Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barside Pete has passed over - sad news 00:57 - Nov 23 with 1102 viewsTheHappyGooner

Wessex had informed me about a death in the Virginia area under the name

Peter Drizhal - aged 54

He lived 9 miles from the funeral venue

It’s him. 99% sure .

Very sad news as he had some issues - including a short time in the clink

He never get over his girlfriends death

Not sure how this happened - we may never find out

To me on the 2 occasions I met him he was very generous and no where as controversial as he might have appeared on here. Both memorable and eventful meetings with humour .

He used to send me heartfelt emails

Bless him

All he wanted was love..in reality

Mr H

He was a Happy League Star at times - he won all tournaments available and the ONLY
One to ever do so apart from the king MFB.

5th best player of all time
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 1:43]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 01:28 - Nov 23 with 1089 viewswessex_exile

...and I sincerely hope we’re wrong, doesn’t look so though.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 01:31 - Nov 23 with 1086 viewsTheHappyGooner

I don’t think so

His last email to me was this

Hi J.R. :)

Not in prison. But remain on probation till late August (as I was sentenced to 360 but released after a week) ..

I’d like to move back to pastoral Iowa this autumn. Have only caught sporadic 10-20 minutes of WC games when in past I’d be submerged, all in. If you might take me in, in London for a week Feb or March, I’ll pay for two tix to Spurs. I would love to see London from a native’s perspective…

… ****** used to do that, but she got a bit “weird” after knowing her from 1997-2007.. That would be an explanation over pints with you and me and Des :):)

I think I drifted away from helping you edit your books when it seemed I wouldn’t get proper credit. I do have 4 Best American Awards for my writers/and as editor of UrbanUS/RaiZirr.. I want micro-type credit on the cover: “contributing editor Peter Drizhal. A chapbook or brochure would be fine. God does what God has time for :D

Updated phone number 240-907-1400 .. Although that looks like a number to a US corporation, I paid T-Com (T-mobile here) $1000 to get that rarified-air number.

Jesus Loves You and I know in my heart that Jesus Love Me.

Sorry it took such a long spell to get back atcha.

Best regards,
Your Peter :)
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 1:34]

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 09:24 - Nov 23 with 1046 viewsburnsieespana

Very sad news if it is Pete. RIP
Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 12:17 - Nov 23 with 1022 viewsgerry_us

Certainly the spelling of his surname is correct as I got told off for spelling it wrong. I met with him a couple of times when he lived in Des Moines Iowa and I lived in Minneapolis Minnisota. Was certainly well opinionated but always got on reasonably with him face to face; unfortunately not so well after I returned to UK when email comms. became "strained".RIP Pete if it is you. If not I am sure we will hear😇
Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 19:46 - Nov 23 with 981 viewsmfb_cufc

The last time Pete posted on here was in the Happy League on 3rd January this year. He apparently passed away on 22nd January. I had a letter from him in 2016, and he was living in Annandale, Vaginia at the time. His twitter account confirms he was still living there on 24th December 2018, the last time he entered anything on there. So like mrhappy I am 99% certain this is Pete. The one time I met him I also found him generous, and nowhere as controversial as he could be on here. RIP

mfb

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 19:48 - Nov 23 with 979 viewsdurham_exile

RIP Barside Pete

Durham_exile

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 20:06 - Nov 23 with 975 viewsTheOldOakTree

Very sad if it is true.

I always felt very humble, that with the whole internet to choose from, you chose us to be your friends. You shared your life with us with such love and enthusiasm and although I often had no idea what you were talking about, I was always grateful that you took the time to share your thoughts and to give us an insight in to your world that was so different in many ways.

When it got a little tough for you and you lost your way, you overstepped the line, and you got the reaction you deserved, but thank god you were different. The world would be a very boring place without people like you.

Your life may have been too short, but it was not wasted, to many of us your unconditional love brought much happiness and although you will be missed, you will not be forgotten.

I hope that you are now, and for eternity, in the arms of your beloved Martha.

RIP Pete.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 20:10]
Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 22:18 - Nov 23 with 931 viewsthrillseeker

This is sad news.

I know Pete became agitated with life following the illness and subsequent death of his partner but on the 2 occasions I met him in the Bricklayers I found him to be very generous and thoughtful person.

On the 2nd visit we got so drunk on the Friday night he missed the game at Scunthorpe the next day.

I liked Pete and am saddened to hear this news
Login to get fewer ads

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 22:36 - Nov 23 with 924 viewsgerry_us

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 22:18 - Nov 23 by thrillseeker

This is sad news.

I know Pete became agitated with life following the illness and subsequent death of his partner but on the 2 occasions I met him in the Bricklayers I found him to be very generous and thoughtful person.

On the 2nd visit we got so drunk on the Friday night he missed the game at Scunthorpe the next day.

I liked Pete and am saddened to hear this news

Oh, and how well I remember that Saturday, waiting for him at to appear Doncaster railway station to take him to the game and then overnight at Gerry Towers.
So it was you that got him p...... Actually it didn't take much as I remember from some of his stories. Never did get the reason for his non-appearance.
Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 00:35 - Nov 24 with 904 viewsDaniel

I have checked when he last logged onto the site and this was 12th January, just days before it appears that he died. So sad, I was only wondering what had happened to him earlier this week.

He was a good guy that took a big knock and failed to recover from it.

I didn’t realise that I had seen so much of him, as well as the legendary nights out at the Bricklayers, I took him to a game at White Hart Lane, which he loved, despite the result and the chaos that is our public transport.
Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 01:25 - Nov 24 with 900 viewsTheHappyGooner

I never did find out why he had a Colchester connection and how it came about ....

He may have told me but I can’t remember.

This is all very sobering and shows us all life is short so make it count.

Now I know why I’m in the process of dumping several time wasters - can’t be bothered anymore .

If their not genuine - Adios amigos
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 1:27]

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 01:43 - Nov 24 with 892 viewsTheHappyGooner

Greatest memory ...

I will
Never forget the mayhem
pete caused bringing a giant sports bag into the match at Ipswich v Norwich causing keystone cop humour as people couldn’t sit in their seats and many others falling over it - absolutely hilarious 😂 lol

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 10:02 - Nov 24 with 860 viewsmfb_cufc

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 01:25 - Nov 24 by TheHappyGooner

I never did find out why he had a Colchester connection and how it came about ....

He may have told me but I can’t remember.

This is all very sobering and shows us all life is short so make it count.

Now I know why I’m in the process of dumping several time wasters - can’t be bothered anymore .

If their not genuine - Adios amigos
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 1:27]

I think Pete said his connection with Colchester came about after we beat Ipswich 1-0 in our first season in the Championship. The game was broadcast in the USA, and after seeing it he became an instant fan of the team.

mfb

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 10:47 - Nov 24 with 855 viewsMoor_Pinot

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 10:02 - Nov 24 by mfb_cufc

I think Pete said his connection with Colchester came about after we beat Ipswich 1-0 in our first season in the Championship. The game was broadcast in the USA, and after seeing it he became an instant fan of the team.

The loss of any Colchester United supporter is a sad thing. We are a small and passionate and positive band.

Moor Pinot

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 17:28 - Dec 5 with 724 viewsTheHappyGooner

Thank you again Wessex for letting me know about this

I can close the book now

👍♥️
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 17:29]

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 18:24 - Dec 5 with 707 viewsgerry_us

Barside Pete has passed over - sad news on 17:28 - Dec 5 by TheHappyGooner

Thank you again Wessex for letting me know about this

I can close the book now

👍♥️
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 17:29]

Pete generated enough for a library!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024