Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson record? 09:12 - Sep 26 with 2829 viewsdingdangblue

I guess he's just become the youngest ever goalscorer at Old Trafford?
I know Mason Greenwood became the youngest ever Utd player to score there v Astana last week and he's 17.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson record? on 09:35 - Sep 26 with 2740 viewsdingdangblue

Safe to say Matheson is in the news today,!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/49836092

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Matheson record? on 10:09 - Sep 26 with 2670 viewsCleedale

Hope the Board are not 'enticed' into selling another 'Crown' Oil Arena 'Jewel' on the cheap especially after what must be such massive worldwide coverage.

Hope the lad can cope with the astronomical overnight fame this event could expose him to but he should have a very illustrious career ahead of him.

Any lip-readers out there - would love to know what he was shouting out in the post-goal celebration?
Matheson record? on 10:33 - Sep 26 with 2586 viewsdingdangblue

Love this photo.

and this...

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 10:51]

Matheson record? on 10:46 - Sep 26 with 2546 viewsJames1980

Watch the latest videos from Rochdale on iFollow - https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/ifollow/ freeview interview by Luke. He comes across extremely well top lad

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Matheson record? on 10:50 - Sep 26 with 2524 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Matheson record? on 10:33 - Sep 26 by dingdangblue

Love this photo.

and this...

[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 10:51]

Fantastic night and will go a hell of a long way to raising the profile of the club both locally and nationally, and was an amazing night for all concerned, especially Luke.

What is in our favour with regards to Luke is that he seems an exceptionally mature lad, clearly ensuring that he gets a good education and appears to have his feet firmly on the ground. I don’t know him or his circumstances but would guess he has very good role models both in his family and at the club.

Obviously if we receive a ridiculous bid and he gets personal terms that set him up for life, he might go, particularly if its a local club, but he comes across as a lad that sees his education as a priority, which should be applauded.

I could see a big local premier league club coming in for him and us keeping him on loan, maybe even until he finishes his studies, time will tell, but I sincerely hope the likes of hendo and big Jim are spending plenty of time with him, I am sure they are!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Matheson record? on 10:51 - Sep 26 with 2522 viewsDaley_Lama

Proper knee-slide!

Poll: DF in or out

Matheson record? on 11:02 - Sep 26 with 2485 viewsnordenblue

Matheson record? on 10:50 - Sep 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

Fantastic night and will go a hell of a long way to raising the profile of the club both locally and nationally, and was an amazing night for all concerned, especially Luke.

What is in our favour with regards to Luke is that he seems an exceptionally mature lad, clearly ensuring that he gets a good education and appears to have his feet firmly on the ground. I don’t know him or his circumstances but would guess he has very good role models both in his family and at the club.

Obviously if we receive a ridiculous bid and he gets personal terms that set him up for life, he might go, particularly if its a local club, but he comes across as a lad that sees his education as a priority, which should be applauded.

I could see a big local premier league club coming in for him and us keeping him on loan, maybe even until he finishes his studies, time will tell, but I sincerely hope the likes of hendo and big Jim are spending plenty of time with him, I am sure they are!!!

Spot on about the lad, to be fair Big Jim's probably still currently stood on the pitch at Old Trafford clapping...

A superb afternoon in Manchester only topped off by an incredible performance from every single of of the lads, last night should also have helped us how to play better when pressed and not much time when on the ball too.

On a side note if I had bought a season ticket to watch players like Pogba play like that every week I'd be looking into getting a crime number,the guys absolutely stealing a living.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 11:06]
Matheson record? on 11:43 - Sep 26 with 2377 viewsD_Alien

Matheson record? on 11:02 - Sep 26 by nordenblue

Spot on about the lad, to be fair Big Jim's probably still currently stood on the pitch at Old Trafford clapping...

A superb afternoon in Manchester only topped off by an incredible performance from every single of of the lads, last night should also have helped us how to play better when pressed and not much time when on the ball too.

On a side note if I had bought a season ticket to watch players like Pogba play like that every week I'd be looking into getting a crime number,the guys absolutely stealing a living.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 11:06]

It was a brilliant day all round, good atmosphere in the city centre and a barmy, balmy evening

Think we got our tactics spot on, and much less messing about at the back. Special word for Morley too, his composure on the ball was a joy to behold

Alby coming back made a difference too, we pushed further upfield and if he can get fully fit and stay fit, he'll be that huge missing piece in our jigsaw

But on a thread about Matheson, final word has to be about his all round performance and not just the goal. What a way to announce yourself to the footballing world, but it wouldn't surprise me if he has even more illustrious career highlights. Feet on solid ground, head on solid shoulders and an attitude that will see him in good stead wherever his talent takes him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Matheson record? on 12:00 - Sep 26 with 2324 viewsNigeriamark

Matheson record? on 10:50 - Sep 26 by Thacks_Rabbits

Nice touch at the end of the post match celebration when Jim pushed him forward to the corner flag to get a cheer for himself
Matheson record? on 12:28 - Sep 26 with 2263 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson record? on 12:00 - Sep 26 by Nigeriamark

Nice touch at the end of the post match celebration when Jim pushed him forward to the corner flag to get a cheer for himself

I think McNulty was trying to nick the United shirt Matheson had got for himself.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson record? on 14:13 - Sep 26 with 2080 viewsShun

How bloody good must Luke be feeling today? He’ll be walking round school like an actual celeb.
Matheson record? on 14:26 - Sep 26 with 2054 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson record? on 14:13 - Sep 26 by Shun

How bloody good must Luke be feeling today? He’ll be walking round school like an actual celeb.

... after his Psychology test!

Matheson record? on 14:52 - Sep 26 with 2002 viewsflyerdale

Matheson record? on 10:09 - Sep 26 by Cleedale

Hope the Board are not 'enticed' into selling another 'Crown' Oil Arena 'Jewel' on the cheap especially after what must be such massive worldwide coverage.

Hope the lad can cope with the astronomical overnight fame this event could expose him to but he should have a very illustrious career ahead of him.

Any lip-readers out there - would love to know what he was shouting out in the post-goal celebration?

Think it goes something like 'have that you red tvvats pick that out of the back of the net you swamp dwelling glory hunting tourist tvvats'
Matheson record? on 17:56 - Sep 26 with 1863 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Matheson record? on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 1791 viewsdingdangblue

Some good Matheson footage here.

Matheson record? on 19:55 - Sep 26 with 1680 viewsTVOS1907

Dale's third youngest goalscorer.

Two days 'older' than Jamie Taylor and 48 days 'older' than Steve Milligan.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2019 19:56]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024