Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The walk off . 07:50 - Oct 19 with 1063 viewsbwildered

Now away from the full glare of international football, I wonder how many walk off will be triggered by racism in the domestic programme.
Heart say none, head says some .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The walk off . on 10:12 - Oct 19 with 1051 viewswessex_exile

With virtually every football club at professional, semi-professional or amateur level now including players of non-white origin, I’d like to think the Neanderthals who hold those views have learned to keep that sort of shit to themselves, or f’cked off somewhere else. Sadly, with an ongoing political climate (not just in the UK) that has emboldened the far right, I might be being a bit too optimistic.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

The walk off . on 18:22 - Oct 19 with 1006 viewsLeadbelly

Haringey Borough v Yeovil abandoned following racial abuse aimed at the home ‘keeper. He was also struck by a missile and spat at. Appalling in the extreme but, sadly, I’m not really surprised.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The walk off . on 18:52 - Oct 19 with 998 viewsMoor_Pinot

The walk off . on 18:22 - Oct 19 by Leadbelly

Haringey Borough v Yeovil abandoned following racial abuse aimed at the home ‘keeper. He was also struck by a missile and spat at. Appalling in the extreme but, sadly, I’m not really surprised.

After 22 years in Somerset, absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

Moor Pinot

The walk off . on 19:06 - Oct 19 with 996 viewsTheHappyGooner

The walk off . on 18:52 - Oct 19 by Moor_Pinot

After 22 years in Somerset, absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

I played 3 games for Yeovil in the early 90s - and that was on the ‘huish’ and got terrible stick for not tracking back - but they had some mouthy cider swillers back then ...

Definitely a white only stronghold

Only 2% black residence - national average is 14%
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 19:24]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

The walk off . on 19:34 - Oct 19 with 981 viewsMoor_Pinot

The walk off . on 19:06 - Oct 19 by TheHappyGooner

I played 3 games for Yeovil in the early 90s - and that was on the ‘huish’ and got terrible stick for not tracking back - but they had some mouthy cider swillers back then ...

Definitely a white only stronghold

Only 2% black residence - national average is 14%
[Post edited 19 Oct 2019 19:24]

Yep, well described.
I was a season tktholder at Tiverton when in Somerset and frequently had to move away from vile comments directed at opposition players. Can you believe that I even heard it directed at Viv at Taunton too. As though anyone would be daft enough to cross Viv!

Moor Pinot

The walk off . on 19:37 - Oct 19 with 980 viewsTheHappyGooner

The walk off . on 19:34 - Oct 19 by Moor_Pinot

Yep, well described.
I was a season tktholder at Tiverton when in Somerset and frequently had to move away from vile comments directed at opposition players. Can you believe that I even heard it directed at Viv at Taunton too. As though anyone would be daft enough to cross Viv!

Crazy

Him and Joel Garner would have rushed them I’m sure

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

The walk off . on 21:13 - Oct 19 with 964 viewswessex_exile

Utterly disgraceful - Yeovil have loads of black players, what can't these vermin see? Whilst I'll sympathise with the club and the vast majority of decent supporters, the FA has to send a strong message out about this - nothing less than kicking them out of the competition, never mind further measures.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

The walk off . on 22:02 - Oct 19 with 955 viewsbwildered

How much can we trust the FA ?
Greg Clarke, did sweet FA in Bulgaria and let England play on when all the UEFA protocol was in place, to walk off and stay off, irregardless of the score/result.

Login to get fewer ads

The walk off . on 15:29 - Oct 29 with 866 viewsbwildered

Bulgaria have been fined 75,000 euros / 65k and have to play two games behind closed doors , one suspended for two years has a result of the England match.
Money in the UEFA coffers, and one suspended game is NOT the solution.
Perhaps walk offs is the only way and TV companies start refusing to pay for full game rights is the only way.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 18:16]

The walk off . on 17:25 - Oct 29 with 851 viewsLeadbelly

The walk off . on 15:29 - Oct 29 by bwildered

Bulgaria have been fined 75,000 euros / 65k and have to play two games behind closed doors , one suspended for two years has a result of the England match.
Money in the UEFA coffers, and one suspended game is NOT the solution.
Perhaps walk offs is the only way and TV companies start refusing to pay for full game rights is the only way.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 18:16]

Pathetic as usual. Andy why is one game suspended?

Talking of racism...Haringey Borough v Yeovil Town returns for a second instalment this evening. Hope Borough win and their 'keeper plays a blinder!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The walk off . on 06:09 - Dec 23 with 692 viewsbwildered

Back on the agenda .
Ok to berate the Bulgarians, but keep our own house in order ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024