Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend in bother again 13:18 - Sep 19 with 1895 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49755240

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Southend in bother again on 19:42 - Sep 19 with 1864 viewsgerry_us

Whilst I have no love or affiliation for Southend we should all be concerned that our near neighbour could again be in desperate trouble. It just shows that any Div 1 or 2 club is not immune to this sort of problem, and that includes us!
God forbid that they should go to the wall; who could we sportingly hate locally as much instead?
Oh..I know, silly me
Southend in bother again on 21:52 - Sep 19 with 1848 viewsnoah4x4

Orient are currently our nearest rival and yet I have a soft spot for them. Obviously want victory Saturday, but keen to otherwise see them do well.
Southend in bother again on 00:20 - Sep 20 with 1838 viewsmfb_cufc

Southend first had a winding up order against them about 10 years ago, and have had many more since then. Sainsbury's, are going to build a store on the Roots Hall site, whenever that may be, and when it got a day from the winding up order they always bailed them out. Planning permission for Fossetts Farm was confirmed in 2008, but the scheme depends on financing from an adjacent retail development, and it is not known if or when this will become commercially viable. On January 4th 2019 More than 5,000 people have signed a letter of support for Southend United's 21,000-seat stadium at Fossetts Farm.It will now be passed on to planning officers at Southend Council, who have been reviewing the application for almost two years.

I have never heard that the players have not been paid, so it is hard to know exactly how bad things are, but surely they don't still need a 21,000-seat stadium, especially if they go down to League 2.

mfb

Southend in bother again on 00:24 - Sep 20 with 1837 viewswessex_exile

Southend in bother again on 00:20 - Sep 20 by mfb_cufc

Southend first had a winding up order against them about 10 years ago, and have had many more since then. Sainsbury's, are going to build a store on the Roots Hall site, whenever that may be, and when it got a day from the winding up order they always bailed them out. Planning permission for Fossetts Farm was confirmed in 2008, but the scheme depends on financing from an adjacent retail development, and it is not known if or when this will become commercially viable. On January 4th 2019 More than 5,000 people have signed a letter of support for Southend United's 21,000-seat stadium at Fossetts Farm.It will now be passed on to planning officers at Southend Council, who have been reviewing the application for almost two years.

I have never heard that the players have not been paid, so it is hard to know exactly how bad things are, but surely they don't still need a 21,000-seat stadium, especially if they go down to League 2.

Ron enjoys sailing close to the wire, they won’t get wound up by HMRC, it’s just pantomime...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Southend in bother again on 00:45 - Sep 20 with 1835 viewsmfb_cufc

Southend in bother again on 00:24 - Sep 20 by wessex_exile

Ron enjoys sailing close to the wire, they won’t get wound up by HMRC, it’s just pantomime...

Correct.

mfb

Southend in bother again on 19:54 - Sep 22 with 1712 viewsLeadbelly

Southend in bother again on 00:45 - Sep 20 by mfb_cufc

Correct.

Henrik Larsson being linked with the vacant manager’s job at Roots Hall. Presumably Ron has found some money from somewhere.

Southend in bother again on 19:31 - Mar 3 with 1444 viewsburnsieespana

See Sarfend appear to be in the mire again owing the HMRC £668,000 before transfer embargo can be lifted plus most staff have yet to be paid for February.
Sol must wonder what he has done!
On a serious note they could well and should face a points penalty but question is, if it comes will it be for this season or next?
Tough times for our neighbours.
Southend in bother again on 22:07 - Mar 3 with 1422 viewsthrillseeker

Southend in bother again on 19:31 - Mar 3 by burnsieespana

See Sarfend appear to be in the mire again owing the HMRC £668,000 before transfer embargo can be lifted plus most staff have yet to be paid for February.
Sol must wonder what he has done!
On a serious note they could well and should face a points penalty but question is, if it comes will it be for this season or next?
Tough times for our neighbours.

Any points deductions after 01 March are carried over to the next season unless it is for illegible players.

£668000 is a lot of money.

Although I do not want to lose clubs I feel it is about time High Courts backed HMRC and closed some clubs. It would be a real life lesson for other clubs to get their house in order.

If HMRC were after me I bet the High Court would not offer me chance after chance after chance
Login to get fewer ads

Southend in bother again on 22:31 - Mar 3 with 1416 viewsgerry_us

Southend in bother again on 22:07 - Mar 3 by thrillseeker

Any points deductions after 01 March are carried over to the next season unless it is for illegible players.

£668000 is a lot of money.

Although I do not want to lose clubs I feel it is about time High Courts backed HMRC and closed some clubs. It would be a real life lesson for other clubs to get their house in order.

If HMRC were after me I bet the High Court would not offer me chance after chance after chance

DO you owe them then?
Southend in bother again on 14:12 - Mar 4 with 1378 viewsthrillseeker

Southend in bother again on 22:31 - Mar 3 by gerry_us

DO you owe them then?

No I am from Colchester not Sarfend
Southend in bother again on 23:45 - Mar 4 with 1352 viewsnoah4x4

What I don't get is football club debt to HMRC is typically PAYE and NI that has been deducted from the player's wages. If football clubs have borrowed/stolen from that pot (which surely they don't have any legal right over?), why do they get any sympathy from any quarter, notably from judges?

I don't get the option to defer payment of my taxes that are deducted at source. If my employer (er, today...my pension provider) failed to hand over my money, I would be furious.
Southend in bother again on 18:59 - Mar 9 with 1276 viewsburnsieespana

More trouble for our Essex neighbours as under investigation for playing an ineligible player and charged with misconduct for not paying players wages.
Going from bad to worse.
Southend in bother again on 19:37 - Mar 9 with 1270 viewsLeadbelly

Southend in bother again on 18:59 - Mar 9 by burnsieespana

More trouble for our Essex neighbours as under investigation for playing an ineligible player and charged with misconduct for not paying players wages.
Going from bad to worse.

I think there is a cut off date for EFL imposed sanctions so if Southend have any sense they will ensure the fully justified points deduction is applied this season rather than for the start of next season. Although seeing them in the National League for the 2021/22 season would be hilarious.

Southend in bother again on 07:58 - Mar 10 with 1245 viewsnoah4x4

With a reported £638,000 debt to HMRC can they survive long enough to make the National League? Or might they follow Bury into deeper oblivion?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 7:59]
Southend in bother again on 15:46 - Mar 11 with 1206 viewsdurham_exile

Southend in bother again on 07:58 - Mar 10 by noah4x4

With a reported £638,000 debt to HMRC can they survive long enough to make the National League? Or might they follow Bury into deeper oblivion?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 7:59]

HMRC delay winding up order until April 29th for Scummend

UTU's

Durham_exile

Southend in bother again on 16:01 - Mar 12 with 1152 viewsthrillseeker

Southend in bother again on 15:46 - Mar 11 by durham_exile

HMRC delay winding up order until April 29th for Scummend

UTU's

How many chances do HMRC and the High Court want to give?

Maybe the imminent postponement of league or behind closed door matches will finally tip Sarfend over the edge
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024