Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six points essential from next two games 21:10 - Oct 21 with 2002 viewsdurham_exile

Currently busy so will be giving the pre match write ups a miss.
An away win at Crewe is long overdue
perhaps 2-1 and then we owe the Exiles big time for that 87th minute equaliser so I reckon 2-0.

Anyway UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 16:11 - Oct 26 with 545 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:46 - Oct 26 by GOSBTS

Get in there!!!!!!!!! Over the moon for Stevenson, we need goals from the midfield!

Stevensons first goal for 18 months.

He is capable of scoring 8-10 goals per season. Hopefully this will kick start his goal scoring form.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 16:39 - Oct 26 with 540 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:46 - Oct 26 by GOSBTS

Get in there!!!!!!!!! Over the moon for Stevenson, we need goals from the midfield!

Senior makes it 3-1!!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Six points essential from next two games on 16:42 - Oct 26 with 539 viewsGOSBTS

Oh yes Courtney, you needed that one son, get in!!
Six points essential from next two games on 16:43 - Oct 26 with 537 viewswessex_exile

Prosser goal disallowed for offside - U's are rampant!

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 17:00 - Oct 26 with 530 viewswessex_exile

Brilliant, thoroughly deserved 3-1 victory, could have been 6.

We're coming Crawley :-)

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 17:04 - Oct 26 with 528 viewsGOSBTS

Fantastic result. Showing resilience from coming from behind again, something we didn't do last season. I'll eat my words regarding my formation doubts! Delighted to see Jacko, Senior and Stevenson score in particular as we need goals from all over the park.

What a bizarre week. 4 out of 9 points could have been worse, you'd just think we'd have got the win against Morecambe, draw against Newport and loss against Crewe! That is football.

Up the resurgent U's!
Six points essential from next two games on 18:52 - Oct 26 with 501 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 17:04 - Oct 26 by GOSBTS

Fantastic result. Showing resilience from coming from behind again, something we didn't do last season. I'll eat my words regarding my formation doubts! Delighted to see Jacko, Senior and Stevenson score in particular as we need goals from all over the park.

What a bizarre week. 4 out of 9 points could have been worse, you'd just think we'd have got the win against Morecambe, draw against Newport and loss against Crewe! That is football.

Up the resurgent U's!

Have just watched the goals.

Ryan Jacksons was deflected but still a good strike.
Stevensons rocket was excellent and good to see Seniors impressive finish.

Bring on Crawley

UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 21:03 - Oct 26 with 473 viewsMoor_Pinot

Six points essential from next two games on 18:52 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Have just watched the goals.

Ryan Jacksons was deflected but still a good strike.
Stevensons rocket was excellent and good to see Seniors impressive finish.

Bring on Crawley

UTU's

Splendid, much better. Another win from a losing position. Good practice.
Pleased that senior scored, he's not been National lg level all season so maybe bringing him back in and a goal will work wonders for confidence. Just need a forward to gain a bit of that too and we'll be on a better track.
Need a repeat of this away next Saturday and we may be able to repair some of the damage.
I see Bonne continues to disprove the sceptics. Good luck to the man.

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Six points essential from next two games on 21:26 - Oct 26 with 466 viewsmfb_cufc

The last two games have showed just what the team are capable of, but why is it they only seem to raise their game against the better teams the last two seasons. Doubling both Lincoln and MK Dons last season for example. It makes the loss to Morecambe even harder to take. I don't want to take the usual swipe at the management after the good recent performances, but more needs to be done to stop this complacency against the teams at the wrong end of the table. Because that is what is going to stop us making at least the play-offs this season.

mfb

Six points essential from next two games on 22:23 - Oct 26 with 452 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 21:26 - Oct 26 by mfb_cufc

The last two games have showed just what the team are capable of, but why is it they only seem to raise their game against the better teams the last two seasons. Doubling both Lincoln and MK Dons last season for example. It makes the loss to Morecambe even harder to take. I don't want to take the usual swipe at the management after the good recent performances, but more needs to be done to stop this complacency against the teams at the wrong end of the table. Because that is what is going to stop us making at least the play-offs this season.

...and I agree, and without also wanting to take a swipe at our management, the issue to me is becoming clear. We play better against better teams because they allow us to play our better game, it's more open, more flowing, and in that regard we're as good as any other team in the league. We struggle against the cloggers, the more defensively minded, the more physical because we're not learning how to win ugly. Learn that lesson, and we'll win this league.

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 23:10 - Oct 26 with 439 viewsGOSBTS

100%. And if today’s game and highlights from every game on MOTD tonight prove: just shoot. It’s how you score goals and win games. Too often Col U are guilty in those gritty games of getting near to the box, running out of ideas and passing to the wings. Delighted that 3 of our players decided to just shoot and see what happens, and it paid off.
Six points essential from next two games on 23:44 - Oct 26 with 433 viewsgerry_us

Six points essential from next two games on 21:03 - Oct 26 by Moor_Pinot

Splendid, much better. Another win from a losing position. Good practice.
Pleased that senior scored, he's not been National lg level all season so maybe bringing him back in and a goal will work wonders for confidence. Just need a forward to gain a bit of that too and we'll be on a better track.
Need a repeat of this away next Saturday and we may be able to repair some of the damage.
I see Bonne continues to disprove the sceptics. Good luck to the man.

Always thought he was an upcoming talent but was not given a chance by McG. Usually got five minutes to show what he could do...now we are beginning to see what he can actually do!
Six points essential from next two games on 23:58 - Oct 26 with 427 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 23:44 - Oct 26 by gerry_us

Always thought he was an upcoming talent but was not given a chance by McG. Usually got five minutes to show what he could do...now we are beginning to see what he can actually do!

It very occasionally happens Gerry, but usually not. Joe Dunne nor Tony Humes saw enough to make him a regular either. I’m delighted he’s doing well now, but most we let go usually drift away into obscurity - even Bonne had to drop a league to finally come good. Like I say though, glad he’s doing well now.

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 01:12 - Oct 27 with 416 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 23:44 - Oct 26 by gerry_us

Many of us have written plenty of column inches about Macca Bonne.
The truth is the club let a good player get away.
Mistakes were made and when he was allowed to play he often received less than 5 minutes to impress or change a game result.

We are where we are and we move on.

I believe that we can win this league this season but we must achieve more consistency. No more Morecambe or Crawley performances please.

Crawley warmed up for Tuesday with a home drubbing. Let's make sure we stake a place in the Carabao Cup quarter finals on Tuesday night.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 09:09 - Oct 27 with 397 viewsbwildered

Good victory for the U's after going a goal down early . Impressive performances must go to the engine room, with Pell and Lapsie unavailable, Stevenson and Comley have stepped up to the plate in the centre of the park . Comley has become very dependable when he gets a run in the side and Stevenson today showed us a performance from his initial loan days .
Good to see Senior score near the end, his distribution still wayward, but was constantly manhandled by a county side with not enough protection from the officials .
Game showed the strength in depth the squad with both Gambin and Brown getting on .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Six points essential from next two games on 13:32 - Oct 27 with 368 viewsLeadbelly

Six points essential from next two games on 09:09 - Oct 27 by bwildered

Good victory for the U's after going a goal down early . Impressive performances must go to the engine room, with Pell and Lapsie unavailable, Stevenson and Comley have stepped up to the plate in the centre of the park . Comley has become very dependable when he gets a run in the side and Stevenson today showed us a performance from his initial loan days .
Good to see Senior score near the end, his distribution still wayward, but was constantly manhandled by a county side with not enough protection from the officials .
Game showed the strength in depth the squad with both Gambin and Brown getting on .

Mention on BBC Essex yesterday that Mark Bright, who is a coach at Crystal Palace, was at the game to watch Senior.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Six points essential from next two games on 18:03 - Oct 27 with 342 viewsGOSBTS

Six points essential from next two games on 13:32 - Oct 27 by Leadbelly

Mention on BBC Essex yesterday that Mark Bright, who is a coach at Crystal Palace, was at the game to watch Senior.

Palace can keep their slimy hands off of Courtney as far as I’m concerned...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024