Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One table 17:40 - Oct 1 with 1211 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/table

With almost quarter of the season in the books the league tables now mean something. The relegation zone is pretty easy on the eye but the automatic promotion places are very alarming.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

League One table on 19:45 - Oct 1 with 1192 viewsburnsieespana

A top 7 finish should be well within our reach as more importantly should a top 3.
JMc keeps talking about the depth of his squad and this we have at ladt a keeper who looks more than competent.
Relagation this year will only be for one side should provide teams at the bottom with relief although am surprised how badly Stevenage have started.
CYU's let's drive on and if we only have one defeat in our next 11 we should be there or thereabouts!
League One table on 00:16 - Oct 5 with 1127 viewsghughes11

Not liking the look of the League One table at the moment, with both Ips and Wyc at the top!

Although like seeing Southend struggling down the bottom! Neil Harris the latest manager to be linked to the seaweed down the road!

Can next season be the one where we have the 4 of us in?!?! Please :-)

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

League One table on 08:25 - Oct 5 with 1110 viewsGOSBTS

What’s the history between the U’s and Wycombe?
League One table on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 1090 viewsburnsieespana

League One table on 19:45 - Oct 1 by burnsieespana

A top 7 finish should be well within our reach as more importantly should a top 3.
JMc keeps talking about the depth of his squad and this we have at ladt a keeper who looks more than competent.
Relagation this year will only be for one side should provide teams at the bottom with relief although am surprised how badly Stevenage have started.
CYU's let's drive on and if we only have one defeat in our next 11 we should be there or thereabouts!

Was in cucko land when I wrote this!
Yes be a bummer if Ips and Wyc went up, Southend went down with us getting promotion. All local rivalry gone but maybe that would be best as we could concentrate without the hype of local derbies.
Unfortunately Ips lok a nailed on certanty and so they should with the squad they have along with the support they get.
League One table on 11:03 - Oct 5 with 1086 viewswessex_exile

League One table on 08:25 - Oct 5 by GOSBTS

We lost to them in the FA Cup at their old Loakes Rd ground in (I think?) 1985, at which there was quite a bit of crowd trouble before, during and after the match - the popular rumour was that there was a rent-a-mob up from London (Spurs?) in with the Wycombe supporters. This reached new levels of intensity during our conference years, with crowd trouble (usually from the barside) featuring often, and not helped by Martin O'Neill's incessant whining - he really didn't like Col U, and Big Roy knew just how to get under his skin! From then on, the rivalry has never really gone away.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

League One table on 11:07 - Oct 5 with 1086 viewsdurham_exile

League One table on 08:25 - Oct 5 by GOSBTS

GOSBTS - I will give a personal assessment I am sure other boarders have their own views.

I have disliked Wycombe ever since I lived in London and as a young lad supported Enfield. We lost at Wycombe in the FA Amateur Cup 2-1 and in those days Wycombe played at Loakes Park which was notorious for the poor playing surface and the slope from side to side unlike Yeovil which was end to end.

My first Colchester game against Wycombe was in 1985 when Colchester played poorly and lost 2-0 to the Chairboys in the FA Cup.

The Colchester Wycombe rivalry was really borne out of our two seasons in the GM Vauxhall Conference after we were relegated from the football league. In the first year 90-91 we finished runners up to Barnet and Wycombe were 5th but the next season with the combative Roy McDonough as player manager and Martin O'Neill in charge of Wycombe it was nip and tuck and both teams finished on 94 points after 42 games but we were promoted to the football league on Goal difference.

But at Wycombe's new stadium Adams Park we won 2-1 with our goal keeper Scott Barrett scoring an 89th minute winner I believe the only time a Colchester keeper has scored from open play it was a long punt down field.

In fairness we have played Wycombe 37 times with 9 wins 13 draws and 12 defeats to Wycombe.
They have also faired better in the league with seasons in league one and this season they are challenging at the top end.

The last time I went to Adams Park we drew 0-0 and a number of Colchester fans sported shirts with "We 8 Wycombe" the only time I have seen that on a U's fans shirt and that includes Ipswich and Southend.

A number of people would argue that the Wycombe rivalry sparks from the Non league days but I have never liked them going back over 50 years.

Hope this helps I would be interested in other boarders views.

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024