Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? 22:04 - Sep 19 with 3363 viewsnoah4x4

Colchester & EE win SNEL Essex Division One and promotion.

Essex look favourites for the title in the County Championship given post hurricane rain will wash out Taunton and we are currently 12 points clear.

Essex in T20 Finals (I have tickets - will watch U’s on I-Follow later).

Has the local cricket season ever ended on a better high?

Will be at Spurs and on the bus to Macclesfield, but cricket is still top of my agenda.

Anybody else heading for Edgbaston?

[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 22:05]
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 20:42 - Sep 29 with 949 viewsmfb_cufc

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 20:23 - Sep 29 by gerry_us

Great to hear that Sir Alastair will be playing again next season .....at least. Strange comments from Ravi though. Surely he is not looking to leave after being so involved in a team achieving a double for the first time. Maybe he is playing for time as his contract expired this season. Can't see him playing for any other county though so probably subject to "negotiations?"

I agree with everything you say Gerry. But regarding Ravi, apparently he missed a couple of Championship games earlier in the season due to disciplinary reasons, so all may not be as it seems with him. No idea what happened, but perhaps he just feels he could due with a change of scenery.

mfb

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 09:04 - Sep 30 with 925 viewsburnsieespana

Evidently he disagreed with something mid season hence why he was left out but seem to recall Ravi has more than once said things about a change of scenery at season end. Trouble is with Harmer making a thing of him being such a fantastic finisher, etc makes him attractive to other sides. Other issue is the 100 whatever that is comes in next season which are city based teams and Chelmsford not one of them so believe T20 going to be different format next year anyway.
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 13:39 - Oct 16 with 850 viewsburnsieespana

Essex just put a post on instragram to set Ravi is set to leave Essex.
In my view be a real big loss for Essex as Ravi is so reliable in all forms of cricket.
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 16:23 - Oct 16 with 837 viewsnoah4x4

Ravi has declined an “improved contract”.
https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2019/10/16/ravi-bopara-to-leave-essex
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 18:18 - Oct 16 with 832 viewsLeadbelly

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 16:23 - Oct 16 by noah4x4

Ravi has declined an “improved contract”.
https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2019/10/16/ravi-bopara-to-leave-essex

Signed for Sussex. Seems an odd choice to me and I'm disappointed to see him go but he is certainly leaving on a high.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 23:56 - Oct 16 with 815 viewsmfb_cufc

Heard him talking on Radio5 tonight, and he said the reason he left Essex was because he was looking for a longer contract. I think the real reason is he has allegedly had disciplinary issues that caused him to be dropped a couple of times last season. Whatever they were he probably made his mind up then that he would leave at the end of the season. As LB said Sussex is a strange choice. Thought he would be looking to stay in Division One. Though he did appear to be friendly with Luke Wright, who was on the same programme, going back to the time both were playing for England in the T20.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 23:30]

mfb

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 07:00 - Oct 17 with 806 viewsbwildered

Always seems to be more cash on the coast.
Essex made a loss despite doing the double and taking the prize money.
County could not meet Ravi's his terms and conditions.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 17:29 - Oct 17 with 792 viewsgerry_us

He will be missed but we have many upcoming guys who can fill the gap. Will miss Ravi's uncanny knack of taking wickets when really necessary but have been disappointed with his batting apart from the last month or so of the season when he showed what he could do. Was he putting himself in the market place? Really cant understand the move to Division 2 and Sussex though. Whilst Chelmsford isn't Lords, Hove is hardly palatial and I remember a few years ago as a dump. Can't think the acquisition of Ravi will suddenly create a resurrection of what was a really good county side few years back. Good luck to him although I doubt his intentions of getting back into the international scene via T20 is a bit of a dream and I would suggest highly unlikely
Login to get fewer ads

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 22:20 - Oct 17 with 782 viewsGOSBTS

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 17:29 - Oct 17 by gerry_us

He will be missed but we have many upcoming guys who can fill the gap. Will miss Ravi's uncanny knack of taking wickets when really necessary but have been disappointed with his batting apart from the last month or so of the season when he showed what he could do. Was he putting himself in the market place? Really cant understand the move to Division 2 and Sussex though. Whilst Chelmsford isn't Lords, Hove is hardly palatial and I remember a few years ago as a dump. Can't think the acquisition of Ravi will suddenly create a resurrection of what was a really good county side few years back. Good luck to him although I doubt his intentions of getting back into the international scene via T20 is a bit of a dream and I would suggest highly unlikely

Haven't been to Hove for a good few years but when I visited Chelsmford for one of the rained off T20 games this season my first thought was "wow, this is very similar to Hove" in its set up. From memory a very comparable ground. As a Sussex fan, I'm delighted by this. You're right though, Gerry, Sussex is certainly a downgrade in terms of quality at the moment considering how poor we are in the County Championship. Sussex have got a loyal set of fans and we're proud of our cricket team however, so he'll be in a homely atmosphere. Perhaps Dizzy as head coach was enticing?
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 23:38 - Oct 17 with 776 viewsmfb_cufc

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 17:29 - Oct 17 by gerry_us

Excellent post Gerry. His batting in the Championship has not been good, but playing half your games at Chelmsford will not do your average a lot of good.

mfb

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 23:00 - Nov 18 with 671 viewsmfb_cufc

A bit of a late call, but Somerset got docked 24 points for preparing a poor pitch in that last game of the season against Essex. They start next season on -12, with 12 points suspended for two years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50466256

mfb

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 23:39 - Nov 18 with 668 viewsgerry_us

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 23:00 - Nov 18 by mfb_cufc

A bit of a late call, but Somerset got docked 24 points for preparing a poor pitch in that last game of the season against Essex. They start next season on -12, with 12 points suspended for two years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50466256

Wonder what would have happened if they had actually won the game?
What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 15:31 - Nov 19 with 629 viewsmfb_cufc

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 23:39 - Nov 18 by gerry_us

Wonder what would have happened if they had actually won the game?

I was thinking the same thing Gerry. If it wasn't for rain they probably would have done as well. I don't know why it has taken 8 weeks to come to this conclusion when everybody could see the pitch was crap. When Essex got docked 25 points in 1989 they were taken away instantly, and those lost points meant Worcester were champions instead of them.

mfb

What price an Essex Championship and T20 double? on 17:29 - Nov 19 with 620 viewsnoah4x4

I suspect the deciding Committee meets infrequently and/or didn’t want any controversy being debated in the Media during the recent ‘Hundred’ player draft and/or during the New Zealand v England test fixtures. Hence this week was best for any bad news stories and soon forgotten by the start of the First Test on Thursday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024