Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Number 6 will play 22:16 - Sep 25 with 754 viewsdurham_exile

Crawley Away

UTU's

Durham_exile

Number 6 will play on 22:19 - Sep 25 with 745 viewsGOSBTS

Though not the tie everyone would have hoped for in some respects, it presents an incredible chance to make it to the Quarters. We've had our taste of giant killings in the last two rounds - seeing how far we can go must be the aim now surely!
Number 6 will play on 22:31 - Sep 25 with 729 viewsGOSBTS

Plus the fact that only 3 of the "top 6" can possibly be in the QF draw, due to the ties. What an opportunity.

(Sorry to double post)
Number 6 will play on 22:38 - Sep 25 with 719 viewsnoah4x4

My son & grandson live just down the road from the Checkatrade Stadium so I have a good reason to welcome yet another trip to Sussex. But they are both Villa fans. Maybe Villa Park in the next round? But it’s otherwise a poor draw given we need revenue;

No hope of being the chosen as live broadcast - so no money from that.
If we win, £15,000 prize money.
45% of gate.

We need to win and get another share of a Premier League gate.
Number 6 will play on 22:39 - Sep 25 with 718 viewsgerry_us

That's PANTS!
Number 6 will play on 22:42 - Sep 25 with 715 viewsburnsieespana

Yes crap draw unless we can win!
Number 6 will play on 22:52 - Sep 25 with 700 viewsdurham_exile

Number 6 will play on 22:42 - Sep 25 by burnsieespana

Yes crap draw unless we can win!

burnsie Colchester will win and then we can look forward to a quarter final tie

UTU's

Durham_exile

Number 6 will play on 23:21 - Sep 25 with 689 viewswessex_exile

I'm not 100% convinced that the TV coverage won't be interested, it is after all a nailed-on certainty that a League 2 side is in the quarter-finals?

Ha - who am I kidding, wish it might be otherwise, but $ky will want Chelski v Man U and Liverpool v Arsenal, because money talks and f'ck the hopes and aspirations of the lower leagues.

Still, it's our second-best chance to get to the quarter-finals, could only be bettered if we played it at the Community Stadium - just hope I can get a ticket. The terrace holds 1,600, and the small bank of seats maybe another 200, so 1,800 tops I reckon.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Number 6 will play on 05:59 - Sep 26 with 658 viewsbwildered

Cruel draw, getting two of the lowest ranked sIdes remaining drawn together , Considering the percentage of PL clubs still in the competition and Aresenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and ManU still to to drawn, BOTH clubs will be disappointed.
However a better chance to progress .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Number 6 will play on 09:32 - Sep 26 with 621 viewsLeadbelly

Mate of mine, who lives in Lancashire, emailed me yesterday morning to say he was hoping for a draw away at one of the big north west clubs as he hasn't seen the Us for years. He has just reminded me of my response, at 10.09, that we would be drawn away at Crawley. Mystic Lead!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Number 6 will play on 11:04 - Sep 26 with 606 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Have we ever got to the quarter finals of the League Cup before?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Number 6 will play on 11:58 - Sep 26 with 599 viewswessex_exile

Number 6 will play on 11:04 - Sep 26 by RSCOSWORTH

Have we ever got to the quarter finals of the League Cup before?

Aston Villa in 1974 was the quarter-finals - only time though I think.

Up the U's

Number 6 will play on 12:56 - Sep 26 with 595 viewsgerry_us

Number 6 will play on 05:59 - Sep 26 by bwildered

Cruel draw, getting two of the lowest ranked sIdes remaining drawn together , Considering the percentage of PL clubs still in the competition and Aresenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and ManU still to to drawn, BOTH clubs will be disappointed.
However a better chance to progress .

We must not forget that the away team takes 45% of gate receipts. Oh...forgot its Crawley, tops 3,000.
Rochdale did pretty well last night 45% of 58,000. Oh what could have been for us.
Number 6 will play on 13:29 - Sep 26 with 586 viewsnoah4x4

During the Q & As in the Layer Suite before the Spurs match Robbie Cowling suggested that in the event of a U’s win he would prefer a winnable home game in the next round. Crawley is clearly winnable, and the share of (low) gate receipts probably similar!

He also favoured West Ham away. Well there is a surprise, but not as much as the Hammers being dumped out of the cup 4-0.
Number 6 will play on 14:31 - Sep 26 with 580 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Number 6 will play on 11:58 - Sep 26 by wessex_exile

Thanks Wessex, before I was born that one.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Number 6 will play on 17:42 - Sep 26 with 553 viewsdurham_exile

Number 6 will play on 11:58 - Sep 26 by wessex_exile

Wessex an absolute classic - I had started work in London in the October of 1974 and travelled straight after work for the evening match v Villa. It was early December and there were almost 12,000 in the ground.

Aston Villa went 2-0 up and Ray Graydon secured their second goal which was a 35 yard screamer. Despite pulling one goal back we lost 2-1.

In the semi final Aston Villa played Chester and there is no doubt in my mind that we would have defeated Chester and would have played at Wembley in the final.

We must defeat Crawley in October and anything can then happen in the Quarter Final!!!!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Number 6 will play on 20:13 - Sep 26 with 528 viewswessex_exile

Number 6 will play on 17:42 - Sep 26 by durham_exile

Wessex an absolute classic - I had started work in London in the October of 1974 and travelled straight after work for the evening match v Villa. It was early December and there were almost 12,000 in the ground.

Aston Villa went 2-0 up and Ray Graydon secured their second goal which was a 35 yard screamer. Despite pulling one goal back we lost 2-1.

In the semi final Aston Villa played Chester and there is no doubt in my mind that we would have defeated Chester and would have played at Wembley in the final.

We must defeat Crawley in October and anything can then happen in the Quarter Final!!!!

UTU's

Indeed it was Durham, I was there as a young lad on the barside that evening. I remember an elderly couple from Brum making room so I could stand at the front of the terrace. Also remember the police/ stewards removing U's fans over the wall from the Layer Rd end (T2) because there were so many Villa fans in there.

I've mapped it out, beat Crawley away in the 4th round, Burton at home in the quarters, and then Oxford at home in the semis - simple

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024