Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday 19:08 - Nov 11 with 3069 viewsdurham_exile

Apparently 2,500 from Poorman Road are coming.

Lamburke says he may play 2 youngsters. Come off it he will play a full strength side, he doesn't want to lose to Col U.

After Saturday we want to get back to winning ways.

UTU's we

Durham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:51 - Nov 14 with 612 viewswessex_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:33 - Nov 14 by GOSBTS

I'll have to ask my work colleague when I'm back from my holiday on the 25th as she didn't say which. It's a primary school though.

This is an experience that will live long in the memory of any boy/girl that attends, far more than two days of school!

I would estimate the damage to the education of school children by not being in school for two days as somewhere south of zero - if it were anything else, why would teachers keep taking (ahem) 'teacher training days'? Funny they always fall at the beginning or end of school holidays too...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 23:24 - Nov 14 with 599 viewsmfb_cufc

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 06:43 - Nov 14 by thrillseeker

GOSBTS - you wrote ' I know of one school in Colchester who's headteacher is going to the Man Utd game and has encouraged his children to take the Thursday morning/day off to do the same.'

What school is that? Certainly not St Helena. Their attendance officer has refused my request to take daughter out for 1.5 days although it may be reviewed due to denand.

I'm not bothered as train and hotel already booked for whole family

Just say your daughter is going on a protest march against climate change. Children can have as many days off as they want for that reason.

mfb

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 06:37 - Nov 15 with 598 viewsGOSBTS

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 23:24 - Nov 14 by mfb_cufc

Just say your daughter is going on a protest march against climate change. Children can have as many days off as they want for that reason.

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 10:13 - Nov 15 with 573 viewsthrillseeker

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 23:24 - Nov 14 by mfb_cufc

She will have a fever..................cup fever.

I do find it bizarre schools in Colchester are not taking a sensible view on situation. It's not like schools do much during last couple of days of term
The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 13:13 - Nov 15 with 558 viewsLeadbelly

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:51 - Nov 14 by wessex_exile

I would estimate the damage to the education of school children by not being in school for two days as somewhere south of zero - if it were anything else, why would teachers keep taking (ahem) 'teacher training days'? Funny they always fall at the beginning or end of school holidays too...

Agree 100%.

In 2010 we went to Canada for my brother's 40th birthday which meant taking my stepson out of school for a week. During this trip he was shown round the cockpit of the plane on the way out, spent several hours "driving" a fishing boat, went to a brilliant museum in Alberta which has the best dinosaur collection I've ever seen, saw bears, wolves, moose, elk, bald eagles etc in the wild, spent a week in the Rockies, walked on a glacier and went up a mountain by cable car. Not sure any of those experiences were on offer at primary school. As far as I could ascertain about the only thing he missed was some colouring in. Pleased to report his recent exam results suggest this wasn't a problem.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 14:19 - Nov 15 with 552 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 13:13 - Nov 15 by Leadbelly

Agree 100%.

In 2010 we went to Canada for my brother's 40th birthday which meant taking my stepson out of school for a week. During this trip he was shown round the cockpit of the plane on the way out, spent several hours "driving" a fishing boat, went to a brilliant museum in Alberta which has the best dinosaur collection I've ever seen, saw bears, wolves, moose, elk, bald eagles etc in the wild, spent a week in the Rockies, walked on a glacier and went up a mountain by cable car. Not sure any of those experiences were on offer at primary school. As far as I could ascertain about the only thing he missed was some colouring in. Pleased to report his recent exam results suggest this wasn't a problem.

Good Man Whalers.
When I was a Primary Head for 13 years I used to actively encourage such as you describe and for the very reasons you so define. Trouble was I used to get frequent visits from the LEA officers for permitting such things which were 'against county education policy' - not that any of the puppets that arrived knew much about active primary education but I certainly got it 'in the neck' regularly, especially after Blair got in and we had Blunkett with all his ideas. Many a parent would produce an itinery for a holiday in term with which I certainly could not compete within the limitations of the National Curriculum! Glad I moved on.

Moor Pinot

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 15:32 - Nov 16 with 506 viewsmfb_cufc

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 23:28 - Nov 13 by mfb_cufc

The home game in the round of 32 will be against another team from the South East if I understand the rules properly. That means it will be either Leyton Orient, Chelsea U21's, Stevenage or Northampton we play. If that is the case a very good chance of making progress.

At home to Stevenage it is, on Tuesday 3rd December (I think).

mfb

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:20 - Nov 18 with 465 viewsgerry_us

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 15:32 - Nov 16 by mfb_cufc

At home to Stevenage it is, on Tuesday 3rd December (I think).

Couldn't have hoped for a more winnable draw. Just hope we don't mess it up. Cup runs are good for morale.
Login to get fewer ads

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 22:00 - Nov 18 with 462 viewsdurham_exile

The Farmers are in Town on Tuesday on 21:20 - Nov 18 by gerry_us

Couldn't have hoped for a more winnable draw. Just hope we don't mess it up. Cup runs are good for morale.

Not even our ex centre forward should stand in our way!

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024