Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Lincoln 18:53 - Sep 17 with 10504 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:03 - Sep 18 with 2196 viewsParkinsGimp

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:01 - Sep 17 by Shun

We passed them off the park in the first half but for the second half we were under the cosh for most of the half. Primarily that was because we had absolutely nothing up front so the ball kept coming back. I think Wilbraham (or, at a push, Andrew) could help in that regard. A draw was a fair result.

The second half wasn’t great, but some of the reactions from the crowd when we were 1-0 up and keeping possession were absolutely embarrassing.

Andrew wouldnt help us in the slightest, he cant trap a bag of cement and certainly cant hold a ball up. Frequently in the wrong position. Alby maybe , but it shows our lack of plan b with attacking options. Just have to fight it out till Jan and see if we can attract a decent forward from somewhere, this would give our defence and midfield an outlet and a break from the pressure.
Match thread: Lincoln on 10:03 - Sep 18 with 2196 viewsSandyDrum

Match thread: Lincoln on 09:24 - Sep 18 by richfoad32

I think the general consensus on here is that most believe Alby will make a difference upon his return. It's just that nobody knows when that will be. I read summat a few weeks ago where apparently the physio said he was close to full fitness, since then, nada.

Actually on BBM's injury update yesterday, he said Tuesday's game is too soon for Alby but he's expected back into the matchday squad on Saturday.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/injuryupdate_170919/

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:10 - Sep 18 with 2172 viewsjonahwhereru

Surprised by the comment about lack of pace. Whenever I have seen Pyke he has been fast enough to give a greyhound a run for its money. Plus Hendo looks as fit as ever and can still put a shift on when required.
Alby was a different player under BBM, and looked a better target option than Calvin, but his stock is rising in his abensce, which is so often the case in this game. He will need to be cut plenty of slack when he returns given his lack of match practice, and current challenging personal circumstance. We should not expect a change of fortune within a couple of games of his return.
From the comments when we are at home we sound like Sven’s England. Get a goal then stifle the opposition. Really disliked it when England played that way. But BMM is a thoughtful man and I have confidence that he will find a way to keep us in mid table without the stalwarts in the Sandy trying to hang themselves from the rafters during in the second half.
UTD
Match thread: Lincoln on 10:30 - Sep 18 with 2116 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match thread: Lincoln on 09:24 - Sep 18 by richfoad32

I think the general consensus on here is that most believe Alby will make a difference upon his return. It's just that nobody knows when that will be. I read summat a few weeks ago where apparently the physio said he was close to full fitness, since then, nada.

If he is fit he will never last 90 mins.....
Match thread: Lincoln on 10:38 - Sep 18 with 2107 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:30 - Sep 18 by Yorkshire_Dale

If he is fit he will never last 90 mins.....

..and you know that because.. ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:42 - Sep 18 with 2090 viewselectricblue

Alby may have a lot on his mind.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/246998/alby”s-mum/#0

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:47 - Sep 18 with 2074 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:10 - Sep 18 by jonahwhereru

Surprised by the comment about lack of pace. Whenever I have seen Pyke he has been fast enough to give a greyhound a run for its money. Plus Hendo looks as fit as ever and can still put a shift on when required.
Alby was a different player under BBM, and looked a better target option than Calvin, but his stock is rising in his abensce, which is so often the case in this game. He will need to be cut plenty of slack when he returns given his lack of match practice, and current challenging personal circumstance. We should not expect a change of fortune within a couple of games of his return.
From the comments when we are at home we sound like Sven’s England. Get a goal then stifle the opposition. Really disliked it when England played that way. But BMM is a thoughtful man and I have confidence that he will find a way to keep us in mid table without the stalwarts in the Sandy trying to hang themselves from the rafters during in the second half.
UTD

What is his current challenging personal circumstance?

Edit: Sorry, just seen above post.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 10:48]
Match thread: Lincoln on 11:18 - Sep 18 with 1996 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

It is a sad indictment that were are pinning all our hopes on a forward who will be 40 next month. The problem is when Henderson is alone up front he starts wandering all over the place when he should be stood on the last opposition defender.
Last night we shot ourselves in the foot once again, by fannying about at the back instead of clearing danger upfield. With 10 minutes to go we should have been playing in the corner flag areas but with no outlet we couldn`t.
Andrew should have been on by then, even though it seems that most of you hate the thought of him crossing the white line at all. He would have given their defenders something to think about, which would have been the first time in the game, as they had it easy all night.
Until we realise that we will concede at least once due to the tactics employed, then we need to score at least 2 to win any given game.
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Lincoln on 11:40 - Sep 18 with 1965 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Lincoln on 10:10 - Sep 18 by jonahwhereru

UTD

BBM is indeed thoughtful. He's learned from last Saturday already by having Sanchez cut out the imperative to play the ball out from the six yard box

Sanchez did so when appropriate, but otherwise took the opportunity to launch the ball upfield. Unfortunately, we had no-one there to make it stick. Pyke did quite well in the first half with headers-on but then somehow disappeared from action, not least because there was no-one within 30 yards of receiving the ball

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Lincoln on 12:28 - Sep 18 with 1828 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Match thread: Lincoln on 11:18 - Sep 18 by RooleyMoorBlue

It is a sad indictment that were are pinning all our hopes on a forward who will be 40 next month. The problem is when Henderson is alone up front he starts wandering all over the place when he should be stood on the last opposition defender.
Last night we shot ourselves in the foot once again, by fannying about at the back instead of clearing danger upfield. With 10 minutes to go we should have been playing in the corner flag areas but with no outlet we couldn`t.
Andrew should have been on by then, even though it seems that most of you hate the thought of him crossing the white line at all. He would have given their defenders something to think about, which would have been the first time in the game, as they had it easy all night.
Until we realise that we will concede at least once due to the tactics employed, then we need to score at least 2 to win any given game.

The vast majority of us don’t hate the thought of him crossing the white line, it’s just the fact that he hasn’t scored a goal since early December 2018 renders us less optimistic of his impact than you.
He may very well give defenders something to think about. Unfortunately that something won’t be conceding.
Watch him score on Saturday, watch him then not score for another 6 months.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Match thread: Lincoln on 13:11 - Sep 18 with 1704 viewsShun

Match thread: Lincoln on 11:40 - Sep 18 by D_Alien

BBM is indeed thoughtful. He's learned from last Saturday already by having Sanchez cut out the imperative to play the ball out from the six yard box

Sanchez did so when appropriate, but otherwise took the opportunity to launch the ball upfield. Unfortunately, we had no-one there to make it stick. Pyke did quite well in the first half with headers-on but then somehow disappeared from action, not least because there was no-one within 30 yards of receiving the ball

Agree with that, and it’s something that hasn’t been mentioned yet. Hill got a lot of criticism, rightly so, for being so stubborn that he refused to change a tactic that week after week wasn’t working. At Peterborough it was the first time that playing every single ball from the back has cost us goals. BBM recognised that and in the very next match it was changed. It’s great to see.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 17:17]
Match thread: Lincoln on 13:14 - Sep 18 with 1688 viewspioneer

Match thread: Lincoln on 08:53 - Sep 18 by James1980

A negative aspect of selling players for a low initial fee with jam for tomorrow add ons is there isn't a decent sum of money to bolster the squad in the window. I would be surprised if we couldn't have got close to a million for Adshead had we lowered some of the add on clauses.
Well aware that any money from transfers must first go to balance the books. But a greater fee may have given extra cash for BBM to add to the squad.

too many on here have drunk the cool aid and think that we should take the risk of future success of the players we sell to big clubs , not the big clubs. I prefer the posh approach, get a big fee upfront with certainty, no risk,
Match thread: Lincoln on 13:23 - Sep 18 with 1661 viewsdiver

Lack of training facilities are the real reason we are fading badly in the second half evident in the home games we have played this season.Until we get these we will always struggle with our fitness compared to our opponents.I do not know what the answer is but it is unfair to get on the lads backs it is not their fault when competing with clubs who have these facilities.Fleetwood fan tells me that that their training facilities are "state of the art'".I wonder what City are doing with training ground they lent to Bury?
Match thread: Lincoln on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1634 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Lincoln on 13:23 - Sep 18 by diver

Lack of training facilities are the real reason we are fading badly in the second half evident in the home games we have played this season.Until we get these we will always struggle with our fitness compared to our opponents.I do not know what the answer is but it is unfair to get on the lads backs it is not their fault when competing with clubs who have these facilities.Fleetwood fan tells me that that their training facilities are "state of the art'".I wonder what City are doing with training ground they lent to Bury?

Lack of our own training facilities is not the same as having no training facilities, I don’t think that should impact on fitness levels . Getting hammered on Saturday , and then playing on Tuesday against a hard working team did make us look leggy I agree, but that’s what the subs bench is for.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Lincoln on 14:16 - Sep 18 with 1533 viewsMass_Debater

Match thread: Lincoln on 13:14 - Sep 18 by pioneer

too many on here have drunk the cool aid and think that we should take the risk of future success of the players we sell to big clubs , not the big clubs. I prefer the posh approach, get a big fee upfront with certainty, no risk,

Quel surprise, another negative post
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 14:19]
Match thread: Lincoln on 15:19 - Sep 18 with 1419 views442Dale

Match thread: Lincoln on 13:14 - Sep 18 by pioneer

What clubs would have offered big fees for someone like Rickie Lambert who paid off many times over down the years?

Or Scott Hogan who we’ve received a lot of money for since he left despite his own career stalling somewhat?

Proven method which suits our club. If we can get more for players, great, but failing to see many deals which we’ve majorly lost out on by utilising this approach.

Match thread: Lincoln on 15:22 - Sep 18 with 1412 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread: Lincoln on 14:16 - Sep 18 by Mass_Debater

Quel surprise, another negative post
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 14:19]

We can still sign free agents can’t we if we need to strengthen the squad, there are loads out there still ( admittedly probably for a reason).

Isaac Buckley Ricketts at Peterborough might well be worth a look, if we have not already, was well thought of at city, Craig Tanner is without a club (one for fitz) after leaving Motherwell, no real idea about him tbh but only 24.

Obviously players like Hooper we could never attract and others such as daggers have probably had their day, but surely there must be a few players out there, who would not want fortunes, who would add to the squad and numbers, even if a short term deal.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread: Lincoln on 15:22 - Sep 18 with 1413 views442Dale

Match thread: Lincoln on 13:23 - Sep 18 by diver

We’ve competed at this level for five years and have been told time and again how fit our players are. We’ve succeeded for over a decade utilising the training facilities we already have available, so not sure how having our own (which would incur massive costs which would then affect the playing budget) would improve the situation much.

Match thread: Lincoln on 15:45 - Sep 18 with 1363 viewsNigeriamark

Match thread: Lincoln on 22:35 - Sep 17 by nordenblue

That coupled with the fact Hendo comes deeper and deeper looking for the ball that someone else should really be used to find him with, leading to nothing uo front at all.

God only knows why we bring every single player back for every set piece in our own box is staggering and just invites constant pressure, it must be something in the coaching manual as Hilly absolutely loved the idea too.

Very good first half and should have been out of sight if we had a foward to help Hendo out, and a poor second under pressure for most of it.

When BBM first started it looked as if he had instructed Hendo to stay upfront at all costs and it worked. Last night was the first game I have missed seeing as I was travelling but I certainly noticed Hendo coming back too much on Saturday. Coming back won't help when the issue on Saturday was defensive errors. He should keep him upfront so that 1 or probably 2 defenders also have to stay back too. As has been pointed out this was a problem under Hilly at the end and although we know Hendo is super fit for his age it can't help if he is running around the whole pitch all the time. He needs to be 100% sharp when those chances come upfront

one other issue under Hilly's reign in the last couple of seasons was this perception of "good draws". I am less concerned with the 2 losses this year than the four draws. We have only lost 2 from 8 yet are 16th. Not an issue yet but hanging on for what we have when we take a lead is not what we want. I would rather see us deal in wins and losses
Match thread: Lincoln on 16:26 - Sep 18 with 1294 views49thseason

The first imperative is to get to January in a relatively good position, i.e not adrift in a relegation spot. There should be some Dawson money as well as the Adshead cash and some United funds in the pot for adding a couple or three more to the squad. two forwards would be ideal and I suspect we will be looking for a left-sided centre half again too. Clearly, Alby is virtually at the end of the road and Calvin has little to offer, and indeed Hendo whilst being as fit as the proverbial butcher's dog cannot go on forever. Forwards are desperately needed at every club but we need to unearth another Lambert, Holt or Hogan PDQ, someone who can score goals and lead the line, and ideally, we need a succession of then in a Peterborough stylee albeit at lower initial costs.
Match thread: Lincoln on 16:27 - Sep 18 with 1293 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Lincoln on 15:22 - Sep 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

We can still sign free agents can’t we if we need to strengthen the squad, there are loads out there still ( admittedly probably for a reason).

Isaac Buckley Ricketts at Peterborough might well be worth a look, if we have not already, was well thought of at city, Craig Tanner is without a club (one for fitz) after leaving Motherwell, no real idea about him tbh but only 24.

Obviously players like Hooper we could never attract and others such as daggers have probably had their day, but surely there must be a few players out there, who would not want fortunes, who would add to the squad and numbers, even if a short term deal.

Scottish CF who are free agents https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Welsh https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Irish https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Northern Irish https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Lincoln on 16:45 - Sep 18 with 1246 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread: Lincoln on 16:27 - Sep 18 by James1980

Scottish CF who are free agents https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Welsh https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Irish https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

Northern Irish https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

1 name leaps out from the Scottish list. Jai Quitongo!

I asked fitz about him a couple of years ago but it sounds like he is a toy that has become broken.

Again he will know far more than me about what has gone on.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Match thread: Lincoln on 17:02 - Sep 18 with 1200 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Lincoln on 16:45 - Sep 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

I asked fitz about him a couple of years ago but it sounds like he is a toy that has become broken.

English CFs who are free agents
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//ga

I selected the CF option rather than Second Striker.

Perhaps Quitongo on a pay as you play contract till January might be worth a punt. Unless he could be a disruption to the dressing room

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match thread: Lincoln on 17:45 - Sep 18 with 1114 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Lincoln on 16:45 - Sep 18 by Thacks_Rabbits

I wouldn’t touch any of them, to be honest.

Jai Quitongo a few years ago was fast, strong and skilful. A nightmare to mark or defend against. Peterborough and Doncaster bid for him and Morton turned them down. Quitongo then got injured and was out for a good while. He didn’t come back anywhere near the same player. Morton were going to stick by him but he refused to sign a new deal and ended up at... Partick! Last seen in Iran.

The real interesting name on that list is Islam Faruz. Signed by Chelsea and touted as Scotland’s answer to Messi. A classic case of being given everything before achieving anything, sadly.

Tanner I’ve seen more than most, given a family link I have with Motherwell presently. Injuries aside, he always looked decent. I thought he was Bolton bound, but it didn’t happen.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Lincoln on 18:46 - Sep 18 with 1000 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Match thread: Lincoln on 17:45 - Sep 18 by fitzochris

I wouldn’t touch any of them, to be honest.

Jai Quitongo a few years ago was fast, strong and skilful. A nightmare to mark or defend against. Peterborough and Doncaster bid for him and Morton turned them down. Quitongo then got injured and was out for a good while. He didn’t come back anywhere near the same player. Morton were going to stick by him but he refused to sign a new deal and ended up at... Partick! Last seen in Iran.

The real interesting name on that list is Islam Faruz. Signed by Chelsea and touted as Scotland’s answer to Messi. A classic case of being given everything before achieving anything, sadly.

Tanner I’ve seen more than most, given a family link I have with Motherwell presently. Injuries aside, he always looked decent. I thought he was Bolton bound, but it didn’t happen.

Thanks fitz, I only have a little knowledge on Scottish football so always good to get a more informative view. Could Jai fit into the Mendez Lang type of category with some work? Tanner and him on trial would surely be worth a look with view to a short term deal.

Faruz I know nothing about, sound like josh mc who was touted as amazing, and now is also without a club.

Did Jai also have a brother at Morton? What became of him???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024