Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko 20:28 - Dec 2 with 1370 viewsBlue4U2

Tues 3rd December i.e tomorrow
Though you'd struggle to find anything at all about it from the official site.
West stand and South stand are open at £8
Anyone thinking of going ? to date I have boycotted this competition
but 2nd round I am tempted !
Up the U's
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 20:32]
U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 21:32 - Dec 3 with 407 viewswessex_exile

...and that particular adventure is over.

Much better second half, but the damage was done in the first half unfortunately. I saw two clear cut penalties for the U's second half, but with an ineffectual referee failing to get a grip on Stevenage's dreadful 'game-management' in the second half, we must rely on the two remaining routes to a possible Wembley appearance.

First half I was glad I don't have to watch the U's play like that too often, second half I was glad I don't have to watch Stevenage at all.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 21:40 - Dec 3 with 393 viewsdurham_exile

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 21:32 - Dec 3 by wessex_exile

...and that particular adventure is over.

Much better second half, but the damage was done in the first half unfortunately. I saw two clear cut penalties for the U's second half, but with an ineffectual referee failing to get a grip on Stevenage's dreadful 'game-management' in the second half, we must rely on the two remaining routes to a possible Wembley appearance.

First half I was glad I don't have to watch the U's play like that too often, second half I was glad I don't have to watch Stevenage at all.

Wessex all the more disappointing after topping the group stage.

These poor starts at home must stop if we are to achieve promotion.

Two strikers at home must be the way forward.

Salford at the weekend with a sub 2,500 crowd sadly.

UTU's

Durham_exile

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 21:56 - Dec 3 with 389 viewsnoah4x4

U's awful until Pell substituted. Then much brighter.
But Senior made wrong decision every attack. It's a team game Courtney.
First Stevenage penalty justified, U's punished for poor passing play.
Second penalty a joke. Prosser clearly played the ball - should be a corner.
Referee awful. I have never seen so many incorrect decisions.
U's should have had two penalties for handball.
Our players booked - Stevenage unpunished for like offences.
Stevenage worst ever cheating, faking, simulating bunch of time wasters.
Mackail - Smith should have been dismissed he dived so often.
Referee simply terrible. But eventual realised the extent of Stevenage skulluggery.
But why didn't he book them for feigning injury and other timewasting.
We DIDNT deserve anything from this game, but when officials are this awful its painful to watch. But at least it only cost be £6. £10 on I-follow.
U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 22:02 - Dec 3 with 386 viewsgerry_us

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 21:56 - Dec 3 by noah4x4

U's awful until Pell substituted. Then much brighter.
But Senior made wrong decision every attack. It's a team game Courtney.
First Stevenage penalty justified, U's punished for poor passing play.
Second penalty a joke. Prosser clearly played the ball - should be a corner.
Referee awful. I have never seen so many incorrect decisions.
U's should have had two penalties for handball.
Our players booked - Stevenage unpunished for like offences.
Stevenage worst ever cheating, faking, simulating bunch of time wasters.
Mackail - Smith should have been dismissed he dived so often.
Referee simply terrible. But eventual realised the extent of Stevenage skulluggery.
But why didn't he book them for feigning injury and other timewasting.
We DIDNT deserve anything from this game, but when officials are this awful its painful to watch. But at least it only cost be £6. £10 on I-follow.

Well, that's set the tone for the rest of the season unless we get an "immediate" change of manager. There are currently lots available who could regenerate our squad for the next five months if ever our owners would come to realise what the problem really is. Some hope though.
U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 11:46 - Dec 4 with 337 viewsdurham_exile

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 22:02 - Dec 3 by gerry_us

Well, that's set the tone for the rest of the season unless we get an "immediate" change of manager. There are currently lots available who could regenerate our squad for the next five months if ever our owners would come to realise what the problem really is. Some hope though.

Having read the manager's comments this morning I am more annoyed than ever.

The Cheltenham game was considered to be a poor one from the performance perspective following an enforced break and now we are guilty of the same crimes against a poor Stevenage team.

I suspect that there is also the Manchester United factor prevalent as well.

All must be stamped out because we need six points against Salford and Scunny prior to the 18th December.

This "Iowa Farm boy routine" (apologies to a Few Good Men) has long been played out and JM needs a much slicker and plausible reason than "we were rusty".

There is no excuse for some sloppiness (first half we were abject) and to give a poor team a two goal start is beyond explanation.

The players should have been raring to go and fitness should not have been an issue. Chuck was suspended and we missed him. Senior is profligate in front of goal.

Hopefully Ben Stevenson will be back we need him in the midfield. Also the last 20 minutes was the perfect opportunity to blood Jevani Brown last night.

Brown will not improve if he is not given match time. Shades of Bonne et al unfortunately.

I am so annoyed about the defeat because Stevenage were there for the taking and a golden opportunity to advance in another cup competition.

Lack of consistency the only consistent thing about JM's team.

I am incandescent with rage today.

UTU's

Durham_exile

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 16:48 - Dec 4 with 319 viewsdurham_exile

The latest from JM - the Physio staff gave Ryan Jackson the ok, but 10 minutes in last night he was not fit.

No Right Back on the bench so Tom Lapslie played out of position.

JM continued - This is one that we could have looked at because I would have changed my bench if I had known.

Does JM not talk to the physio and had he not anticipated a problem with Jackson, who is one of the U's top performers and gives everything to the cause. If he and Stevenson are now out and Paris Cowan-Hall still injured (he was brilliant against Spurs when he kept Son quiet at Right Back) then Wiredu will play against Salford at RB.

Not a good day today post a damaging defeat!

UTU's

Durham_exile

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 10:57 - Dec 5 with 269 viewsMoor_Pinot

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 16:48 - Dec 4 by durham_exile

The latest from JM - the Physio staff gave Ryan Jackson the ok, but 10 minutes in last night he was not fit.

No Right Back on the bench so Tom Lapslie played out of position.

JM continued - This is one that we could have looked at because I would have changed my bench if I had known.

Does JM not talk to the physio and had he not anticipated a problem with Jackson, who is one of the U's top performers and gives everything to the cause. If he and Stevenson are now out and Paris Cowan-Hall still injured (he was brilliant against Spurs when he kept Son quiet at Right Back) then Wiredu will play against Salford at RB.

Not a good day today post a damaging defeat!

UTU's

McG doesn't "talk " to anyone Durham. He doesn't have that ability, you must have heard his interviews. Poor chap has severe limitations. We are horribly encumbered with him at a time when for 3 years we've had some decent players.

I'm afraid it is time to just get rid of Senior altogether. He s a spoiler of work done by others, cannot shoot and cannot pass at all. A good player at National Lg level. We have better and so do Maldon & Tiptree. Pell, who is not a very good footballer is now proving it, but his inspirationalism is worth having and he's not showing it this season.

We have played very little football recently and do not look interested enough to make upward league progress. This - and the Manchester issue you cite Durham - would all be better dealt with if we had some proper management. Mr Cowling is entitled to his ways and I am glad we have him but he doesn't get everything right and sadly for the fans we want to see better from players many of us know ARE decent. As such they are being wasted. As for Brown, he needs to play I think, that's the only way he will build anything for himself with us.

Jackson's injury a drag, pity we can't sign that Maldon number2 along with Slew....

Very unimpressed with us the last month, yes, you are right Durham 2500 on Saturday max.

Not confident.

Moor Pinot

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 12:45 - Dec 5 with 264 viewswessex_exile

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 10:57 - Dec 5 by Moor_Pinot

McG doesn't "talk " to anyone Durham. He doesn't have that ability, you must have heard his interviews. Poor chap has severe limitations. We are horribly encumbered with him at a time when for 3 years we've had some decent players.

I'm afraid it is time to just get rid of Senior altogether. He s a spoiler of work done by others, cannot shoot and cannot pass at all. A good player at National Lg level. We have better and so do Maldon & Tiptree. Pell, who is not a very good footballer is now proving it, but his inspirationalism is worth having and he's not showing it this season.

We have played very little football recently and do not look interested enough to make upward league progress. This - and the Manchester issue you cite Durham - would all be better dealt with if we had some proper management. Mr Cowling is entitled to his ways and I am glad we have him but he doesn't get everything right and sadly for the fans we want to see better from players many of us know ARE decent. As such they are being wasted. As for Brown, he needs to play I think, that's the only way he will build anything for himself with us.

Jackson's injury a drag, pity we can't sign that Maldon number2 along with Slew....

Very unimpressed with us the last month, yes, you are right Durham 2500 on Saturday max.

Not confident.

2,501 - I'll be there :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 12:52 - Dec 5 with 263 viewsMoor_Pinot

U's v Stevenage 7.30 ko on 12:45 - Dec 5 by wessex_exile

2,501 - I'll be there :-)

Apologies Wesser, I miscounted. 2501 it is.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024