Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maldon and Tiptree 00:04 - Oct 6 with 3697 viewsmfb_cufc

As they are a club we have a close association with it is interesting to read they have 100% record in League and Cup this season. They play in the Isthmian North Division, where they top the League with 18 points from 6 games, and today they beat Chertsey Town 6-1 in the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Cup. The draw for the 4th qualifying round is on Monday at 13.30.

I think they currently have four U's players on loan there. After signing Junior and Gondoh from them, I wonder, as they are doing so well, if there are any others we may consider signing. Also their manager Wayne Brown is looking like the number one contender to take over from McGreal if he should ever leave.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 04:59 - Oct 6 with 3231 viewsLeadbelly

Robbie Cowling owns Col U and M &T so it’s a bit more than a close association. The only thing stopping us signing players or other staff would, presumably, be whether those players or staff wanted to join Col U.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Maldon and Tiptree on 09:25 - Oct 6 with 3210 viewsbwildered

If they can pip there opponents in the next qualifying round, this would leave the door ajar for the Jammers to get a plum home draw against the U's !

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Maldon and Tiptree on 10:10 - Oct 6 with 3206 viewsburnsieespana

Maldon and Tiptree on 09:25 - Oct 6 by bwildered

If they can pip there opponents in the next qualifying round, this would leave the door ajar for the Jammers to get a plum home draw against the U's !

Now what a game that would be!
A win win situation for RC!
Maldon and Tiptree on 16:16 - Oct 6 with 3176 viewsDaniel

Maldon and Tiptree on 04:59 - Oct 6 by Leadbelly

Robbie Cowling owns Col U and M &T so it’s a bit more than a close association. The only thing stopping us signing players or other staff would, presumably, be whether those players or staff wanted to join Col U.

Are you sure? RC is involved in some 34 companies (according to Companies House), but Maldon and Tiptree FC Ltd isn't one of them.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07479835/officers
Maldon and Tiptree on 16:54 - Oct 6 with 3166 viewsLeadbelly

Maldon and Tiptree on 16:16 - Oct 6 by Daniel

Are you sure? RC is involved in some 34 companies (according to Companies House), but Maldon and Tiptree FC Ltd isn't one of them.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07479835/officers

I looked at that a couple of months ago and could have sworn he was involved with M&T. My mistake.

Maldon and Tiptree on 17:05 - Oct 6 with 3164 viewswessex_exile

Maldon and Tiptree on 16:54 - Oct 6 by Leadbelly

I looked at that a couple of months ago and could have sworn he was involved with M&T. My mistake.

Robbie released a statement about the relationship between M&T and the U's last year. Clearly it is a very close, mutually convenient relationship, even if they are two distinct and separate companies - nothing necessarily wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2018/may/horlock-takes-u23s-as-us-eye-loan-opportunit

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Maldon and Tiptree on 15:25 - Oct 7 with 3106 viewsmfb_cufc

Maldon and Tiptree have been drawn away to Royston Town from the Southern Premier Central in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round. Not a bad draw as they have avoided a team from the National League's, but a home tie would have been better. Still, they have every chance of making the !st Round.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 18:42 - Oct 19 with 2985 viewsbwildered

Live draw on BBC2 from the Jampot, home tie against U's could beckon.

Login to get fewer ads

Maldon and Tiptree on 18:47 - Oct 19 with 2982 viewsLeadbelly

Maldon and Tiptree on 18:42 - Oct 19 by bwildered

Live draw on BBC2 from the Jampot, home tie against U's could beckon.

We might beat them on penalties after a replay!

Maldon and Tiptree on 00:08 - Oct 20 with 2953 viewsmfb_cufc

Maldon and Tiptree beat Royston Town 3-1 to make it to the 1st Round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history. That win takes their record in League and Cup this season to played 16 won 16. Wayne Brown is making a good case to replace that useless dunce McGreal. That is if he wants the job.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 08:39 - Oct 20 with 2944 viewsMoor_Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 00:08 - Oct 20 by mfb_cufc

Maldon and Tiptree beat Royston Town 3-1 to make it to the 1st Round of the FA Cup for the first time in their history. That win takes their record in League and Cup this season to played 16 won 16. Wayne Brown is making a good case to replace that useless dunce McGreal. That is if he wants the job.

At any level of football 16 out of 16 is a tremendous effort. Some of the results have been by big margins. Whatever Brown offers as a manager he can clearly motivate and keep the focus of his players.
I was never against Humes as our team manager, a section of the crowd never gave him the chance but since his stepping aside Mr Cowling's policy has been fundamentally flawed as far as the management of some rather good players is concerned.
I hope M&T get a cracking draw, Sunderland home or Bolton, who they'd probably beat!

At least there is a consistent football team team in North Essex!

Moor Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 23:04 - Oct 26 with 2827 viewsmfb_cufc

They made it 17 out of 17 today by beating Cray Wanderers, from the league above them, 3-0 in the FA Trophy 1st round qualifying. They have only played 6 league games, so are likely to be playing two games almost every week for the rest of the season, especially if they keep these Cup runs going.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 23:41 - Oct 26 with 2820 viewsgerry_us

Maldon and Tiptree on 00:08 - Oct 20 by mfb_cufc

We could always swop managers but unfortunately that would totally destroy M&T
Maldon and Tiptree on 10:54 - Oct 27 with 2798 viewsMoor_Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 23:41 - Oct 26 by gerry_us

We could always swop managers but unfortunately that would totally destroy M&T

You're probably right Gerry!
Do I remember that when asked to manage the U's four or five years back Brown said 'no' citing inexperience? At the time I thought that was brave, sensible and measured and that maybe he had a bit more about him than I'd thought and perhaps had a reasonable brain. Presumably that brain is doing M&T no harm at all and I rather liked his understated way on TV on Monday for the Cup draw. Our current manager couldn't have done that. He did however turn out two decent shows this week so I live in hope.

Moor Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 13:51 - Nov 10 with 2623 viewsmfb_cufc

Currently winning 1-0 at half-time against Leyton Orient.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 14:12 - Nov 10 with 2620 viewsMoor_Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 13:51 - Nov 10 by mfb_cufc

Currently winning 1-0 at half-time against Leyton Orient.

When are we going to sign Jerome Slew???

Moor Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 14:45 - Nov 10 with 2612 viewsMoor_Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 14:12 - Nov 10 by Moor_Pinot

As almost everyone knows, without wishing to state the obvious one of the key 2 or 3 elements being a manager is to maximise your resources. Congratulations to Wayne Brown who is clearly doing just that at M&T. Hope they get a great draw.

Moor Pinot

Maldon and Tiptree on 14:58 - Nov 10 with 2610 viewsmfb_cufc

As Pinault has said they are through to the next round after finally winning 2-1. Were leading 2-0 at one stage, and had a player sent off in the 84th minute, but showed a lot of guts to hang on. That makes it 20 out 20 wins for them now this season. A home draw against a league side should guarantee them being on TV.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 14:45 - Nov 11 with 2527 viewsdurham_exile

Maldon and Tiptree on 14:12 - Nov 10 by Moor_Pinot

Have just watched his goal against Orient
Absolutely stunning and reminiscent of Lua Lua's goal against Preston.

I suspect he will be snapped up by a Championship side at the end of the season.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Maldon and Tiptree on 20:48 - Nov 11 with 2483 viewsDaniel

Grimsby or Newport at home for the Jammers in Round 2
Maldon and Tiptree on 21:36 - Nov 14 with 2371 viewsGOSBTS

Live on BBC2 on Friday 29th.
Maldon and Tiptree on 16:25 - Mar 26 with 1871 viewsmfb_cufc

All football in England below the three divisions that make up the National League will end immediately and all results will be expunged.

It means there will be no promotion or relegation in these leagues.

Maldon and Tiptree were 14 points clear at the top in the Isthmian League - North Division at the time football was stopped, with 62 points from 26 games. Even though there was still 12 games to play, they were almost certain to be Champions, and now they have got to do it all again. Surely it would be fairer to still have promotion and relegation by deciding the final placings on average points per games played.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 16:34 - Mar 26 with 1868 viewsGOSBTS

Maldon and Tiptree on 16:25 - Mar 26 by mfb_cufc

All football in England below the three divisions that make up the National League will end immediately and all results will be expunged.

It means there will be no promotion or relegation in these leagues.

Maldon and Tiptree were 14 points clear at the top in the Isthmian League - North Division at the time football was stopped, with 62 points from 26 games. Even though there was still 12 games to play, they were almost certain to be Champions, and now they have got to do it all again. Surely it would be fairer to still have promotion and relegation by deciding the final placings on average points per games played.

I'm far from an expert in these matters, but from a fan's perspective this seems incredibly unfair on teams like Maldon & Tiptree. Surely it would have been wiser to wait to see what the PL and FL decide to do regarding the conclusion of the season?
Maldon and Tiptree on 17:14 - Mar 26 with 1860 viewsmfb_cufc

Maldon and Tiptree on 16:34 - Mar 26 by GOSBTS

I'm far from an expert in these matters, but from a fan's perspective this seems incredibly unfair on teams like Maldon & Tiptree. Surely it would have been wiser to wait to see what the PL and FL decide to do regarding the conclusion of the season?

I agree GOSBTS, it did seem like a rash decision. The season was finished because teams at that level could not afford to carry on paying the players wages. It is a decision that could also indirectly affect the U's. Because if Maldon and Tiptree had rightly been promoted it would have helped the development of their players playing at a higher level, that could in turn benefit us signing any of their players. Also any players we loan them would have got more experience playing at a higher level.

mfb

Maldon and Tiptree on 17:44 - Mar 26 with 1854 viewsbwildered

Inedivitially there are winners and losers in this sceniro, Brightlingsea Regent in there current position will now not be relegated .
Having averaging points per games might seem fairer, but unfortunately some clubs would have played the top sides twice already, whilst others have not .
All leagues should be concluded upon return, and if overlaps into next season perhaps league and county cup competitions suspended.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024