Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man Utd v Col Utd 16:53 - Nov 4 with 4500 viewswessex_exile

The official Manchester United twitter feed has just confirmed that our match will be Wednesday 18th December, kick-off 8pm. It's not on TV.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Man Utd v Col Utd on 18:04 - Nov 4 with 2639 viewssevebalo

thanks for the heads up. train tickets booked. looking forward to big turn out from the faithful
Man Utd v Col Utd on 21:05 - Nov 4 with 2597 viewsGOSBTS

Gutted and shocked that it's not on the tele. I've got a bit of a dilemma now.
Man Utd v Col Utd on 16:45 - Nov 5 with 2530 viewsdurham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 21:05 - Nov 4 by GOSBTS

Gutted and shocked that it's not on the tele. I've got a bit of a dilemma now.

GOSBTS
Don't worry. The internet will allow you to stream the game there are several sites that stream for free. After all if you are in Vietnam or South Korea or another thirty or so overseas countries you can watch for free so it is absurd that we are unable to do so in the U.K.

My son set up a link for me for the Crawley game and the coverage, quality and commentary was very good.

I am going to OT with both my sons one of whom is an avid United fan and so will be disappointed when the Super Us win. The only problem I will sitting in the Stretford End on the eighteenth of December.

UTUs

Durham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 17:49 - Nov 5 with 2517 viewsgerry_us

Man Utd v Col Utd on 16:45 - Nov 5 by durham_exile

GOSBTS
Don't worry. The internet will allow you to stream the game there are several sites that stream for free. After all if you are in Vietnam or South Korea or another thirty or so overseas countries you can watch for free so it is absurd that we are unable to do so in the U.K.

My son set up a link for me for the Crawley game and the coverage, quality and commentary was very good.

I am going to OT with both my sons one of whom is an avid United fan and so will be disappointed when the Super Us win. The only problem I will sitting in the Stretford End on the eighteenth of December.

UTUs

Aha...its out. Durham in the home end at Man U v U's. Not sure of the consequences of that when U's walk away with a win!
Man Utd v Col Utd on 17:56 - Nov 5 with 2509 viewsdurham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 17:49 - Nov 5 by gerry_us

Aha...its out. Durham in the home end at Man U v U's. Not sure of the consequences of that when U's walk away with a win!

Gerry it is potentially very worrying!

United will cut up rough when we walk away with a semi final place!

Spurs always used to sing "its a long way to Seven Sisters" (the nearest Tube station) to the away fans in anticipation of a dust up outside White Hart Lane.

United will sing "its a long way to the Lowry Centre"

UTU's

Durham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 13:44 - Nov 6 with 2448 viewsMadeira163

Flight booked
Premier Inn booked
Just hoping my Bro in Law gets me a ticket
Man Utd v Col Utd on 15:46 - Nov 6 with 2441 viewsthrillseeker

Man Utd v Col Utd on 13:44 - Nov 6 by Madeira163

Flight booked
Premier Inn booked
Just hoping my Bro in Law gets me a ticket

Which Premier Inn?
Man Utd v Col Utd on 20:28 - Nov 6 with 2418 viewsMadeira163

Airport as need to get home early doors thurs to work at 12
Login to get fewer ads

Man Utd v Col Utd on 12:26 - Nov 9 with 2290 viewsdurham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 20:28 - Nov 6 by Madeira163

Airport as need to get home early doors thurs to work at 12

Allocation is 8,495 from Man U very generous.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 13:00 - Nov 9 with 2286 viewswessex_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 12:26 - Nov 9 by durham_exile

Allocation is 8,495 from Man U very generous.

UTU's

Very generous indeed, probably more than we need, but who knows?

Robbie has announced the ticket priority procedure:

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/november/man-utd-ticket-update/

That's interesting, because "to help us manage that process and to reduce the need for queueing at the ticket office or on the phone, my IT team are currently enhancing our online ticketing system to allow us to sell away tickets online" suggests we might be able to actually choose our seats online?

Up the U's

Man Utd v Col Utd on 15:46 - Nov 9 with 2274 viewsgerry_us

Man Utd v Col Utd on 13:00 - Nov 9 by wessex_exile

Very generous indeed, probably more than we need, but who knows?

Robbie has announced the ticket priority procedure:

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/november/man-utd-ticket-update/

That's interesting, because "to help us manage that process and to reduce the need for queueing at the ticket office or on the phone, my IT team are currently enhancing our online ticketing system to allow us to sell away tickets online" suggests we might be able to actually choose our seats online?

Hope you are correct about "more than we need".
As an away supporter only albeit reasonably regular I will have to hope tickets are still available when they come on "general" sale. I expect this will also be relevant to several exiled supporters on this board.
Man Utd v Col Utd on 15:54 - Nov 9 with 2270 viewswessex_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 15:46 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

As an away supporter only albeit reasonably regular I will have to hope tickets are still available when they come on "general" sale. I expect this will also be relevant to several exiled supporters on this board.

I'm sure it'll be fine Gerry, and we already know a certain NE-based exile will be in with the reds :-)

Just as an option, because I'm pretty sure I'll use them within 12 months, I bought match credits ahead of the Spurs game to get at least partial ticketing priority - might be worth thinking about if you think you'll use them as well?

Up the U's

Man Utd v Col Utd on 19:26 - Nov 9 with 2251 viewsLeadbelly

Man Utd v Col Utd on 15:54 - Nov 9 by wessex_exile

I'm sure it'll be fine Gerry, and we already know a certain NE-based exile will be in with the reds :-)

Just as an option, because I'm pretty sure I'll use them within 12 months, I bought match credits ahead of the Spurs game to get at least partial ticketing priority - might be worth thinking about if you think you'll use them as well?

8495 will be double what we sell. For those going I’m absolutely convinced securing a ticket won’t be a problem.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Man Utd v Col Utd on 07:21 - Nov 12 with 2160 viewsMadeira163

Man Utd v Col Utd on 15:46 - Nov 9 by gerry_us

Agreed
Man Utd v Col Utd on 11:50 - Nov 12 with 2143 viewsnoah4x4

I reckon we might be surprised at the demand, albeit I doubt if it will exceed 8,000.

I have been staggered at the number of people that never go to any football match yet have asked me about how to get tickets. Despite it embracing the last two school term days entire families appear to want to go. That’s the magic of Old Trafford.

Yet I will be surprised if tonight’s crowd tops 3,500 despite 2,600 from Ipswich.
Man Utd v Col Utd on 19:24 - Nov 13 with 2066 viewsnoah4x4

CUSA now has ten coaches going and still more people are coming forward. Most trips we take one, occasionally two. If I recall correctly Crystal Palace was 4 plus a couple of mini-buses. This time we got ourselves a proper convoy!
Man Utd v Col Utd on 20:21 - Nov 13 with 2057 viewswessex_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 11:50 - Nov 12 by noah4x4

I reckon we might be surprised at the demand, albeit I doubt if it will exceed 8,000.

I have been staggered at the number of people that never go to any football match yet have asked me about how to get tickets. Despite it embracing the last two school term days entire families appear to want to go. That’s the magic of Old Trafford.

Yet I will be surprised if tonight’s crowd tops 3,500 despite 2,600 from Ipswich.

I was pleasantly surprised at so many U's fans there last night - if there hadn't been a single farmer there, it still would have been an exceptionally good crowd for the group stage of the competition. It could be argued some were there just because of the numbers coming from (ahem) Suffolk, but it could also be argued that many just responded to Robbie's call to arms.

Up the U's

Man Utd v Col Utd on 20:56 - Nov 13 with 2055 viewsnoah4x4

Wessex, the number in the home end (2,400) was surprising and encouraging. However, there were a significant number of youngsters, many bringing parents.

1. It appeared to me as if many were invited school groups.

2. A fair number of 'families' were booking Man Utd coach seats and I suspect that many in each party were not regulars to the stadium and primarily there for this purpose.

3. People from Essex CCC were present (Arron Beard, Jamie Porter etc) with the T20 and County Championship trophies. Sadly, these only appeared in the Corporate area (unless I missed any public display?). But I suspect this might have been promoted via schools attracting more youngsters (that hopefully were not disappointed).

4. Away end tickets were strictly on sale only via Ipswich FC. However, I suspect a fair few in the home areas were away fans that bought tickets on the evening (but were well behaved). I overheard some chatter about the "Blues", which I thought odd in the South Stand. There were also a number of groups of teenagers in S3/4 that I didn't recognise who kept their distance from our normal noisy teenage crew in S1 (which I also thought odd).
Man Utd v Col Utd on 17:20 - Nov 15 with 2003 viewswessex_exile

Back on topic - the club have announced ticket prices for the Old Trafford game, and the order of sales by stand (as dictated by Man United apparently).

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/november/carabao-cup-update/

Up the U's

Man Utd v Col Utd on 19:48 - Nov 15 with 1980 viewsdurham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 17:20 - Nov 15 by wessex_exile

Back on topic - the club have announced ticket prices for the Old Trafford game, and the order of sales by stand (as dictated by Man United apparently).

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/november/carabao-cup-update/

Wessex I have bought two tickets for Stuart and I at £36 each.
David's is £31 as he is a Man U member.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 20:25 - Nov 15 with 1972 viewsgerry_us

Man Utd v Col Utd on 19:48 - Nov 15 by durham_exile

Wessex I have bought two tickets for Stuart and I at £36 each.
David's is £31 as he is a Man U member.

UTU's

If we assume that there are cheaper and (much) dearer tickets, if we just take an average of £35 per person and a ???70,000 gate our 45% of gate receipts will be well in excess of £1.1M. Wehey!
Then maybe in the next round we can get another top team for another cool Mil or so?
Man Utd v Col Utd on 22:05 - Nov 15 with 1960 viewsburnsieespana

Even if we only end up getting £0.75m it will transform our finances.
Hopefully we will still be around the promotion spots so in early Jan we might strengthen our front line with a top quality goal scorer.
Many dismiss this cup competition but it can generate a lot of money.
Anybody any idea how much we have generated already?
Sounds like every coach in Essex will be booked by the game.
Unfortunately don't think I will be able to get over for the game due to an imminent holiday in the Jordan so hope you can roar the U's on to a win so that I can get to the next game as made it to the Crystal Palace game!
Man Utd v Col Utd on 20:42 - Nov 16 with 1917 viewsGrog595

Palace away @ £13 or £14 (one of the two,can't remember)???
Crawley away @ £10
Mancs away @ £36 am I alone in thinking we're being mugged off here? Fair enough it ain't a premier league match,however,if if was,as an away fan you would only pay £30
Man Utd v Col Utd on 10:17 - Nov 21 with 1833 viewswessex_exile

Just picked up my Man Utd tickets online - for those yet to do so, it's a doddle, no hassle whatsoever. The club announced on Twitter that the order Man U have dictated for sales is from the top of E336 down to the front, then the same for E335, then E334 and so on. I picked mine up bang on 10am, and looking at the seat numbers, it suggests I'm towards the front of block E333. My nephew bought at pretty much exactly the same time, and he's near the front of E334, so not sure what that means other than we've probably already shifted at least 2-3,000 tickets since they went online at 6pm last night?

Up the U's

Man Utd v Col Utd on 10:37 - Nov 21 with 1832 viewsdurham_exile

Man Utd v Col Utd on 10:17 - Nov 21 by wessex_exile

Just picked up my Man Utd tickets online - for those yet to do so, it's a doddle, no hassle whatsoever. The club announced on Twitter that the order Man U have dictated for sales is from the top of E336 down to the front, then the same for E335, then E334 and so on. I picked mine up bang on 10am, and looking at the seat numbers, it suggests I'm towards the front of block E333. My nephew bought at pretty much exactly the same time, and he's near the front of E334, so not sure what that means other than we've probably already shifted at least 2-3,000 tickets since they went online at 6pm last night?

Wessex - good news

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024