Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us 19:17 - Oct 3 with 8790 viewsThacks_Rabbits

In light of Pogba strutting about stealing a living last week I was trying to think of ex players here who never appeared to give 100% effort. I don’t mean the likes of George Donnelly, who always gave his all with limited talent or those we signed such as Mark Leonard who were finished really, regardless of effort.

I can’t think of that many really, Binman maybe, Paddy always gave his all but clearly had stamina issues, Jason Peake I recall being criticised for bottling tackles and Paul Williams never tried 100%.

I am struggling to think of many other than Williams that definitely did not try their hardest.

Sure I have opened a can of worms here but my memory is not what it was!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:21 - Oct 3 with 5289 viewsdawlishdale

Brad Inman.

Going back further

Paul Tait
Lee Hodges
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:22 - Oct 3 with 5286 viewsrochdaleriddler

I’ve never been a pogba fan, but he was carrying an injury

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:36 - Oct 3 with 5251 viewsnordenblue

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:22 - Oct 3 by rochdaleriddler

I’ve never been a pogba fan, but he was carrying an injury

What for the last 3 years?

Seen him play a few times live and still can't see anything in him at all to warrant anywhere near his price tag, he usually sits deeper and leathers the ball 70 yards over the top countless times,then when 1 of them eventually falls to a striker it's a worldy of a pass.

A few folk reckon he's better when surrounded by better players,sadly he needs to be to fooking carry him.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:43 - Oct 3 with 5232 viewsScunnydale

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:21 - Oct 3 by dawlishdale

Brad Inman.

Going back further

Paul Tait
Lee Hodges

This thread was made for Hodges.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:48 - Oct 3 with 5201 viewssoulboy

Theres probably load but a couple that come to mind are Les Lawrence who went through every game game at walking pace and Mike Doyle who had a groin strain every time we played south of Birmingham!
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:09 - Oct 3 with 5153 viewsfrenzied

Pogbas a world class player..unfortunately he only shows this once every 10 games..I’d have got rid of this guy last season..
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:27 - Oct 3 with 5084 viewsD_Alien

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:09 - Oct 3 by frenzied

Pogbas a world class player..unfortunately he only shows this once every 10 games..I’d have got rid of this guy last season..

He is world class, as he showed when producing game-changing performances in the knockout stages and world cup final for France

Utd have signally failed to get the best out of him, as they have of virtually every player who's put on a shirt for the past five years

[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 20:30]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:32 - Oct 3 with 5076 viewsmeeee

Ashley Grimes is probably one of the laziest strikers I've seen play for us. He had the ability to be a good player but he was very petulant and his application was lacking to say the least
[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 20:33]
Login to get fewer ads

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:44 - Oct 3 with 5036 viewsD_Alien

Didn't Bob Stokoe once reprimand the whole team for "not trying"?

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:50 - Oct 3 with 5029 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Vernon Allatt..........
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:57 - Oct 3 with 4998 viewssoulboy

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:50 - Oct 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

Vernon Allatt..........

Vernon was extremely trying, just lacking any sort of ability at all!
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 21:11 - Oct 3 with 4955 viewsrich_dale

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:57 - Oct 3 by soulboy

Vernon was extremely trying, just lacking any sort of ability at all!

Michael Symes wasn't with us long but don't remember running being one of his attributes.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 21:24 - Oct 3 with 4917 viewsboromat

Gary Dicker didn't seem to care much when he was here. Also more recently I'd put Zach Clough in the list. Harry Bunn as well. Lewis Alessandra? Reece Brown. Liam Dickinson. Nathan Ecclestone.

I think alot have been those coming from bigger clubs thinking they're better than Rochdale.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 23:08 - Oct 3 with 4807 viewsmingthemerciless

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:44 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

Didn't Bob Stokoe once reprimand the whole team for "not trying"?

I think he tried to fine the whole team. Didn't the PFA get involved. I remember Brian Eastham getting singled out and I think he had his contract cancelled.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 23:20 - Oct 3 with 4786 viewsdingdangblue

Matthew Barnes Homer - although he could have just been shite.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 00:10 - Oct 4 with 4726 viewsShun

Ashley Grimes gets my vote too, he has to be the winner. Clark Keltie for another nominee.

As for the Pogba debate, he’s a quality player. Along with DDG he’s the only top, top class player United have. He would absolutely excel in a top side, as he regularly does for France, as DA has already pointed out. I suspect he sees himself surrounded by mediocre players in a team whose only real achievement for the next few years will be winning the Europa League or scraping into the top 4, and his motivation plummets.

Whether that alone should preclude him from being labelled as a great player is up for debate, but his sheer talent shouldn’t be.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 00:25 - Oct 4 with 4717 viewsRespectTheChemistry

Ashley Grimes is by far the biggest poser I've seen play for Rochdale.

All thanks to FRMSE
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 02:24 - Oct 4 with 4682 viewspioneer

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 23:08 - Oct 3 by mingthemerciless

I think he tried to fine the whole team. Didn't the PFA get involved. I remember Brian Eastham getting singled out and I think he had his contract cancelled.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/other-sport/bob-stokoe---the-man-w
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 04:18 - Oct 4 with 4639 viewsfrenzied

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 20:27 - Oct 3 by D_Alien

He is world class, as he showed when producing game-changing performances in the knockout stages and world cup final for France

Utd have signally failed to get the best out of him, as they have of virtually every player who's put on a shirt for the past five years

[Post edited 3 Oct 2019 20:30]

Surely in Pogbas case it’s what you can do for the team rather than what the team can do for you..

He needs to lead by example..Cantona for me wasn’t a world class player but the way he performed on and off the pitch created an attitude amongst the then younger players to adhere to.
Pogbas simply spits out his dummy via his agent anytime it looks a little rocky.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 07:25 - Oct 4 with 4577 viewsEllDale

Pogba wasn't the only anonymous United player on the night.
It was only afterwards that I realised that Fred had been on the pitch.
As for Stokoe, I think he sacked Eastham after a 7-0 Lancashire Cup defeat to United around 1967.
He wanted to fine the whole team after a game at Tranmere in 1980.
I seem to remember a forward called Barry Hutchinson looking lethargic in 1967/68.
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 07:30 - Oct 4 with 4570 viewstodmordendale

Brad Inman tried to give 100% but he was just useless. Would have been better with 10 men
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 07:35 - Oct 4 with 4563 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 19:36 - Oct 3 by nordenblue

What for the last 3 years?

Seen him play a few times live and still can't see anything in him at all to warrant anywhere near his price tag, he usually sits deeper and leathers the ball 70 yards over the top countless times,then when 1 of them eventually falls to a striker it's a worldy of a pass.

A few folk reckon he's better when surrounded by better players,sadly he needs to be to fooking carry him.

The op said ‘stealing a living last week’ I agree he is vastly overrated

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 07:37 - Oct 4 with 4549 viewsD_Alien

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 04:18 - Oct 4 by frenzied

Surely in Pogbas case it’s what you can do for the team rather than what the team can do for you..

He needs to lead by example..Cantona for me wasn’t a world class player but the way he performed on and off the pitch created an attitude amongst the then younger players to adhere to.
Pogbas simply spits out his dummy via his agent anytime it looks a little rocky.

Well yes, I agree that players of his calibre and income level shouldn't need to be mollycoddled into performing, but who knows what goes on in a dressing room full of similar egos. Looked at from the perspective of someone working flat out to earn a modest living its pathetic, not to mention unfair in the extreme

It's easy enough to be critical (which I am) but the decline in standards at Man U would need an exceptionally strong character to turn up and pull his tripe out every week; and Pogba is nothing like a strong character

At our level, the danger has always been of finding you've signed someone with talent but no character, or simply past it. This time last year, Alby was in danger of falling into that category, but a change of manager worked wonders

Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 08:03 - Oct 4 with 4520 viewsseasidedale

Darren Oliver whoDave Sutton paid £30k for fits as does Neil Bristo a Parkin signing in the mid 80’s
Ex players who never appeared to give 100% for us on 08:08 - Oct 4 with 4505 viewsjudd

Mark fookin' Carter.

Andy Barlow.

Re: Pogba and France - he usually has Kante to do the leg work of 2 players in that midfield. He is expected to graft at Manu.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024