most of whom have been sold this summer.

Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Attacking options boosted? on 14:48 - Aug 30 with 765 viewsLeadbelly

Attacking options boosted? on 14:16 - Aug 30 by Moor_Pinot

I won't.
It was an isolated result settled by penalties.
We defended well.

More interested in whether we can win games at Boundary Park etc.
If Robinson merely joins the Slater Bonne Collins Gamlin gang because Senior is just so wonderful he will warm the bench and we are in for more mediocrity at best. One trick ponies rarely go anywhere. Our management have stood still for three plus years even when we had some pretty good players, most of whom have been sold this summer.

Up the U's

Where do no trick ponies go?

Attacking options boosted? on 15:41 - Aug 30 with 757 viewsMoor_Pinot

Attacking options boosted? on 14:48 - Aug 30 by Leadbelly

Where do no trick ponies go?

Hah...........!

I can't begin to answer that Whales but of course, you're right. It has indeed seemed like there are no ideas whatsoever despite many options. So, I guess no-trick ponies are probably the ones that are sent to the errrm........ that yard down the muddy lane.

Moor Pinot

Attacking options boosted? on 20:12 - Aug 30 with 735 viewsLeadbelly

Attacking options boosted? on 15:41 - Aug 30 by Moor_Pinot

Hah...........!

I can't begin to answer that Whales but of course, you're right. It has indeed seemed like there are no ideas whatsoever despite many options. So, I guess no-trick ponies are probably the ones that are sent to the errrm........ that yard down the muddy lane.

An appropriate destination Pinault!

Attacking options boosted? on 17:08 - Sep 2 with 633 viewsdurham_exile

Brendan Wiredu 19 year old midfielder has signed from Charlton Athletic on loan.

Wiredu played and scored against us in the pre season friendly.

UTU's
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 17:10]

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024